Be Aware of the Down Side No One Tells You About - Altamonte Springs, FL

Maybe it was my particular Dr. - maybe it's the...

Maybe it was my particular Dr. - maybe it's the procedure itself - all I know is I was in tremendous pain for 10 days. I was fortunate to have a double wide lounge chair in the living room because that is where I had to sleep for the first 10 days. I could not stand the pain when I put my face on my bed pillow. The chair allowed me to sleep w/o having to rest my face on anything. The first night at home was hell. My face was wrapped so tightly I was in agony. They make you go back the very next day to have that bandaged removed Although relieved to be out of the vise, the car ride was awful because of the pain. In all my follow up visits I never saw my Dr. again. I saw some sort of tech who handled all the post op care. (oh, and BTW, they bring you in through a back door in a back room so no one in the waiting room can see you).. .now I know why. If I had seen someone who looked like me post procedure when I was there for a consultaion, I would have run and never looked back. You will be black and blue and swollen - there is no way you will be back to your normal life in a few days like they lead you to believe. It's been 3 years and I still have no feeling along the sides of my face. My ear lobes are now attached to the side of my face making it obvious I had work done. All I can say is I feel like I was duped into believing it would be a breeze - thanks to the way they advertised the procedure. It's not true - they are cutting you and sewing you back together. It's far from a breeze. FAR from a breeze.....Just be aware

I didn't - he was given to me.

Postoperative pain and discomfort are part of surgery. I'm sure you were told that. You just needed more hand-holding than you got. Instead of posting your complaints, you should revisit your doctor and be honest with him or her. They'll do what it takes to get you feeling and looking better. Don't be discouraged. Lifestyle Lift has great doctors.
Thank God for the internet, I heard all I needed to hear, its better to grow older gracefully than to have your ears attached to your face. There are too many women complaining about numbness on the sides of their faces, this is caused by permanent nerve damage. Those before and after pictures on the Lifestyle Lift TV Commercial are all computerized, don't believe them because advertisement is used to market an illusion. Barbara Ricci, Publisher of The Westchester News
I was told that a bed wedge or a recliner to sleep in was essential. I could not have slept in a flat position due to the swelling, but with the pain pills I was able to sleep. A lot! I quit using the pain pills after the fist three or four days, and except for the swelling and bruising, was sloooowly able to get back to a normal routine. Downside was, I could not ride my horse for four weeks after the surgery. Yeah, you are far from presentable for a couple of weeks post surgery -- what would you expect? Sorry you're so down on your experience. Mine was much better. Oh, and I wore the pressure bandage for over a week post-op, then for seven weeks at night. Not a problem if you want good results.
Sorry to hear that your surgery did not goes as promised. This is all too familiar with many of LSL unhappy patients. Since you posted as unhappy, could you tell us if the surgery lasted for you or not. I will 100% agree with you that what is advertised vs what you get is totally out of sync. I do hope that you are doing fine now. Please post back and let us know if the surgery lasted and if not, how long it lasted. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. For anyone considering this procedure, please take the time to go and get a 2nd opinion from an independent Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. They too can do similar surgeries under local anesthesia. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
It's been 3 years since the procedure, so I'm fine. Thank you for asking. When I decided to have it done, I wasn't in drastic need, I just wanted my neck tightened. There is an improvement, but I still, under no circumstance, would I ever have it done again. I applaud you putting your photo out so people can see what they will "really" look like right after the procedure. My photos are about 2 days afterward - I only wish I had my 'day of' picture. People need to know the truth before they make a decision. Thanks.. Carol
Hey CAPowrs, believe it or not, they made me wear that silly wrap for 5 days if I remember right. Totally Gross, and I too had problems. I see Latania is trying to contact you... Funny, they never did contact me, although I called them repeatedly due to my problems. I am glad that you survived the LSL and still have some improvement. Not me though, I had to PAY out of my own pocket to have the LSL redone by a different surgeon. I want to gouge my own eyes out every time one of their commercials comes on TV. I had such an awful experience I still get goosebumps every time I think about it. Glad you came out OK. Best, Chrystal.
No thanks. Too little too late. I want to forget the nightmare. Nothing can change what happened.
HI capowrs. I’m Latania from Lifestyle Lift‘s Patient Relations Group. Please contact me at (866) 739-2387 so that we can discuss your individual concerns.