Feeling Like a Whale! Day 7 - Aliso Viejo, CA

I am very uncomfortable/swollen/bloated! I feel...

I am very uncomfortable/swollen/bloated! I feel like I am bigger all over... I wish I would have known about this part --- It's brutal! Reviewing some of the other experiences about not getting results is also a bit discouraging.

I did take a road trip and was in the car for 12+ hours on day 4-5. Maybe that intensified the swelled.

Am I being impatient? I was told that 1 liter of fat was removed.... I was about 20 lbs from my ideal weight and have the body type that basically gains weight evenly all over although I am more of an hourglass so maybe the excess swelling in my abdominal is exagerated??? I hope it gets better!!! :(

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

How are you doing now it's been another few days since your procedure? I hope you're starting to feel better. I've read that the swelling can last for a couple of weeks, but hopefully yours will go away soon.

Please do keep us updated with your progress! We'd love to see some photos, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing.

Hi Kristy, My 2 week mark was Sunday and I woke up feeling much less swollen and bloated. My lower abdominal area still seems like it has quite a bit of fat - hopefully that is swelling. Overall I think that I am closer to where I want to be and I've been told that the immediate results may take up to 6 weeks. and the skin tghtening results are seen in 3-6 months post procedure. Now that I am through the worst of the swelling I really do think SMARTLIPO is a great procedure for the cost and the down time. I dont have pictures - the physician has them. I will go in for my two week visit tomorrow. Maybe I can get the before and afters then.

Hi there, thanks for the update. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better and the swelling/bloating is going down. Hopefully in another few weeks you'll really start to see your results coming through.

Good look with your follow-up, I hope it goes well. Do come back and let us know how it went!

Word of mouth