51 Year Old Women with Hollow Under Eyes from Aging. Annapolis, MD

Aging is not easy in a world that that tends not...

Aging is not easy in a world that that tends not to embrace aging. I did not like looking in the mirror and seeing how hollow I had become under my eyes. Fat transfer seem to be the best option since fillers would require the need to be repeated.
When you chose to do fat transfer, you need to realize that it may be reabsorbed back into the body. So the risk starts before you even get the transfer. I am 3 days out and look very swollen. The chipmunk look . Now time will only tell the results. Only a little is added at a time. As the doctor says you can add more but not take away if it is too much. Make sure you doctor includes corrections, if need be, in the price. Research and ask as many questions as you can. No matter what the aging process will still go on.

Welcome to RS ! Wonderful advice and u get it! Whether it's our eyes , face or TT AND BBL! I made sure my f/u post opt apptments seroma, belly button abnormal healing and full knowledge abt my muscle repair was included in my recovery after care should I have any setbacks or incidents! I'm blessed I only had the 20% fat loss and nothing else! Thanks for sharing! Any b4 pics ?
Just curious who was your doctor?

sweeps

Now on 6 days out. Swelling has gone down quite a bit. I still look like my cheeks at the highest point are large and protrude. Does not look natural as of yet.

You will love it, IF it stays...unfortunately it did not stay with me....I looked great for about a month and then it all got reabsorbed and the hollows were back :( So I went to my surgeon and asked if he could repeat, No not without going under anesthesia again! I wouldnt do that so opted for resty instead. Well that was painful and the bruising took a week to resolve and I looked great....for a month....then the resty went away!!! I was so mad! well...only on one side but it was right back to where it was before...I went back again and my surgeon put more just on that side...I have a black eye again but I HOPE it will stay...this is not only painful but expensive as he is NOT giving me any breaks in the price! Good luck let us know how it goes!
Yes MamaGun - If it stays. This is not an easy process. My face is changing bit by bit. I am thrilled to read that there has been good success on the RS site. Hope I made a good choice on the PS. Will keep all up to date.

sweeps

2 Weeks post. I am loving the way my face is looking, however I realize that the fat settles for about 3 months. The face is slightly different of each side, which I have read in many articles, is common. I am wondering if I should have fount someone who does PRP with the fat transfer. As many who have done the FT I am waiting out the results. It is so important to review the doctor who will do the transfer and be sure he/she shows you they can get positive results.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sweeps

Sorry to say that it is 17 days post and already I can see my face going back to the hollow look under my eyes and nasolabial folds are starting to show.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Do you know if he used the method where they spin the fat first as I thought that procedure was suppose to make the fat take better. Hope to hear from you and that you get some benefit from the procedure.
Thank you for sharing my journey. No, the doctor did not use the spin process. I have read about the spinning of fat and using platelet rich plasma. Would love to have those who have had fat transfer to face using the process mentioned join in and tell us all how well it has worked.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sweeps

Well, I am now 1 month out and swelling has gone done. I do have fat surviving but it is hard to get a percentage without speaking to the doctor. I would guess I have about 50% at this point maybe less. The hollows do need more fat, however, I do see improvement to my hollows under my eyes and nasolabial fold area. Many doctors have posted that it is better to do less rather than more. So far I can say I am happy with the fat transfer. My next visit to PS is next month and will update then.

The doctor I used did not spin the fat. He used a cheese cloth. I do have a good amount of fat that has survived.

Sweeps

2 months post. Fat transfer has some survival. Not sure if I think it is worth it. My hollows are not as deep and the nasolabial folds are not as noticeable as before the transfer.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.