Nervous!! - Albuquerque, NM

24 years old mommy of two kids 5 and 2. I was...

24 years old mommy of two kids 5 and 2. I was always small never heavy or overweight had my son and he was 10 pounds he totally stretched out my stomach! After all these years I have have decided to have the surgery. Its something that has botherd me since than. I know I'm thin I just dont feel thin. Hopefully after this I will start feeling better about myself

Brett Baak

Good afternoon Alb2011,
I got my surgery on 4/8/11. Just wondering how you feel about it now after 4 months. I have a vacation planned in late July and I hope I am 100% by then. Let me know how your feeling now. Also Who was your doc?
ALb2011,

Don't let the out of commission get to you or stress you out. Your husband is fully capable and will enjoy caring for your children. I had the same concern but just came to the realization that it is only a couple of weeks really that you are fully out of commission. After that the kids don't really notice because you are up and around. I am 3 weeks PO and at week 3 am driving my kids to school and grocery shopping. You will do fine.. Just try to clear any negative energy out of your mind. Just imagine the end result, you have to literally think 3-6 mo down the road to the final result, it will be so rewarding..One day at a time..Good Luck to you!!
Thnak you! Price is wrong should be $6,000.00. The closer it is the more anxious I am getting. I defintley have enough help. My husband will be off and taking care of me the 1st week than my mom the 2nd week. I'm starting to feel guilty about being out of comission, I hate the thought of not being able to take care of my kids

Fixed. $6,000 is much better than $60,000. :)

Sounds like you are all set in the help department :)  This is a temporary and short term thing and you will be taking care of your kids again before you know it.  They will be absolutely fine for a couple of weeks.  Kids are pretty darn resilient.

That motherly guilt always kicks in when we do something for ourselves.  You deserve this and will be even a better mom when you get your mo jo back.

Welcome to RealSelf!

You will feel like a totally new woman after the surgery.  This will give you the best self image pick up ever.  Those babies are a killer on the body!

Just make sure you have plenty of help after the surgery because you will need it.  Not only for you but also the kids.   Pretty much don't try to or expect to do anything for the first two weeks.

I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your pictures.  Keep us up to date:)
Did you put the right price spent for this
Yea the date is set for the 28th of this month, so the nerves have definetly kicked in!!

It's absolutely normal to be nervous. I think more than half the tummy tuck reviews I read on RealSelf have the word Nervous in the headline!

One thing you want to be sure about, is that you're done having children before you go ahead with abdominoplasty. Having more children later can ruin the tummy tuck results.

Ten pound babies can really do a number on your abs! Do you have a surgery date set?

In the meantime, check out Kimmers' Tummy Tuck Survival Guide. It'll give you a lot of good information and a few laughs, too.