My Experience with Jaw Implants and Buccal Fat Pad Removal by Dr Noorman Van Der Dussen/Oelbrandt - Antwerp, Belgium

In October 2012 I undertook a procedure that...

In October 2012 I undertook a procedure that involved:
- Jaw implants
- Buccal fat pad removal
- Chin and neck liposuction
The procedure was carried out by Dr Noorman van der Dussen and Dr Bert Oelbrandt at a hospital close to Antwerp, Belgium.

The aim of the procedure was to reduce a nagging double chin that I had carried for many years, and, through the jaw implants, give my face a more 'masculine' look.

The procedure was undoubtedly a success - after a period of approximately 3 weeks where there was some significant swelling around the jaw area, the outcome was that it appeared that I had lost weight and looked healthier. I received a number of compliments on the improvement, with no visible evidence of what had occurred (the implant incisions were on the inside of the mouth, and the liposuction incisions were tiny). I simply looked like myself - but a lot better. I was ecstatic.

The result has improved my appearance and given me a great deal more confidence. I wish I had done procedure years ago.

I do wish that I had a better grasp of the amount of swelling and the recovery period - the swelling was significantly for 3 weeks, and the first week was particularly difficult.

The doctors were extremely professional and skilled in the procedure and I thank them.

Dr Noorman van der Dussen / Dr Bert Oelbrandt

I would rate the efforts of Dr van der Dussen and Dr Oelbrandt as excellent. The outcome of the procedure was an unqualified success. I also had some questions and concerns after the operation, particularly with what I regarded as a slow recovery time. However they were accessible for discussions and meetings when I required it.

Are you still around? was wondering why you marked docters beside manner only 2 stars.
Can i ask what type of jaw implants you had?

Hi Peter,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you're happy with your results. I hope you're still doing well and your results have continued to get better.

It would be great to see some before/after pics, if you have any you're comfortable sharing!