My VSG Journey with Dr. Sergio Verboonen - Cancun, MX

My daughter an I went to Cancun, Mexico to have a...

My daughter an I went to Cancun, Mexico to have a Vertical Sleeve Gasterectmy in Mar 2011. While she wanted to lose 100 lbs and did, I wanted my back to get better and lower my blood pressure.

We had our surgery at the Amerimed and it was a little scary since no one spoke English but our Doctors. We stayed 3 nights in hospital and it was a little rough but all in all not too bad pain wise. My daughter had it worse with pain than I did but Dr. Verboonen and his team came in and checked on us often.

I lost over 40 lbs and went off blood pressure pills. Also took my youngest daughter to Busch Gardens Amusement Park 5 times that next summer and walked around the park all day and rode rides. Previously could not have even thought of doing that. This surgery has changed my life and still talk to Dr. Verboonen on Facebook.

Dr. Sergio Verboonen

He was a great doctor and very helpful in explaining thing, follow-up was great.

Hi there, welcome and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a great achievement and it's awesome that you got to do it along with your daughter!

How did you find the change to your diet and lifestyle after surgery? Was it an easy change for you to make or did you find it difficult?

I would love to see some before/after pics, if you have any you're comfortable sharing!