Amazing Doctor - Incredible Staff

Needed to be done

needed to be done

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Dorfman, his courteous staff and my overall experience with them. I needed to have my #14 molar extracted along with jawbone grafting in order to have an implant put in. I don't have insurance so I decided to shop around to see who could do it for the least amount of money. After visiting 4 not so friendly oral surgeons around the valley and realizing that it was gonna cost about the same amount of money to have it done I knew I needed to choose someone I was truly comfortable with. When I came to Dr. Dorfman's office the staff were friendly and made me feel right at home. They set up my consultation immediately after I explained how much the tooth was bothering me so we could take care of it ASAP. When I met with Dr. Dorfman he was friendly, informative and very professional. He took the time to explain my options of simply extracting the tooth or going the route of a bridge or implant. All of the other surgeons I had met with wanted to knock me out for the procedure ( I assume so they could charge more money ) but he gave me the option stating that the pain wouldn't be bad with just a local.That saved me hundreds of dollars. He was very thorough and explained everything clearly leaving me with no questions to ask. I knew for sure that this was the man for the job and he was able to get me in quickly as well. By the time I got home they had emailed me a link to some videos illustrating in detail how the surgery was gonna go. This made it easy for my wife to understand how it was gonna go. We both knew I was in good hands. When I got there for the surgery I was very nervous. I was afraid of going through it being awake and my stomach was in knots. His nurse was waiting for me and took me right in. She was compassionate and assured me that it wasn't gonna hurt like I was fearing it would. She really made me feel at ease. As I was seated the Dr. came right in and was ready to go. There was no wait time at all. After he numbed my mouth he asked if I was ready and off we went. While he was performing the surgery he asked several times if I was feeling any pain. He was genuinely concerned about that. All I could feel was slight pressure. He was done with everything in less than 20 minutes and I didn't feel any pain at all. I was blown away at how fast and pain free the whole ordeal was. As I was leaving, his caring staff explained what to expect for the next few hours and even sent me home with some instructions printed out so I would have something to read in case I forgot anything they had told me. After a few hours the bleeding stopped and the pain was very minimal. Dr. Dorfman even personally called me later that day to see how I was doing. I've never had a doctor do that before in my life. My wife and I couldn't believe that there are doctors that actually do that. My face never swelled up and now I am looking forward to having them do my implant. I will definitely recommend The Center for Oral & Facial Surgery to anyone. They are simply amazing.