Towards my 3rd Day with Invisalign~ Painful - Alhambra, CA

I have been wearing my very first tray for 3 days...

I have been wearing my very first tray for 3 days and is painful. I have no mood to eat but i feel hungry all the time. I was always a happy person but I find out I have bad temper moments after I have the tray on. Maybe because I could not eat well and sleep well with it. I am planning to have baby and I asked my dentist if Invisalign would cause me to loose appetite, but the dentist said no and it's ok. I'm regret now because of the pain made me have no mood to eat. I recommend ladies who are planning to get pregnant not to start this treatment until after delivery of your baby.

I'm so sorry you are going through this difficult time while being pregnant!  It doesn't generally stay so painful for long.  I don't know if being pregnant can affect how you feel pain.  Are you allowed to take over the counter pain medication? (Like ibuprophen or acetominophen?)

Though most find Invisalign uncomfortable rather than painful, you are not alone.  Many people have commented on this review to talk about their pain.  But some come back to say the pain recedes.  Fuschia, for example, had a lot of pain the first week, but it got better (if you read her comments section).

Good luck to you.  Please keep us posted!
Dr Ho