African American Female Desperately Wanted Realistic Rhinoplasty Procedure - Ann Arbor, MI

I've always felt like my nose was out of balance...

I've always felt like my nose was out of balance with my face. When the opportunity presented itself to get rhinoplasty, I jumped at the chance. I wanted to make sure that I went to an ENT, which Dr. Malhotra is. I am extremely happy with the results. I'm still a little swollen but I know that is to be expected. I loved the staff, especially Kelly, I was impressive that Dr Malhotra called me personally, mere hours after my procedure to check on me. I was expecting more pain than I experienced.

On a scale of 1-10, my pain level was at a 3 and I have a REALLY low pain threshold. The first two days following surgery, sleeping will be a little uncomfortable, but if you follow the instuctions given and clean your nose, if gets a lot better on day 3. The reason why it gets difficult at night is because you can't breathe through your nose...only your mouth. Because of this, your lips and throat become very dry. I kept water by my bedside and applied lip balm whenever this occured.

I strongly reccommend doing extensive research and have realistic expectations. I went into the surgery knowing that my nose would be swollen for 6-18 months. African American skin is thicker and therefore has longer swelling time. I'm actually shocked that my swelling has gone down so severly in only 2.5 months.

3 month update

My nose is still swollen, especially the tip of my nose. The swelling does seem to go down every month!
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Very pretty wid Lovely Results. USA girls are lucky ders good surgeons for ethnic rhino rite at ur door steps in UK it's hard to find surgeons experienced wid black rhino's.
did you have any scars After surgery?
I just had the same surgery by the same dr. And Mt tip is really swollen
you looks amazing. look what a tiny difference makes. your nose was always beautiful, all you needed was to take the nostrils in and now you are a perfect 10. congratulations!
You look FABULOUS!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope my nose comes out as good as yours : )
Your results are AMAZING, you look great !
omggggg. your nose looks AMAZINGGGG
Thanks so much!! Your nose looks good!! Nice pix! I'm even more excited now!
Post another pic please ;)
Wow! It looks great!! I was nervous about getting mine done b/c I know it's easy to mess up an African American nose, but I feel more comfortable after seeing your results.
Very pretty
Wow, your results are really good. I am trying to schedule a surgery soon and so far Dr. Harrison Lee has been my top pic, but your pics are making me reconsider
Wow!! That makes me feel confident that there's a doctor who knows an African American nose! No pun intended ;)
I'm African American and I'm soooo nervous about getting the rhinoplasty.. I don't want to look piggish because my nose already sticks up.. I'm glad you posted this because working on African American nose is different. I'm going to go check him out what all did he perform on you and did you need any injections ??
Hi there! I'm going to Dr. Molhotra for rhinoplasty the 20th of this month! It's so comforting to hear you had such a great experience...I have nothing but great things to say about them so far, hoping for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery! You look amazing! Did you have a lot of bruising?
I actually had no bruising because he didn't have to break any bones. He is such a great doctor. You'll be so happy with your results!
I'm sure I will have some, I have a hump in my nose. But regardless I'm really looking forward to a new me :)
Yes I just went he is the best
Oooh, I love Ann Arbor! And I love your results. You look so beautiful. Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! :)
Your nose looks great!
You look really nice! Did you have a open or closed rhinoplasty?
I had an open rhinoplasty. I was afraid of scars but the cuts are so thin that you can't even tell.
You had an excellent result. Congrats.
You look amazing!
First I would like to THANK YOU for not only posting your pics but sharing your story. One of the most difficult things about trying to find a surgeon is there are so few A.Americans posting their stories with pictures. I am just about ready to give up! I live in California and the surgeons out here are asking for way too much money. I'm definitely going to check your surgeon out. Your nose looks great!!