Overjet, and Lower Crowding - Anchorage, AK

Pros: I can eat whatever I want, when ever I...

Pros:
I can eat whatever I want, when ever I want.

Cons:
Always and I mean always I'm I brushing my teeth. [I am a huge snack person]
Sometimes I would debate if I wanted to eat because I knew I would have to brush my teeth afterwards. [ Yes, I am lazy]

Teeth problem history:

Why I have an overjet:
I sucked my thumb until I was 18-19 [Yes, but fun fact, if you do not pressure a child. Children will quit on there own. Remember this and take it with you!]

Why I needed invisalign:
I did not post an old picture, but when I was 18 and under, I had a huge gap between my two front teeth. My bottom teeth were prefect as is. My wisdom teeth came in when I was about 18 - 19 [They have been removed since then]. My wisdom teeth closed my gap and crowded my lower teeth. I was upset for a while, but I was happy my gap was gone. After my wisdom were in; a lot my teeth still continued to move. My upper front tooth began to cross over my other front tooth. It was a slow process, but it started to become noticeable. I told myself, I rather have my gap back then to watch this happen.

I waited a little longer to see how things would turn out after my wisdom teeth were removed. I figured that when my wisdom teeth were removed, that my upper two top teeth would go back to normal, and that the crowding would relax. [Well that didn't happen] I never hated my old smile and I was always told I had wonderful smile. I always thought my smile brought me character. I am still very worried that I will loose that when I am done with treatment.

Process and procedures:
I have 26 trays for my top mouth
and 29 trays for my bottom mouth
18 months of treatment
And rubber bands to be added.

Currently tray 6 of 26 and 29

What a great story so far. Thank you heaps for sharing. You sound like you have an amazing personality that will shine through with or without corrected teeth!

Man I am suppose to be on try 19, but I keep...

Man I am suppose to be on try 19, but I keep loosing them all this week that I am not on tray 17 on top and tray 16 on bottom. I try to keep up with my trays but I keep misplacing them or loosing them. My appointment is on the 11th and today is the 7th.

I like this, but now I am wishing I would have just got normal braces.

Also, my bonds keep falling out. I just want them...

Also, my bonds keep falling out. I just want them to stay in so I can finish with my treatment. I am just thinking off calling the whole thing off and just sticking happy at try 19 of 26 and 19 of 29.

They removed the bonds my last visit. I am not...

They removed the bonds my last visit. I am not going to lie. I am very happy right now with the way my braces are going. :D Tray 21, I believe! :D
Hi Alaskan Sheep, I've just been reading your review and comments on the thumb sucking thing! I used to do that too for a large part of my childhood so I guess that's why I have an overjet (never put two and two together doh!) I guess we should have listened to our parents!!! Keeping going, you're almost there :)

2 week wait

I am waiting for my last set to come in. They stated the last 15 trays will be for touch-ups. I have also finished paying off my braces too! Woot!

My most recent picture updated finally. I can't wait till this is all over. -.-

Great Review!!

Very Informative!

Thanks for sharing.

I hope mine turn out that nice!
:D They should! Thank you for commenting.

15 trays turns into 25

So my touch up trays will be 25. I am currently on tray 5-25 trays for touch-ups.

A gap has recently formed in the front teeth. The doctor in the beginning told me this would happen. It's a little gap, and I am flossing like crazy now because of all the food in between my teeth being left. You should see them after an apple is consumed.

By tray 8, they will be putting attachments on my front teeth. (Oh the horror). I am somewhat displeased. (Since I am single again... argh!)

I hope they attachments in the front are not very viable. (Pray with me)
I have attachements on my fronts and they aren't that bad. Can you notice them up close? yes. Some distance? no. Show in pictures? no. So, I figure it could be worse :-)
:( Pray with me. I really hope this is the same for me. I am just counting down the days...
Your teeth are beautiful and so is your smile!

8 of 25...

I do not know what I feel about these new attachments on the front teeth. When all 4 new attachments were placed on my front teeth. I saw one had an air bubble in it after I got done eating. I tried everything to get the food that was stuck behind the tooth out. I choose to rip it off. I rather not suffer from a face cavity. I went back in, and they placed a new one on.

So far so good. My only trouble now is. That is takes some time taking my top aligner off. It can be a wee painful too. Including the annoyance, but hey I am almost done.

I am on tray 8 of 25 in touch-ups. I will aid a new picture soon.
Your teeth look great looking at the last picture! My attachments were removed a week ago while I wait on my refinements. Its been great without them... I had them on my front teeth too and I really hope I won't need them for this round but I won't get my hopes up too high... Hang in there! I look forward to seeing an updated picture soon! :)

Almost done...

So I haven't posted in awhile because I was a little bitter. I have attachments on my side and front teeth and I am wearing rubber bands again.

I am not egared to post a picture either. :P! So I am on tray 18 of 25. And than I am done.

I will post the final when it is all said and done.
How long does this take I have ugly teeth and would u say it works truely
Hey JUiCyBudii, I would say it works. To answer your other question. It took a year for my teeth to become corrected. It is taking another year to fix my overjet. So my teeth have been straight for quite some time now. It is my bite they are correcting now.
Thank you. I have been bitter these last months but I am hopeful for the final product.

21 out of 25

So I am coming to a end I hope.

Teeth: I have a slight gap between my front teeth, but they told me it should go away but the last tray. I still have rubber bands on. My bite is starting to match, and I don't feel as if I am fighting to bit right these days.

Cons, My tooth is really loose on the bottom. I am not sure why?

I want to post a picture, but really all these trays have been doing it pushing my teeth inward. So to me they still appear the same, just looks like they are getting smaller. I will post a final picture when it is all said and done.

So tray 21 out of 25 for touch up trays. I have a feeling I may have to put some metal ones on if this does not work.

ITS OVER!!!

So A few days ago I got my braces off!?

YAY!

My teeth look wonderful! I am happy. In closing I can say that I am happy I did this. It was worth it. I am so happy after this long process that I followed the rules and finished my braces on time.

I have to wear a retainer at night and they put a metal thing to line my bottom teeth. I am off for a dental cleaning tomorrow. I am so happy you guys and I am sad that is it all over.

I will have follow up for a year and than after that I am kicked out of the nest. I also was told if I loose my retainer it would cost $200 plus to replace top and bottom.

My phone broke so I can not post a last picture at this time. GOOD DAY EVERYONE

IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!
Keith C. Coombs, DDS, MS

I choose this provider because my insurance was covered by them, and because they allowed creditcard as well. They also offer me a promotional deal, so I took the opportunity. UPDATED*** It was a great experience! It was hard for me at first, but I am glad they offered a payment plan. They answer all my questions upfront and in closing. The doctor did not pull or take any of my teeth. In the past I was told teeth would need to be pulled. Thank you for reading my review and have a good day.