2 Weeks out and Loving It -Altoona, PA

I am two weeks post facelift and lower bleph and I...

I am two weeks post facelift and lower bleph and I am so happy with where I am already. I had an upper bleph done 3 months ago just to start out with something "easier" and I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to see how I heal and to know what to expect. Although I experienced the expected swelling and bruising from the facelift, it was not excessive and I went back to work in 12 days (good make up covers the bruising, and a new hairstyle helped hide the remaining swelling)! That might not be the case for everyone though. I experienced no real pain, only a bit of discomfort. I took the pain meds on a regular basis for 3 days, just so it wouldn't get ahead of me. Then I reduced to night time only for 3 more days. I didn't use anything after that. I did experience a tightness that was a bit disconcerting, but it has eased significantly already. Although sleeping upright was recommended for several days, I find that I still experience morning swelling if I don't sleep in a more upright position. I know I have some healing to do still, but I look great. My confidence is up. I do think it's important for patients to have reasonable expectations. You won't look like you did 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. You'll like like you now, only better. Fresher, more youthful, just a better you. Also, follow the post - op instructions. If you are advised to wear a chin strap, wear it. If you're told to avoid hot showers, avoid them. The medical professionals know how to help you have the best results possible, so follow their instructions, and give yourself time to heal.

Altoona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Robert Louton from Altoona, PA was my surgeon. I found him and his team to be professional, helpful, and skilled.

HEY,you do look younger and fresh and bright. Fabulous actually. Still lovin the results?
I am glad u had a good result. I did everything u did and u have seen my pics. Guess I just chose the wrong doc
Hey newme62. I had exactly the same surgery 5 days ago. Glad it went so well for you. I agree. I'll never understand why someone would pay for the expertise of a surgeon and then not follow their advice for post operative care. Good luck with your continued recovery.
Hey, the tough part is already over. I am more and more pleased with the results every day and I accept that it will take time for all of the healing to take place. Every day I run into someone who asks me if I've changed my hair, lost weight, etc. They say I look 15 years younger. I'll take that! Good luck with your recovery.
You're right newme62. Every day there's that oh so subtle improvement and quiet healing taking place. I love your candid, and very accurate, description of what to expect after a facelift - not a different you at all, but a younger, fresher version of yourself. That's exactly what I was after. Hang in there fellow readers who may be feeling a bit down. Remember the tortoise and hare. Patience is the secret I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing! What kind of make up did you use for covering the bruising? That's always a big topic of conversation here so would love to get your recommendation.

I also used Garnier's oil free bb cream and some general cover stick. It worked well. A pretty scarf doesn't hurt either!

Thanks for the tips! :)