Almost 7 Years Later and I Love It

It's been 7 years since I had my blepharoplasty...

It's been 7 years since I had my blepharoplasty and my eyes still look better than they did before the surgery. I may soon need a minor procedure for reappearance of a small "bag" under one eye, but overall I'm thrilled. One small issue - my surgeon did not ask about any problems with dryness of the eyes and I had a terrible reaction to the "cups" they placed in my eyes during the procedure. My eyes were raw, completely red and felt "burned" for 3 days. That was the only pain that I experienced from the surgery. In hindsight, I wish the surgeon suggested some type of eye lubricant prior to the procedure. If you have dry eyes, please make sure to ask your doctor about this. After the surgery, I had one small cyst that appeared in the outside corner of my eye (almost like a small pimple). The surgeon removed that in an office visit about 6 months after the procedure. There is a small scar from that. Also, my left eye is not symmetrical. There is a small indentation above my eyelid crease that I notice when the lighting is a certain way. I don’t know if that can be corrected but it’s very subtle. Overall, I’m thrilled with the procedure and would definitely do it again. By the way, this is not the place to “pinch pennies”. Find the best doctor that you can and ask a lot of questions.