Wavefront Lasik; Some Residual Night Driving Problems 2 Years Later - Anchorage, AK

I paid $4,300 to have it done in Anchorage,...

I paid $4,300 to have it done in Anchorage, Alaska, plus travel costs (total was close to $8,000 because I was in rural Alaska at the time). The procedure itself was painless. Recovery time was very fast, I was pain free in a couple of hours and the next day i could read and watch TV. My vision was corrected to 20/15, and it is still that sharp even 2 years later. I have some residual problems with night blindness but it is correctable with glasses worn for night driving only, and overall I would do it again.

Other stuff to help with dry eye post-Lasik

I am not a doctor, and if you had Lasik recently talk to your doctor before trying this. I loved LASIK and having 20/15 vision. I did not love continual eyedrops and mild dry eye, or night blindness.

My ophthalmologist in Denver treated me for the night vision problems I was having. He noticed that I had a huge amount of eye makeup in my tear film. He also noticed that my Meibomian glands along the lash line were getting clogged with makeup.

Your tear film is made up of a lot of stuff, apparently, and the Meibomian glands secrete a special type of oil that floats on top of the tear film, keeping it in the eye so it doesn't evaporate. My Meibomian glands needed some help.

I got some anti-allergy Similasan homeopathic eyedrops at my ophthalmologist's suggestion. Even though I have not left the house without a full eye makeup design, I stopped wearing eye makeup for two weeks. I also did warm compresses on my closed eyes, which helps get the Meibomians unclogged and gets the oils flowing. I wet a washcloth with hot tap water, test it to make sure it isn't too hot, and then gently hold it against my closed eyes for 20 seconds. Then I refold the cloth, and repeat for another 20 seconds. I do this in the morning, and in the evening when I wash my face.

I honestly didn't notice much of an improvement by not wearing eye makeup, and I really missed wearing eye makeup. What did help my night vision was a pair of eyeglasses with an anti-glare coating. I still wear makeup but now I opt for non-sparkle cream formulas, like Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Crayons. that seems to reduce the "fallout" that winds up in my tear film.
Anchorage Ophthalmologist

Dr. Coulter is amazing. His office is modern and his staff is wonderfully accommodating. When I had issues post-op he made time to see me and do everything he could to correct the issue. I would definitely go see Dr. Coulter again. I have extremely large pupils and for some reason had difficulty with night blindness after the procedure. Dr. Coulter placed some punctal/tear duct plugs and when I moved to Denver I got some glasses for night driving. My night vision is not as good as before Lasik, but it is reasonable, and I would still do it again.