Mommy Makeover in Shreveport Louisiana

My mommy makeover is scheduled for October 7th...

My mommy makeover is scheduled for October 7th 2013 and I am super excited! I will be going to the Wall Center in Shreveport and having a breast lift and augmentation as well as tummy tuck with liposuction. Dr. Holley Wall was very professional at my consultation and I felt comfortable with her immediately. The total cost was a bit of a shock, but I was able to go to a local bank and take out a loan for the full amount.
I am a married 32 year old female with 2 sweet boys ages 7 and 2. My current weight is 148 and I am hoping to lose 10-15lbs before my surgery. I will go in for another consultation if I can accomplish this so that she can re-measure.

Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf and good luck losing those last few pounds. You can do it!

Here's a list of supplies you might find helpful for recovery.

Please keep us posted as your big day nears!

Any idea why it's showing Dr. Wall in Alma Center WI? My Dr. Is in Shreveport Louisiana. Not a big deal, but wanted to make sure it was accurate :) Thanks!
Hey Girl! You're coming to my home town for your MM! All of the Doctors Wall are amazing, especially Dr Holley! That sure is a long way for you to travel, but it will be so worth it for you! Good luck! I can't wait to see your progress!

Before pictures

I'm still a ways out from Surgery, (not until Oct 7) but thought I would go ahead and get some before pictures added. My goal is to lose 10 lbs before surgery but I'm struggling right now. I'll do really good, and go to the gym 5-6 days a week and then like this week it's been pizza, and lunch brought in for work, and back to school lunch treats, and NO gym! MUST do better! I'm paying this much for a new body I really need to get into a healthy lifestyle that I will keep. I really want my boys eat better too (hubby included!) but it's really hard for him since he's out if town so much :( Current weight bounces from 145-150. I would really like to get to a steady 135, if not 130. Our 10 year anniversary is next year and we are going to the Bahamas. REALLY hoping for a super low scar so I can rock a hot bikini for my man! :) I will be 8 months post op by then so hopefully I will be well on the road to recovery!

They are good, but they are overpriced. That is ridiculous. That's what I would expect the top surgeons in New York or California to charge.
While it was a shock at first, I believe you get what you pay for lol. I did my research and every person I asked recommended the Wall Center. There is only one other dr. whose name was brought up but the friends who used him had breast aug only. I checked backgrounds and could not find any complaints from anyone that used them so that gave me piece of mind. The fee also included an overnight stay in their guest suite so there will be round the clock watch and care for me for at least 24 hours. There is medicine they will be injecting directly into my muscle that will keep my tummy numb for 3 days. They also send you home with a machine for your legs to help prevent blood clots. All in all I am very pleased with my decision and cannot wait for my turn! :)

2 days post op

Coughing might be what kills me! Omg!! Yesterday it was the boobs that were killing me but today it's my tummy. Even though my muscles were injected with exparel the incision is a little sore but coughing I feel like I am ripping open my insides. I've had no trouble sleeping and am not draining a whole lot. Yesterday hubby had to walk behind me with a swifter because of all the nastiness coming out of my lipo sites. He has been an amazing nurse! Got to sneek a peek at boobs and tummy and they both look great! Tummy is super low. I'll try to post the pics In a little bit.

Good luck on your journey!

Day after surgery pictures

Full tummy tuck and she added 380 CC's to make me a full D. Love how low the scar is!

Wow girl, look at you! You look incredible already!
You look awesome already!
Thank you so much!!! :)

Pics from 5 days post op

Loving my results! Forgot to mention some things about surgery with Dr. Holly Wall. She is AMAZING! We stayed overnight in a guest suite. Hubby got to stay there while I was in surgery and the nurse called him every hour with an update. We stayed overnight and had a fully stocked room with juices, Gatorade, water, crackers, oatmeal, you name it. I was released the next day and sent home with a machine to massage my legs to help prevent blood clots. The office called the next day to check on my and make sure everything was going ok. My drains haven't been over 25 CC's but my post op appt isn't till Tuesday so I won't get one out till then. They never take both out at the same time and the second one has to put out less than 25 in a 48 hr period before it will come out. I know these things are necessary but boy are they annoying! Hubby has been so wonderful. I was thinking he would be able to go back to work by the 4th day but I was way wrong. I'm doing great but no way I could take care of our 2 and 7 year old by myself! He's been doing all the cooking and cleaning and we even had a get together today to watch some LSU football. I have only been taking 1 pain pill a day and that's just at bed time so I can relax. I thought I would have gained weight with the swelling and fluid after surgery but I've already lost 2 lbs! I can't wait to see how this healing progresses!! So happy I did this!!

you look better than most amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!! I actually had one drain removed this afternoon and I feel like a million bucks! The next one comes out on Thurs and then I can move on to spanx!! Never thought I would be so excited about spanx! Lol
Thank you all so much! Can't wait to see the finished product! happy healing to us all!!! :)

Tubes are out!!!

I am 11 days post op and hubby got to take out the final tube today! I'm a so excited!!! I feel like a million bucks! Still not walking completely straight but closer every day. I get to switch from this foam binder thing to spanx today so we are about to head to the mall. Somehow I've lost 5 lbs and I hope I'm not jinxing anything! I haven't been eating the healthiest (thanks hubby! Lol) but my portions are def smaller. Praying I don't blow up like a marshmallow now that the drains are out!

Looking good girl

Swelling

So I was feeling great, moved into spanx and was high on life this morning. Tried on a couple of outfits at Dillard's and even a pair of Miss Me jeans and was so excited!!! Then I went home and tried on all my jeans and BAM!!! Hello reality. None fit! My butt and hips are so swollen from the lipo that I couldn't even get my favorite ones that I wore the Friday before surgery on! Granted-I washed them and they are always snug afte that but geez!!!! What a downer!! Oh well....I know swelling can take months to go away so for now I will wear dresses and focus on my flat tummy and perky boobs lol! ;)

11 days-no drains!

When you are feeling better, can you please explain to me how you got your loan. Thank you
You look awesome!!!
Amazing! Wow congrats on the beautiful outcome!

2 weeks and back to work

Feeling great! Still not quite walking upright, especially after sitting a while, but better every day! My back is a little sore, and I still prefer my recliner to sleep in over my bed, but other than that-no complaints here!

You look great! How was it back to work?c I will be going back to work 20 days post op and am scared. I have a 1/2 mile walk in and out, that is the biggest concern for me at this point. May I ask what you do?
It was great! But the again I have a desk job in an office. Walking 1/2 a mile might be a little rough. I'm still walking a little slow and hunched but at 20 days you may be good as new! The worst part was laughing. My coworkers are hilarious and it still hurts to laugh! ;)
Nothing out of the ordinary. Went into a local bank, did the paperwork, provided pay stubs and showed them the estimate from my Dr. And they approved and cut the check! Easy peasy! :)

2 weeks

Lol, my coworkers are pretty hilarious too :) I also work 10 hour days and have a 3 hour/day commute. The more I read, the less confident I am that I will be back to work in 3 weeks.

Just for Fun

I know it's early and there is still swelling (still not able to fit in my fav jeans that I wore the Friday before surgery) but I thought what the heck! Tried on my old bikinis! Blue is from out honeymoon almost 10 years ago! I'm happy happy happy and can't imagine it getting progressively better!!

Scar

The tape was starting to come off and curiosity got the best of me so I pulled it all off. I hope that is ok! I go back to the Dr. Tomorrow so I guess she will re tape if need be. I can't believe how thin and straight it is! Dr. Wall is a true artist. I continue to be amazed with her work!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Oops! Here is the scar picture

Your healing amazingly! Looks great!
Hi there hot mom :-). Super low scar. Don't want to jinx anything for you. Happy healing!

3 weeks

3 weeks and feeling great! Last week was great to be back at work and back in a routine. Love sleeping back in my bed but I am oh so sore when I get up! The swelling hasn't been TOO too terrible, but that could be because I had prepared myself for the absolute worst. I still can't fit in my fav jeans even though I'm down like 6 lbs from pre surgery. I am a lover of spanx although after wearing them 24/7 I'm ready to burn them! I know they are on for a purpose but man are they a pain!! My incisions are all healing great and I have no pain unless I move the wrong way. I'm still restricted on lifting over 10 lbs even though I think it would be ok, but not taking any chances!!

I love your outcome. Kudos to your surgeon. She did a good job.
Thank you!!! Although at the moment I am dealing with an opening of my incision right under my right boob where she did the "stick" of the lollipop scar. She said not to worry and that it's normal and to treat with bactidine (?). It hurts but hopefully it will close up soon!!!

4 weeks

Other than a little under the boob issue everything is healing great! Still taking all my vitamins and have been sleeping on my side. I haven't been working out yet, and still not lifting over 10 lbs but other than that pretty much back to normal. I've lost about 5-7 lbs since pre surgery and even though I still have swelling by evening I guess that's all I'm going to lose. I really want to get in the 130's but I guess I will wait till I get the ok to work out to start worrying about that. Not like I have been watching my diet AT all though. :( I paid way to much to let the new me go!!! Lol!

You look so good! Look at that tiny waist :)
Thanks!!! It's making my butt look big now! Lol ;)
Wow! You look great!

5 weeks 1 day

Feeling great! Can't wait to get the ok to go back to the gym and tone my butt and legs!!! I just finished an antibiotic for the open spots under my boob and they seem to be back to healing nicely!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

From hubby's point of view lol

You look sooo great! I'm nearly 2 weeks post op and longing for a shower and no drains and a switch from these blasted binders! But I feel good and off meds but for some Advil so I'm praising!!! Seriously you look awesome!
Without the drains makes all the difference in the WORLD!!! I think I switched to spanx and out of the binder as soon as both drains were removed! That is great you are off the meds too!! The sooner the better! I didn't need them near as much as I thought I would either. I think I only took one sleeping pill too. Another waste of money but sure enough had I NOT had them I probably would have needed them ;) happy healing!!!
Your results are amazing!

6 weeks

Not really noticing as much week to week these days but that's ok. Can't wait to get back in the gym! My eating habits have been terrible :( I cannot waste what I went thru on fried food and sugar ugh!!! Just say NO LOL!!

How was the day with no compression? How do you feel? Looking good lady!
Good morning! I feel great! Going without any compression went way better than expected! I was counting on my pants getting really tight and looking 6 months preggo by the end of the day but it really wasn't bad at all! My pants were still loose and the swelling was minimal! At my 6 week check up I got the green light to wear whatever bra I wanted so I went on a shopping spree at VS lol. That girl tried to put me in a 32 C! I was like um.....I was a 36 C before surgery....she said oh really? We'll try this on and we will go from there. So I did, and it was ridiculous, and I left with 2 36 DD bras that I LOVE! ;) How are you feeling??
Your results are very nice! Your scars on the breasts are incredible.

Scar

I still can't believe this scar!! How do you even DO that??? I was preparing myself for thick and kind of jagged because I'm mean hey, they are slicing us open and sewing us back together! Never did I imagine such a straight smooth thin scar!

AMAZING!!! your stomach is crazy flat!!! You look great! hope youre feeling well too!
Thanks! I'm almost 2 weeks behind in updating and swelling is worse this week than ever! By the end of the day I have a preggo pouch :( I know it's temporary but man it sucks! Lol! Other than that I am feeling awesome!
I know, what I thought was swelling a few weeks ago is nothing compared to this week! Yikes! Hang in there!!! We are all in the same boat!

10 weeks!

It doesn't feel like I had major surgery 2 1/2 months ago! I am 100% back to normal! I've been slowly returning to the gym and swelling has it's days. Some days worse than others, but tummy is still flat! I am currently weighing 148 which I'm not happy about but I am only on day 1 of Aunt Flo so I'm going to blame it on that. Really want to get in the 130's even if it's a steady 139 lol! I'm 5'4 and my boobs went from a saggy 36c in a super padded VS bra to a pad less 36 DD. Super happy!!! My tummy scar is low enough that all my low cut undies hide it AND it's super thin. Can't wait to start some scar cream! Hope everyone is healing well and has a Very Merry Christmas!!

You are looking so slim. And your scar is perfection :-)
Thank you! Gotta work on the thighs and booty now lol!
You look great!! So glad your feeling so good!

Feeling great!

I go in for my 3 month check up on Thursday and can't wait to see the official before and after photos!

Amazing transformation! I bet it must feel incredible to have your body back!
Thank you!! It really does! I don't even care about the tt scar, I am ready to get in a bikini!! Lol
wow! you look amazing! so happy you love your results and you're pretty much back to normal with your routine - we'd love to see the official 3 month before and after photos as well~ thanks for sharing your story with us.

6 months

I saved your scar as my wish-scar!!!! hahahah!
Haha! Love it! :) I'm going to add my one year pictures next week. It's fading nicely!!
You look awesome, tummy scar is so low and thin and your boobs look very natural! Congrats!
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

I was very pleased with Dr. Wall and all the staff at The Wall center. The employees were very friendly and Dr. Wall was super nice and very professional. She answered all our questions and I was immediately excited to schedule my surgery! Updated: Dr. Wall and her staff have completely exceeded all of my expectations. From quality of her work, to bedside manner, to staff, to follow up care....all of it. Better than I ever could have imagined. She is worth every penny, and I would have paid double had I known how great the outcome would be. I will absolutely recommend her to anyone considering surgery. Happy is an understatement!