Clear Rayz Blue/red LED

Let's start with the basics: I am in my...

Let's start with the basics: I am in my mid-thirties and have very thin porcelain skin. I also get mild adult acne since having my tubes tied. The hormone changes are very apparent in my skin. It has lost some lustre and elasticity, and i have noticeable melasma now. I also have some sun damage on my nose, cheeks and chin. Ugh. After being a pretty hot mama, getting old is no fun. Seeing myself age is just plain yuck!
I hhave been having LED therapy on my face, neck and chest, inn conjunction with microdermabrasion and glycolic acid peels, for quite some time now. I stopped while I was pregnant with my last baby because I just didn't know if it would have any negative effects and couldn't find any research on that, specifically. Now my face is a hot mess. I also suspended my injectibles in favor of a toxin free pregnancy and breastfeeding experience, so when i look in the mirror it is like a stranger is looking back at me...
I have no time to run to the spa every week, so I decided to resume the most effective part of my spa regimen at home: LED THERAPY. Believe me when I say that I was confident going makeup-free as long as I was having these treatments. A little moisturizer, mascara and lipgloss was all I needed to feel "done up."

I purchased a Clear Rayz device from Baby Quasar because it has both red and blue LED lights, and a large face. I plan to use it while reading during baby's naptime. My device should arrive next week, and I am anxiously counting the days. There is nothing worse than breaking out, covering it with makeup, the makeup exacerbating the breakout, piling on more makeup, and feeling like the cycle never ends! Plus, my skin is too sensitive for any soap, zit cream, or treatment besides those I listed above. Even the clarisonic brush gave me a horrible rash all over my face.

Sorry for the scattered appr8ach and misspellings. Baby on lap napping, and typing on tablet.

Before...

My clear rayz LED device arrived today! Eeeeeeee I am so excited. I posted images of the device, packaging, and before images of my trouble areas. I didnt realize how bad my skin has gotten until I saw these photos. How embarrassing. I used to have skin like nicole kidman, and now i look like an old beach bum.

I am going to spend 15 minutes in the steam room before doing my first LED treatment, to eliminate surface dirt and oil, as well as to unclog my pores. Then I am going to relax and watch a movie while i do my treatment. Will update with pics.

Two treatments later...

My husband commented that my skin looks smoother, which made me feel great! I noticed that my skin is plumper, pores are smaller, and for the first time in years my skin does not look DRY without creme on. Blemishes are healing more quickly than theywould on their own, and no new ones are appearing, so far. Melasma and scars are still visible, so let's see what happens there. Putting up some pics to show the progress. One thing you can't see in the pics is the happy glow my skin has taken on over the past few days.

PS

I spend 10 minutes in the steam room before each treatment. I use an atomizer to spray on a facial cleanser of my own creation while I am steaming. After I get a good sweat going i pour cold water over my face, then spray again. The cleanser consists of green tea, a few drops of organic lavender oil, and two pinches of sea salt. I do this because my skin is beyond sensitive and cannot tolerate any kind of rubbing or scrubbing. The steam opens the pores, sea salt draws out dirt and adds acidity fornheslthy balance, tea calms, tannins in the tea tone the skin and promote healing, and lavendar disinfects gently. I literally brew it up myself before each treatment... takes less than 5 mins, and the result is an all natural organic cleanser that cleans my skin and leaves it fresh with out stripping, drying or peeling. I figured I would include this info for those of you with ultra delicate skin, in case you are having trouble finding somehing that works.

baby quasar

I went with this product because of Baby Quasar's good reputation, because of tjis product's ease of use, and because of the significantly lower price.

Thank you SO much for the info!! I have very similar skin and issues so this was extremely helpful!!

OH MY GOSH, that cleanser sounds amazing, I am totally going to try that! I love lavender! Thank you for this!

You are so welcome! I am a huge believer in natural products, and love the extra benefit of saving money by whipping up my own stuff at home. Regarding the cleanser I wrote about, another great thing is that because it cost nothing to make, and because I make one bstch at a time, I can experiment endlessly until i find what works. This week I am switching from green tea to chamomile as the liquid base, because the green tea was a bit drying.

Love the Chamomile idea, you're brilliant! Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing! Let us know how it goes.