Large Tattoo Removal R20 Method - Alberta, AB

Becoming a new dad this past year made me realize...

Becoming a new dad this past year made me realize that the tattoos i got when i was 20 just didn't fit what my life has become, I have a large tattoo on my stomach that i didn't think much about at the time because I thought i would cover myself in tattoos over time. That mentality changes a lot when you take your toddler swimming for the first time and you realize this mistake is with you and you will have to talk about / explain for the rest of your life.

I did my first R20 treatment yesterday. I was super nervous and a little cautious about the R20 because there doesn't seem to be a lot of history on the method, She did 3 passed with the REVLITE SI laser from Hoya Con Bio. which is supposed to be the cats meow in laser right now, I did about 45 min of the numbing cream before. Wow did it hurt, 1st pass was bearable the nice thing is that its quick, after 1st pass she applied the numbing cream again as well as between 2 to 3 didn't seem to help at all, second pass was more painful and 3rd pass was almost unbearable, i was shocked at how much it hurt, the bacon grease analogy is bang on plus more in my case. the tattoo is mostly black with some red and yellow, professionally done 5 years ago, I have booked my next app for 8 weeks out, if all goes well should be clear by summer.

its day 2 and i have it bandaged, doesn't feel to bad today, just like a sunburn.

Its been one week since my first session, still...

Its been one week since my first session, still have a couple blisters but they are very small, the big ones have popped on there own, I wore bandages for the complete week during the day and at night would give air. I have probably spent close to $100.00 on bandages and medical tape, the skin around the bandage that gets the tap is irritated and red, i will not wear a bandage tomorrow and see how it goes. I cannot see any fading yet it almost looks brighter because i always have aquafour or vaseline on.
I am starting to feel the on set of the "itch" i just want to violently scratch it now. This week should be a breeze now that the worst its over.

Overall the clinic was great, the removal will be the deciding factor!

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out with your removal - would be great to have an update.
Still working on the removal, definitely has not faded like i hoped. The color removal has been most painful experience of my life. unbearable

BigErn: How is the tattoo fading? Can you give us an update. I am going in for an r-20 next month!

I did the R20 treatment myself. Tattoo is fairly big going from my wrist to elbow. Black, Red, and yellow.... Tattoo is Dawn of the Dead. Favorite movie. But anyways like yourself I did not see much of a difference after doing the r20 treatment. I blistered really bad though. Didn't hurt just uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had my next treatment and just did one pass has faded a little....little. Im suppose to make an appointment in the next few weeks to do it again. i want to hurry up and get it over with but the R20 hasnt shown much for me to try again.
I'll be going in for my second r20 in a few weeks. Been 90 days already but work precludes getting the treatment any sooner. Spent just under $2000 usd on the first session. Tat is all black, ten y/old and big. First pass was most painful, couldn't take more than 10 seconds at a time, last (4th) pass was nearly painless, laser never stopped unless the tech needed to adjust. Tat is fading nicely, they say can fade up to 70% after first treatment, mine is def more than 50% gone. Wife says I wasted money, she doesn't believe it will ever be all gone. I'll make a proper post another time w pics.
Hey how's the removal coming along?
Im going for my 2nd r20 on thursday, so far have had 4 treatments. There is definitely been some fading but not what i expected. I was hoping for better results.
Hey! How's the clerance/fading been after a few more weeks BigErn? Thanks!
Hello, Very disappointed in the results from the first R20 apt, there was some fading but not even close to what i had hoped, especially in the black ink. so i went for another treatment yesterday, tried to go with out any numbing cream......wow just did one pass and thats it. unbearable pain. going to give it another go in 6 weeks and try a new numbing cream. feel fine today, got it bandaged up, you can sure notice the difference in the skin on one pass. this feels like should heal fast, no blisters. some pin point bleeding.
Do you have any before/after pics of your R20 session?
Hey BigErn! Can you give us an update as to how things are looking healing and fading wise? Thanks in advance!
Healed up totally, just a bit of dry skin thats its, ready for my next app!! Fading has not been that drastic, I was hoping to see lots more, its been 3 weeks since my first app. From what I have read more fading should occur over the coming weeks. Dec 8 is my next session! just in time for christmas!
Pictures would be MUCH appreciated! Fading takes a minimum of 6 weeks to see the full extent, so be optimistic!
Best of luck to you - would love to see some photos I just had my 2nd laser session yesterday, not the R20 but I can't imagine having more than one pass...one is enough, mine really hurt yesterday, more than the first session - guess cuz it was turned up to 1.8 level. Next session for me Dec. 8th
Hey there, would appreciate some details on your tattoo as well and where you had yours done. It would be nice if we could all keep each other updated in order to help each other and others who are in this situation. I'm scheduled for end of November for r20 but am rather unsure if I want to do it due to lack of actual results and testimonies from actual clients. I'm hoping BigErn sees muh success in the coming weeks and doesn't have any signs of scarring. Good luck with your removal!!
I think you should do it, becuase not often do you get results after the first treatment,, stay motivated if you want this off you. Also, do you smoke? Becuase it decreases you success rate by up to 70%. I have all my stuff on this site as well - take a look. http://www.realself.com/review/advantage-laser-clinic-toronto-documenting-my-tattoo-removal-the-alex-tri I think this is a great support network. I feel so horrible about this tattoo, that it nearly ruined my summer, in fact it did, cuz it was such a huge misake and becuase it's a cover up makes me feel even worse. All I wanted was ice light soft windbars that were elegant and nice lotus flower to represent my love for yoga and sprititual growth, and I ended up with a mess....oh well - guess this as the lotus grows from mud, my tattoo will too...as if i cant remove fully another cover up...lol Best of luck to you, my fingers are totally crossed for you!!!! Stay positive, watch you diet, don't smoke and get lots of excersise and tons of water.
Hi! No I don't smoke, I'm very fit as I exercise 6/7 days a week and don't get sick very often although I currently am, lol, go figure. I have been told I have most things going for me in terms of removal. All black ink, half finished, it's on my trunk (shoulder) and I have average white skin. My only drawbacks are that's it's 3 months old there's a fair amount of line work, which i am told is a bit harder to remove.... I know it will hurt but pain is temporary. I suppose I just worry about the blisters and scar potential although I'm told it's rare. I'm not the type to pick at it knowing the consequences. I really don't want this with me forever and although I want it gone, I don't want to trade one headache for another if removal means not 100% clearance or scars. You are from Toronto correct? Have you heard of TAtt-x removal? There a clininc in Toronto and the company is new making claims of revolutionary technology in terms of removal. Only problems is that it's new and on,y 3 clinics are in north America currently. I debated on flying there from Edmonton to try it as an r20 method as their prices are also very good. But without much proof it's a big gamble with the flights... Here's the website. http://www.tattx.com/ Maybe it would work for you!?? Check it out... The few images they have do impressive.... Hope this may help, All the best
Oh, the clinic in Toronto that offers the Tatt-x removal is called Clarity Med Spa and I have spoken to them, they've been very helpful and informative. They have a video of a removal on you tube as well. Talk soon!
Thanks for sharing, I already pre paid my treatment for a total of 15...I know, might have been a crazy thing to do, but the clinic is good, and because of the package deal it only cost me $166 per session as opposed to $300...so I thought, well I will take a chance. The machine they use is really good, so I am hoping for good resutls. You mention your tattoo is only 3 months old...sound like me...you don't even want to know my story, it;s crazy, I feel like the biggest idiot out there...but oh well - live and learn again and no more tattoos for me unless of course I have not choise but to cover the remainder of whatever does not remove. Do you have lots of feeling of regret? I live with it daily, and to be honest it has really taken a toll on my, my family does not understand and say, it's JUST a tattoo, ya, it it, maybe if it was a small on on my hip, or lower back, where it's easier to hide, but oh no, stupid me puts this big ugly tattoo on my upper back!!! All I can do now is hope that it goes away...and I hope yours does too. Let's keep our fingers crossed for each other. Oh, and glad to hear your about your lifestyle as it will enhance your removal. All I think about is running or doing something to keep my body working and blood circulating. deep breath, 2 years, and maybe it will be gone...Have a good one - and if you want you can email me directly evagajda@gmx.com
Hi there! i was reading your comments and based upon the laser you were treated with and the location being Alberta, I was wondering if perhaps you wen to the westside clinic in Calgary? I am supposed to go myself next month for R20 and I am a bit nervous. My tattoo is 3 months old and all black, half finished and on my shoulder. I was wondering about blistering myself and am scared of scarring possibilities. Anyway, I am hoping this clinic and the laser is as good as they say, so hearing someone else has endured this really helps. So thank for everything information wise so far. If you went there or have any additional insight, I'd very grateful for any info to put my mind at ease. Thanks and I hope all goes well for you!
you guessed it, it hasn't really been to bad the blister really doesn't hurt, and I think scaring is pretty rare. for me because of the location i had to bandage the first week because of rubbing, more just creepy looking and annoying if anything, I will say again that it hurt like hell, I would consider myself having a fairly high pain threshold too. will be a bit easier for you on your shoulder i'm sure, but the good thing is that its only for an hour, after that is exactly like a sun burn feeling. I would have to say all thing considered it has not been to bad, just remember its a short term sacrifice that when its done you will be so happy!
Awesome to hear! Was it mainly the red ink that blistered? So it looks just kind of flaky now? Are you able to excercise and carry on with your days normally? I'd appreciate updates on the fading to. I heard it may take up to a few months for fading to really take place. I feel a bit better about things. What did they charge you per pass? My tattoo is about 11"x7" but half of that space is not inked. Thank again!!