2 Weeks out and Loving It -Altoona, PA

I am two weeks post facelift and lower bleph and I...

I am two weeks post facelift and lower bleph and I am so happy with where I am already. I had an upper bleph done 3 months ago just to start out with something "easier" and I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to see how I heal and to know what to expect. Although I experienced the expected swelling and bruising from the facelift, it was not excessive and I went back to work in 12 days (good make up covers the bruising, and a new hairstyle helped hide the remaining swelling)! That might not be the case for everyone though. I experienced no real pain, only a bit of discomfort. I took the pain meds on a regular basis for 3 days, just so it wouldn't get ahead of me. Then I reduced to night time only for 3 more days. I didn't use anything after that. I did experience a tightness that was a bit disconcerting, but it has eased significantly already. Although sleeping upright was recommended for several days, I find that I still experience morning swelling if I don't sleep in a more upright position. I know I have some healing to do still, but I look great. My confidence is up. I do think it's important for patients to have reasonable expectations. You won't look like you did 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. You'll like like you now, only better. Fresher, more youthful, just a better you. Also, follow the post - op instructions. If you are advised to wear a chin strap, wear it. If you're told to avoid hot showers, avoid them. The medical professionals know how to help you have the best results possible, so follow their instructions, and give yourself time to heal.

Altoona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Robert Louton from Altoona, PA was my surgeon. I found him and his team to be professional, helpful, and skilled.