Took a Chance - Alexandria, VA

I decided to take a chance on smart lipo. I had...

I decided to take a chance on smart lipo. I had been googling and youtubing for many months. I am 40 years old and weigh 175 pounds. Not as many reviews from other men but I found as many as I could. I went to American Lipo Center in Alexandria. Their staff was fantastic and Dr. Segev was pretty cool. My procedure was today. I had the upper, lower, and love handles done. The numbing parts were not too bad. When he used the laser to melt the felt, I could feel a little pressure, but not too much. Whenever he hit a spot that caused any discomfort, he would numb the area a little more and continue on. He also had me to stand up at different angles so that he could make adjustments. he was llike an artist. His assistant was there to make sure I was comfortable as well. She said he removed six pounds of fat. The binder and girdle takes some getting used too. He made six incisions, so I have some draining. One of the incisions is draining a lot. So I doubled up on the pad on that one. I am taking my pain meds on time because the pain can be rough but tolerable. It feels like I just did a thousand sit-ups literally. Bending over is out of the question. If you need to reach something floor level you will have to squat very slowly. I could see some results already especially my love handles and upper abs. Dr. Segev said he could not get my lower abs completely flat even though he removed all the fat down there, but that I would still be satisfied with the results. There is some swelling but I have been taking bromelain for the last three days, so I'm hoping it helps. I started taking arnica today as well to prepare for any bruising. I will try to keep this log updated and post some pics if I can.

Day 1 Post Op.

The binder and girdle really took a toll on me last night. I felt like one of the WWE wrestlers had me in a bear hug all night. I woke up several times due to this discomfort. Which was good because I could then change my pads because I was still really draining. But my draining has stopped this morning. Wheewwww what a relief. I removed the girdle and binder to take a shower and wow I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only did my love handles and upper abs look really slimmer, but my lower abs looked better than I thought they would.WOW. And I still have some swelling. Can't wait to see the end result. The soreness is tolerable but not desired. But no pain no gain. Will be glad when I can get back into the gym. Doctor Segev said to abdominal or thigh training for about 4 weeks. But he said I could do upper body workouts in about a week. I guess with the swelling, every meal I eat makes my belly look extra full. But when it goes back down, man does it look good.

Day 8 Post Op.

Its been 8 days since my surgery. Swelling has really kicked in at times. Ive been wearing my garment all days and my binder as well. The pain has diminished greatly but the swelling caused much sensitivity and tightness. I have a lymphatic drainage massage scheduled for next week. And a follow up with Dr. Segev the following week.

Day 16 Post Op.

Swelling is getting a bit better. I had a lymphatic massage 2 days ago and it helped abit with the swelling. Main concern now is the hardness around my belly button but hopefully that will soften up and go away time.

5 weeks post op.

Its now 5 weeks since my surgery and the swelling is really going away fast. The hard areas are really softening up and smoothing out very well too. I am really pleased with the results so far. Very pleased. I am still wearing my garment all day and my binder at night.1 more week and no more garment. Yesssss. Dr. Segev really did a great job. The rest is up to me. Eating right and getting back in the gym is helping too.
Dr. Segev