A Lot of Pain and Misrepresentation - Albuquerque, NM

The initial consultation said the area I wanted...

The initial consultation said the area I wanted treated could be completely covered in one two-hour session. (Four placements of the device.)This was an area approximately 12" wide by 5" high. Upon completion of the two hours I was told they didn't do the area around my navel, my main area of concern, and I would need to come back for another two-hour session. The area around my navel is now more prominent. I was bright purple and extremely sore and bruised for 10 days. I am 5'-6" and 133 pounds. My letter to the provider has been ignored.
I don't understand your post? What's your complaint? They said you need 4 sessions & only have done 2 & they want you to come back.
4 sessions = 4 hours.
At the initial consultation they told me the entire area I wanted done, which was not a large area, would be completely covered in 1 two hour treatment. One visit would cover it. They worked around the area I wanted done and told me after the treatment was completed that they hadn't done the area I requested. I would need to book another 2-hour treatment at additional expense.

ABQ Update - 1 year post procedure

After 1 year and two letters to the spa regarding my dissatisfaction, the director has contacted me. We have met and discussed my concerns and their treatment protocol. New photos were taken. They have graciously offered a free treatment to the navel area (3 hours), my original area of requested treatment. I am scheduled for March 17. They also suggested I take advantage of the pain med prescription for the discomfort and intermittent nerve pain. I think I will this time. I am not looking forward to this! The treatment is fine. It's the recovery that is a problem. The 1 year post procedure photos did show more fat reduction than I thought had happened.

ABQ Update - 2nd treatment - Things are looking better

Had my second treatment yesterday, 3/17/14. This was to the area around my navel as I had initially requested. I am stuffed into my Spanx like a sausage today. However, the tight wrapping does seem to make the discomfort less. This was a painful treatment. Not sure if it was the area or just me. The initial placement sucked up so much it brought tears to my eyes and made my toes curl. Literally. After about 5 minutes the pain lessened until it was gone after 10 minutes. The post-kneading of the frozen fat wasn't much fun either. I am swollen and starting to discolor, as expected. Took the pain meds as prescribed last night. Not sure if I needed them but I sure slept well. This technician was a lot more verbal about what she was doing and gave me more confidence in the treatment. I have updated my Review.
The Spa @ Western Dermatology Consultants

Did not provide service as agreed. When I told the technician I was unhappy and why, her response was sorry but I could come back for another treatment. My questions were answered up front but they failed to deliver proper treatment. (Update 3/17/14) - I am a lot happier now with the treatment process. The area I wanted treated has now been addressed.