Unexpected. Not Invisible - Alhambra, CA

I thought it was suppose to be basically invisible...

I thought it was suppose to be basically invisible. It's not! During consultation, I was under the impression that it will be very easy and people won't even notice it. I thought they will be like retainers. But boy was I in for surprise! I ended up with 14 attachments and 4 bottoms. All very visible. I was told my speech impediment will go away. It's been 4 months and it's still hard for me to talk. There are times I wish I got regular braces (which I've had in the pass).

Mine are pretty invisible and my attachments are on my molars and canine teeth. I also feel that my Invisalign make my teeth appear whiter. Maybe it is just me though. A lot of people do not notice mine, but than again my attachments are not in the front of my teeth. What are they doing to your teeth by the way?
They mentioned "14 attachments" and I had a description of what they would look like but was reassured that they will not be visible. I didn't picture it like this. I don't think people notice it right away. Some do ask if I have retainers on. Do you also have rubberbands? Those bother me the most! I have a total of 21 trays, I'm on my 8th tray right now. Almost half way there! They seem to be working too. So I'm glad all this is worth something :-)
Ahh, sorry for never replying back! Sadly, I do have rubberbands now! I do not like them, and I was looking at my current tray and it looks like I am getting new attachments when I go in on the 18th. I am on tray 11 now. You should update pictures. I know I need to.
Hey Alaskan Sheep! So i just went in to get my new set of trays and my dentist said we can remove the rubberbands now. Since they have moved to the max and now it is all up to the liners! I am so excited. I hate how they look. He also told me that the last 3 are "optional". Meaning they always just add 3 extra trays in case your teeth isn't moving according to plan. So i just put on tray 15th last night and I should only have 3 more to do. (i hope!). By the way, how many total trays do you have?

Some providers unfortunately play down the visible nature of attachments, which is why it is important to do independent research. More often than not, Invisalign isn't invisible (it would be difficult for plastic trays to move your teeth without a little help). However, sometimes the amount of attachments you end up needing are more than your provider initially thought (like in my case!), which makes disappointment possible. But it will be worth it in the end, and your teeth are already looking fantastic! How long do you have?

I'm only a week into my treatment and I have almost the same amount of attachments as you at the moment (I'm missing one on my second big tooth but will get that later, meaning I have attachments on all my visible front teeth. I'm looking forward to it actually, as it looks odd with one tooth missing an attachment). Honestly, despite it being visible, it is SO much better than metal braces and far less visible than them. I was very self conscious at first but I notice it more than other people do, and I'm sure that's the case with yours too.

I can definitely understand why you would be disappointed if you felt like you received something other than what you were told would be. From your pictures the front attachments look very similar to braces. They don't look bad, but I agree that yours are noticeable.  Do you mind me asking if you went to a general dentist or an orthodontist?