Implant Removal After 8 years

I got my implants in 2005. A few mouths after I...

I got my implants in 2005. A few mouths after I got pregnant. Luckily my boobs bounced back but ever since I have had chronic headaches, shoulder and neck tension everyday. I tried chiropractor, massage, acupuncture, pain medications, muscle relaxers I even removed my IUD. I was happy with my body before implants but since everyone else was getting them I wanted them too. I was young. After implants I couldn't wear all the cute little shirts I use to wear because they didn't look right. Evertime I lifted my boobs up I felt relief in my back. I am a tall girl with a small bone structure so any added weight causes my pain. I can't believe I went so many years with all that pain. Recently I got to the point where I couldn't exercise anyone without getting a headache, shortness of breathe and weak. I stopped working out a few months ago and got really depressed. The headaches have affected my performance in school and my energy levels. it really amazes me to see how much I got through with all the pain. I asked professionals if they thought it was the implants but they all said no. As a last resort I got them removed this morning and I cannot wait to start the healing process. I am excited to have my natural breasts back.

Day 3 post op

Hello so today I had a bad day. I thought it would be ok to wear a sports bra instead of the ace band and the doctor was not happy with that AT ALL. He said I have fluid building up because I did not wear the ace this morning or last night for that matter. I feel like I am gaining weight. I really do not like the way my saggy little boobs look. I wish I had never got the implants to begin with I could have avoided a lot of trouble. I asked the girl at my doctors office if my boobs will stay like this and she said yes, but when I look at all the photos on the site it looks like everyone bounces back to normal. I can't wait to at least get to the point where I don't have to wear the ace band and I can wear a push up bra. Meanwhile im on a strict diet now that my stomach is once again competing with my boobs. :-(((( Today was not the best day but could have been worse.

Four days post op

Sorry I don't have pictures up my daughter took some pics that I need to upload to my laptop. Any ways I have been required tall tightly in my ace. I wore a loose sure with a bra over the ace band. when I got home my mom wanted to take a look because it felt kind of weird on the upper part of my boobs. she said that they look a lot better than they did after surgery and I must admit they do feel a little fuller.I have been freaked out about getting a seroma ever since my doctor made that comment when I was not wearing my ace band. I know things will get better I'm trying to focus on eating a healthier diet and waiting until like where normal bras and exercise again. here is a pic of my implants.

Sorry about my typos in the last post it is a real bummer writing post with my phone.

:-)

pictures!

Hi I went to the doctors office to see the nurse to make sure that there is no fluid build up. Everything was fine. Incision sites are starting to itch. I have been wearing one of my old bras over my ace band so i don't look weird in shirts. I had to go back to work two days after surgery. I have been
Feeling better and trying not to look at my boobs to much. Here are some photos. I have better ones but I'll post when I have more time. I did notice that I always had to have caffeine and I have not needed any at all. I did have a horrible headache yesterday but I was better today until the evening I am experiencing pain from the surgery, itching, tenderness, soreness I just took some ibuprofen. I try not to take any of the pain medication the doctor prescribed me unless I absolutely have to. since I'm limited with exercises really trying to eat healthy and drink lots of water.

question

when I take my ace bandage off to put lotion on to help with the itching I hear little noises and its kind of squishy. I did have it checked out at the doctors office. They both look the same size. I was just wondering if anyone else experience is this?

never mind.

Never mind the last question. It went away.

I am glad it went away! I have been too scared to massage with the swelling and burning sensations. I wonder if massage might make the swelling get better? How are you doing today??
Doing well. I kinda wonder if I broke down Monday from coming of all those pain meds over the weekend. I feel fine ready to jump back into my routine. I was kind of bummed wearing this band all the time but I've been putting my old brought over it so my shirts look normal and it really helped me to feel better. Sorry to hear about your swelling in your burning sensations what is your Dr say about it?
How are you feeling today?
hi thank you for checking up on me I am doing better I've actually been wearing one of my old bras over my ace band so that when I wear my shirt I don't look completely flat.they took off the stickers that were over my incision they use the dissolvable stitches.the incisions look pretty clean and they said that there wasn't any fluid buildup.I'm probably going to have to wear this tight ace band for the next month or two but whatever it takes for my health.how are you doing?
Blegh.....drained again today:-( It's okay and to be expected. Chin up and all that jazz. So glad you are doing good :-)
Bummer:-( do you know how long it will be until you don't have to be drained anymore?
Hey you! I totally missed the sexy little skirts too! It was like too much over the topto have big boobs and show some leg. You'll be back to those skirts and cute outfits soon. I'm struggling with it too. Check out the cute bras at BOUNCE the Titlenine online bra shop :-)
True legs are my best asset lol. Can't wait to get back to the gym to work on them again and now chest too. It was weird working out my chest with those plastic bags on there. Out is do weird holding them in my hand kinda creepy. I'm really excited to start bra shopping I'm tiring not to think about it to much for now, just hours be patient :-)
Darn typos. It's hard to navigate my phone plus I have my nails done.
Thanks for sharing your story so far. We are here to help you get through these days. The women in the explant community are wonderful and I'm so glad you found them. From what I've read of everyone else's story, your breasts do recover. Try not to judge (or look) this early. I hope today is better for you!
Thank you. I have been trying to stay busy and not look at them at all. I'll take a real good look in four weeks.
I hope you are feeling better, know that being emotional is normal, specially after all you went through. Your breasts will look better after certain time, time is your best friend. Don't believe your drs nurses, they are probably trying to make you feel bad, so you can have regrets and get implants again. Dont fall for it! Believe us when we say your skin will retract. I see you are on Day 4, it is too soon to look at them. I think I started to finally feel like myself after 1 month. We are here for you, write as much as you can, sometimes that helps.
What about us older gals? I'm 56 and even though my implants are small. I feel like they will be like deflated balloons after the surgery!
Thank you do much faith and hope. Your so right I regretted Removing my implants when I left the office. The doctor has never been happy that I removed them. I told him about my problems but of course her never heard of them. I found your review really helpful and you look amazing. I figure if my body bounced back from pregnancy out rio bounce back from this. This forum is amazing and I couldn't get through with without you guys. I was browsing the implant reviews and the girls look beautiful in their before pics. I wish we could just realized how beautiful we are from the beginning.
The saggy boobs are no fun. What feels weird is that they are like jello just like everyone else of all ages. Going throught the reviews helped me see last night that everyone heals at all ages. I just had a bad day yesterday.
How are you doing today? Ignore the negative assistants in your doc's office. YOU SKIN WILL RETRACT- seriously. You will NOT stay the same. Hang in there :-) Compression is a PAIN in the #$%^ however it works. I am still doing light compression at 3 weeks. Keep them wrapped up! My champion *cotton* sports bra does some serious compression if you need more later. I would alternate between bras because the pressure points in one bras would start to bother me.
Thank you tiggerousiy. Your words are very encouraging. How long do you have to wear the compression bra for? Do you wear it 24/7. My doc has me in an ace band so it's hard to wear my shirts with it. Looks weird right now I have one my old bras on top of out it.
My case may not be normal- I had swelling from day 2 so I had to go get my left breast drained of 30-40 cc. Then a week later had to drain 90cc. So I had to wear a compression bra 24/7 for 2 weeks and I still wear some compress. I just had one week with so outrageous swelling!!! Yeah small victory :-D Just trying out lighter compression sports bras. It is hard to look normal with an ace bandage- try a tight Champions sports bra. Even if you have to pad it you will at least feel like you have clothing on instead of an ace bandage. Just make sure it is as tight as that ace bandage and truly compresses. For me the cotton champion med support worked in Small but the stretchier material ones didn't really do it. I have very little natural breast tissue and a small rib cage. This time will fly by......xoxox
So sorry you had a bad day. Wish the dr's office had been a little kinder and more understanding. I think this is a huge thing to go through physically and mentally. You did the right thing, now to just get over the hump. Prayers for you tonight.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I had to go back to work today and honestly I was not ready at all I wish I could have waited until I could get rid of the ace band. I don't know what shirts to wear with the ace band on:-/ My mom says to wear one of my old bras over the ace band I thought it was so funny...she made me try it on didn't look bad either LOL I had an appointment with my chiropractor today and I just broke into tears. I guess it is normal to feel this way IDK! I have been looking at other reviews and it seems like some people went through the same thing. I also noticed that things start to look better at four weeks. Patients is virtue!!
Congrats! Sending love and light for a healthy and fast recovery!
Thank you. Me too. It's not fun in the beginning.
Congratulations! I had mine removed a few days ago! I, like u, cant wait to start excercising and wearing cute tops again!