Pleased - Allentown, PA

I am 22 years old and I wanted a reduction since I...

I am 22 years old and I wanted a reduction since I was in high school. Over the past couple of years, my bust continued to increase; I was wearing a 34 DDD bra. I stand 5'4 and weigh 130lbs. I was very uncomfortable and sometimes would be depressed about my size.

Long story short, I jumped at the opportunity to have a reduction when my insurance company covered all costs. I had my surgery 2 days ago and I've never felt better! I needed to stay overnight because I had two drains placed that were removed the following day. Pain level was about a "5" out of "10", without meds. When I was given oral pain meds, my pain dropped to "1" on a scale of "1-10". Today I was able to shower, but I found I was still on the weak side to do it myself. I would recommend someone else helping you, especially washing your hair. Today was the first time I actually seen my incisions; I couldn't be any more pleased with the results. My surgeon did a beautiful job, confirming I had made the right decision. The surgical bra I am wearing is comfortable, but I do have a gauze pad on my nipple because I didn't like it touching the fabric of the bra just yet. I have not lost feeling around my nipple either. I have been weaning off my pain meds because the pain I have is manageable without a narcotic. The pain to me is also like a pulling, instead of a throbbing pain.

One con of this surgery was the nausea that followed in the recovery room. I vomited 4 times before the nurse gave a motion sickness patch that goes behind my ear. Since that was placed, I felt much better.

Other than that, I feel so much better! All of my shirts are big one now and no words can describe my happiness. When all is said and done, I will be wearing a small 34 B. I recommend this procedure to anyone who feels uncomfortable with themselves.

also, how much of the costs did you have to cover? i live in pennsylvania as well and i am just super anxious about this whole process. need it done so bad.
What insurance do you have?? your stats are almost exactly the same as mine but i am really scared i wont get approved :(
Where did you go? I would like to get it done and hopefully have my insurance company pay..

I didn't rate payment because insurance did cover 100% of the costs minus my deductible. However, I did have to wait 6 full weeks until I was approved for surgery, which was a negative aspect of this process. Nonetheless, I was approved and met with my surgeon 5 days later. I did not reveal his name for privacy. He did a wonderful job and shows deep interest for what he is doing. I read blogs online about him which made me more comfortable with my decision. My surgery was on a Tuesday, which was a "non-surgery" day for him, and he still rearranged his schedule for me. I was told by numerous nurses and residents that I came to the right doctor; they also told me if any of them needed work done, they'd go to my surgeon. I have nothing but positive comments for my doctor and his team.