Pleased - Allentown, PA

I am 22 years old and I wanted a reduction since I...

I am 22 years old and I wanted a reduction since I was in high school. Over the past couple of years, my bust continued to increase; I was wearing a 34 DDD bra. I stand 5'4 and weigh 130lbs. I was very uncomfortable and sometimes would be depressed about my size.

Long story short, I jumped at the opportunity to have a reduction when my insurance company covered all costs. I had my surgery 2 days ago and I've never felt better! I needed to stay overnight because I had two drains placed that were removed the following day. Pain level was about a "5" out of "10", without meds. When I was given oral pain meds, my pain dropped to "1" on a scale of "1-10". Today I was able to shower, but I found I was still on the weak side to do it myself. I would recommend someone else helping you, especially washing your hair. Today was the first time I actually seen my incisions; I couldn't be any more pleased with the results. My surgeon did a beautiful job, confirming I had made the right decision. The surgical bra I am wearing is comfortable, but I do have a gauze pad on my nipple because I didn't like it touching the fabric of the bra just yet. I have not lost feeling around my nipple either. I have been weaning off my pain meds because the pain I have is manageable without a narcotic. The pain to me is also like a pulling, instead of a throbbing pain.

One con of this surgery was the nausea that followed in the recovery room. I vomited 4 times before the nurse gave a motion sickness patch that goes behind my ear. Since that was placed, I felt much better.

Other than that, I feel so much better! All of my shirts are big one now and no words can describe my happiness. When all is said and done, I will be wearing a small 34 B. I recommend this procedure to anyone who feels uncomfortable with themselves.

I didn't rate payment because insurance did cover 100% of the costs minus my deductible. However, I did have to wait 6 full weeks until I was approved for surgery, which was a negative aspect of this process. Nonetheless, I was approved and met with my surgeon 5 days later. I did not reveal his name for privacy. He did a wonderful job and shows deep interest for what he is doing. I read blogs online about him which made me more comfortable with my decision. My surgery was on a Tuesday, which was a "non-surgery" day for him, and he still rearranged his schedule for me. I was told by numerous nurses and residents that I came to the right doctor; they also told me if any of them needed work done, they'd go to my surgeon. I have nothing but positive comments for my doctor and his team.

Where did you go? I would like to get it done and hopefully have my insurance company pay..

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for posting your journey.  It sounds like you are doing very well and are happy with your results.  That's wonderful!

Keep us up to date on how you are coming along.