Breast Augmentation Issue, Years Later - Amarillo, TX

I had silicone implants to lift my breasts after...

I had silicone implants to lift my breasts after having three children.. Had them just my normal size.. Have always enjoyed having no sagging.. Still do not..

In the past few months, my right breast has started becoming more firm, no pain, just a firmness I've not had since right after the surgery..

I am seeing a doctor on Thursday and will keep you posted.. Hope this can help others. I have never regretted doing it..

Glad to hear you've enjoyed your implants the past 26 years. That's great! Sorry about the recent hardening. I see from your question posed in the Doctor Q&A, that some of the doctors think it might be CC. Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow. If your implant needs replacing, will you implant again? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf.

I will let you know after my appt. tomorrow. Thank you...

Update after doc visit

I met with Dr. Ben Tittle last Thursday. He said I did have Capular Contracture and that the insurance probably will not pay for the issue.. I'm working on that part. It is not something I have to do immediately, but will be probable in the future as it may change even more. Dr. Tittle was highly recommended and I liked him and his mannerisms.. He knew my doctor in Amarillo that did the original BA.. Nice to look at too... LOL.. Will keep you updated on what I decide to do..

I'm glad it's nothing more serious or painful but I'm sorry to hear you have CC. How long do you think you'll wait until you have a revision? Did you discuss possible future options, such as implant type and size? Thanks for the update!

We are checking to see if my insurance will cover it.. I had another doc tell me if it is not leaking there is another procedure that can be done, less invasive.. I should hear back by early next week and we will discuss further what I will do.. We did talk about implants and he said I would probably be happiest going back with silicone.. Did not talk about size.. I will keep you up to date as I move forward.

Dr. Wilcox

Dr. Wilcox,
Thank you for offering up an alternative to surgery. I so appreciate your honesty.. No one else had mentioned that as an option. I do realize it has to be a good fit for my personal situation.
Thanks again...

Update from Dr Tittle

I am waiting to see if my insurance will cover any of it. It's very costly and I'm not so urge I want to spring for that kind of money.. I'm really debating it, thinking about checking out the alternative that Dr Wilcox spoke of... Surely it would be less costly..

Will you be getting an MRI to determine if it is leaking or is it just CC with no rupture? I suppose the insurance company won't cover an MRI either? Hang in there!

My mammograms show no leakage, so I see no need to do MRI.. I do not like radiation if it is not absolutely necessary..

Makes sense. I agree, the less radiation the better unless it's necessary.

Amarillo Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kelleher was fabulous.. He has since retired, much to my dismay... He was the best in Amarillo at that time. I never had a bit of trouble...