My Journey to a Better Me...-3/19/13 updates

My surgery has been booked for Feb 27,2013 and it...

My surgery has been booked for Feb 27,2013 and it seems so far away. I've been wanting a breast reduction for at least the last 6 years. This past October I went for another consult. Low and behold I found a surgeon that participated with my insurance and was willing to do all the leg work. My first initial request was denied... But with more documentation and a appeal I was approved( the best Christmas gift a girl can ask for... besides diamonds ;). So now my journey continues. I have do many mixed emotions because I know this is happening. I can't wait until I'm completely healed and I can get out on the track and run w/o two bras on to support my boobs. I'm 5'2 and a size 32DDD. My goal is to be a C cup.

So my surgery is a little over a month away, and...

So my surgery is a little over a month away, and when I say I'm going through some emotions boy I am. So now I'm going through the self doubt stage wondering if I'm making the right decision. I walk passed a mirror today and thought my breast really don't look " that big." I guess I'm just scared its s natural emotion. I'm always the strong one but today I don't feel so strong. I know that this is a process and many people go through this. I actually considered asking my PS to just heavily sedate me, again I know that's crazy but the thought crossed my mind... Lol. I really just ready for this to be done and over, so that I can sit back and laugh at how emotional I was prior to this surgery. I know this is a stage, hopefully I will be more at ease after my Pre-op.

So my surgery is tomorrow. I had my first real...

So my surgery is tomorrow. I had my first real meltdown this morning. I believe it was a combination of everything. I'm excited to enter into a new phase. I've wanted this for so long, I'm tired of the bruises, headaches, and back pain. I hope to add some before and after shots.... Bye bye 32DDD.

Yesterday, was my surgery. Overall I feel good. I...

Yesterday, was my surgery. Overall I feel good. I had to stop taking the pain meds because it was causing hives. They ask are you allergic to anything my thought is no, but I guess if I've never had a medication I could be. I've been comfortable with tyelonol until I go back later for a different prescription. I did have some dizziness earlier and fell. My legs just couldn't hold my body. No drains, but some leakage...ugh! PS said it was normal. I'm already loving my new body. This is the best decision I could have made.

I went for my follow up today and saw my breast...

I went for my follow up today and saw my breast for the first time. I'm on cloud 9. Although, I did fell faint, and naeusas. I did not have drains and my stitches are inside rather than out. I have feelings in my nipples. I haven't had any pain medications since 6am today.

3days post op. I ventured out today, my only...

3days post op. I ventured out today, my only complaint is I'm tired. Which is expected my body has been through a lot. My breast are still swollen and they itch like crazy. All in all I'm doing great! No pain meds today, I did take some Benadryl for the itching. I hope everyone is recovering well and taken it easy.

The hardest part is sleeping on my back, and the...

The hardest part is sleeping on my back, and the caffeine headaches. My PS did tell me to minimize caffeine, smoking(which im not), and being around smokers.
I haven't had pain meds since Friday morning. I have been taking Benadryl for the itch around my wound area. I am bloated also, so I've been trying to eat lots of fiber, I've also been taking stool softners. I'm still not ready to be around a lot of people so I stay home or do local errands. I'm hoping by next week end I will be out showing off my new body... Lol

My only regret is...that I did not do this sooner!

My only regret is...that I did not do this sooner!

One week post op and I'm loving the results. The...

One week post op and I'm loving the results. The healing process was/ is not that bad. Other than the itching and sleeping on my back was the hardest. I think I have every pillow in my house in my bed to support me at night. I am able to sleep on my side which is great!
I went for my follow up and was cleared to resume normal activities of course within reason. Now my next goal is to find a cream to soften the scars. Don't get me wrong I've always been a confident woman but, I've never felt this good about my body in years. I'm so in love with myself it's crazy... Lol

A little over two weeks PO, not much really to...

A little over two weeks PO, not much really to report. Still swollen, very little pain, however I've been getting these pulsating type of pains around nipple area. I really don't know how to describe it. Other than that all is well. I have another PO appointment on Monday. I go back to work on Thursday( looking forward to see how that goes). I am excited that my
t-shirts no longer look too small:)

So I've decided to post pics, tomorrow will be 3...

So I've decided to post pics, tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I've had my new babies and I love them! It has been a journey if ups and downs. I think I've been more emotional these past few weeks then I've been in years. As far as pain goes very minimum still some stinging, burning sensations on the breast. Not enough to take anything but still annoying. I'm still having difficulty finding bras of the rack. I plan to go this w/e to be fitted for more comfortable bras. I'm not a big fan of sports bras, for work. I need to feel a little more supported. I fid start working out yesterday and it felt great. All in all on a scale of 1-10 I would say I'm a 9.5:-).

I've scheduled my BR for June 3rd. As I read the reviews, even the ones with tough recoveries are glad they have done it, but I hope my recovery goes as smoothly as yours seems to be going.
I pray your recovery goes well. Trust me its not all a bed of roses but on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 9. Since I've gone back to work there are days when I experience some discomfort but I'm still able to continue on. My only concern is I wish they were a little smaller, now I'm wishing I said a B cup because I feel like they are a D if not DD. They still look better then before.
By the way I live in DC, and the surgery will be performed at a major hospital.
I just wanted to say that you really look nice! My surgery is 4/17/13 and I get knots in my stomach thinking too much about it. I am like you I look in the mirror and say "you need it" and then I will say "is this the right thing". I am 5'9" and they are large for my frame. Any suggestions. Thank you
Good luck with your surgery, all will go well and you will love the results. The hardest part is the last week prior to surgey, for me it felt like my date would never get here. This site is so helpful for me, I find myself on here more then talking to my friends. These ladies really know what we are going through. I had an emotional journey, I think a lot played into what I was dealing with on a personal level also. Birch has a great post, she posted any and everything that you could think of and made it so easy for others to use her list. I'm so glad I had this done, I feel great. Now there will be days where emotionally you're on a roller coaster, just know that you are not alone. I tell everyone this to stock up on pantyliners, and a stool softner. Those are the things we will forget and trust me they will be the first thing you use besides your pain meds. Good luck, and thank you! Keep us posted!
Wondering are some spots on your breast still hard and do the sides seem to Salk at times? I notice my sides seem to sell at night so when putting my arms by my side I can feel the swell. Both sides equally, also I still have one spot dripping blood, do you still have any drainage? Thought if ask you where we are at same dates, thank you!!
Swell not Salk and not sell.lol
I have no more drainage. They are still swollen and they do hurt a little especially at night. Last night I slept on my stomach with a pillow under my chest and it wasn't as bad. They still have that boxy look but for the most part healing ok. I went my PS and he said that everything looks great. I really think for me it's the bra, for se reason when I wear the surgical bra I have minimum discomfort, but when I put on a sports bra they are not as tight and there may be some movement. I hope this helps.
I have one hard spot under my nipple on the left breast.
Yes that helps thank you!! I notice in the shower this morning the left side is softening up but the rigjt is still hard and burny im getting there though. I have spot on both and niticed this morning both had no drainage when i took off bra or after shower. Today i put on regular walmart sport bra that ive been wearing and i put one that clips in front over it for extra supoort and see how that works.i wasnt in pain all night for a change but am stuffed up from allergy so didnt sleep at all.grr. always something lol. Your looking great/ good for us when this swelling goes down! Funny i have 2 bras 2 tanks and a thin sweater on today. Hahaha and i dont look huge! Love it
Wow congratulations your same day as me and doing more than I am. I have ambition to do more and Dr says no maybe because I don't have steri strips or maybe because I have a couple openings or the 7 pounds removal made my skin more fragile which is what he said...maybe next week I'll be where your at.I'm so proud of us and I can't wait to show off at work.lol. I still have to wear the sport bras but I don't mind because I never could in my life so I love not having to deal with the clips of a big old bra machine. Ha. Good luck at work and take it easy....congratulations
Thank you!!! I just found a wonderful front closure bra by fruit of the loom at Walmart. I'm so excited that it fit I'm going back to by more. Lol. We are getting there, I throw all my large bras with 4 hooks in the TRASH it was so rewarding... Lol
**threw
I enjoyed throwing mine in the trash to lol I got a couple if those front closure but I'm not sure if they're enough support for me right now the front is very low maybe il try one again tomorrow. Isn't the shopping and clothes part fun!!!
Please forgive the spelling errors...touchscreen phones, got to love them!
It's ok I sent a swear once because of my spell thing in my phone and didn't notice until I hit send and couldn't DELTE it haha
Hi so i guess i am not the only one finding it hard to sleep on my back or pain in nipples it been two weeks for me as well
I hate sleeping on my back. Last night I was able to sleep on my side with a smal throw pillow under my boob. It was the BEST night's sleep in weeks. :-)
Sleeping on my back is making my rear and back ache so I lean a little on the side just enough to get off that area and use a pillow so I don't move after I'm asleep. Il also be glad when I'm healed enough to lay how I want!!
So my first weekend out since my surgery. Did some bra shopping, no luck. I got very excited about the two I bought and the price I paid but when I got home they were too small. Today for some reason my boobs look bigger. I know they are still swollen, but I hope they get smaller. My breast started growing back in 2006, for most of my life I was a D cup then one day BAM! These humongous things were sitting on my chest. Although, they look perkier then they've ever looked in years and I mean years. My biggest fear is the "drop and fluff" and they will be BIG again. I don't know just my feelings. Trying to stay hopeful! :-)
I worry about the drop and fluff too. I don't want them to get big again or start to sag. I am so afraid of going w/o a bra but I do have days I have to go w/o b/c they rub against sore spots.
Windy, I feel the same way! I do not want to be where I was 3weeks ago. I wear a bra all day. Just to avoid it....lol
Be in love with yourself and have no shame about it!! You go girl :)
Thanks smallboobies!
Try sleeping propped up with a couple of pillows behind you, one under your knees. That helped me a lot. I'm not a back sleeper either. Keep taking it easy, it gets better each day.