3 Days After Tummy Tuck

I had my surgury on Friday April 9. It is Monday...

I had my surgury on Friday April 9. It is Monday evening 3 days after and I am having a hard time sitting on a chair and I especially have a hard time getting up. Since Friday I have slept on our recliner couch as I don't dare lie down. The first 2 days my husband would help me get up with a housecoat belt under my armpits but today I had to get up alone and it took me 45 minutes because it would hurt and felt like it was pulling whenever I moved forward. I tried using my arms on side side but that hurts too. That is the most scary thing when your alone. I am scared to tear the muscles , it pulls under ribcate. The cut hurts much less than under the ribs. ANyone have any suggestions for a easy way to get up after lying down. I also only take 1 painkiller during the day each 4 hours because it says not to take more than 8 per day. Could this be why it hurts me more than others.

Day 4 now after  my April 9, 2010 surgury and...

Day 4 now after  my April 9, 2010 surgury and I can get up alone off recliner couch.  What a relief since I am alone now during the day. I  Still have to be so careful as any wrong movement pulls the chest and hurts.  Turns out I had a large seperation and the Doctor said yesterday to be careful not to pull it apart.  That sort of freaks me out so I am being very careful. I have also not gone #2 yet a little afraid so I have been eating very little and drinking prune juice one a day.  I usually go twice a day so this is new for me.

Working out a few weeks before surgury to get legs strong is paying off as you need to use them alot to help you get up etc.  A long shoe horn works great for reaching down to pull up clean clothes.  It also make a great scratching tool where you can't reach. I hope to get to use my bed Thursday night day 6 after tubes are out.  Sick of sleeping on a reclining couch.  I walk a hour every 4-6 hours around my house and even went to Zellers today as I live close.

He is a good surgeon but unfortunatly he only prescribed tylenol and sent me home with 10 perkacet. After running out of perkacet I took the tylenol 3 and had an allergic reaction. I keep reading about these pain pumps people get and I wish there was better control for the pain than pills.

How did the deepest ion happen? Did you feel it right away?
How did the separation happen?
I guess ppl just handle pain different in 2days post op and i feel great i had a great surgen my scar is beautiful and i also had a brazilian butt lif all in one for 3800
Hi girls, I had my full tummy tuck on April 15! I went home the same day, with a pain pump and percocet. On the 6th day post-op my 3 drains came out! I saw myself for the 1st time today, and I have to say, not so bad! I can't wait for the swelling to be gone, and the itching to stop. My doctor says I'm doing great, and I go to see him again on April 27th. Happy Recovery Girls, and I'm glad I'm not alone in this....Robin
i was also very itchy around my incision site but without knowing i purchased mederma gel for scar improvement but it also helped me and it doesnt itch anymore. the gel has a cooling relief so it feels good once u put it on. my incision is not itching anymore thank God. but i know what you mean. i went through that and it was terrible.
I picked up Vit E ointment to rub on for the iching but it's still ichy, especially at night, it wakes me up and I get worried about scratching the stiches. I was told it's a good thing it means healing. I will try and find the Merdema Gel you use Sarah but I don't know if we have it in Canana, I have never heard of it. I will also start massaging a bit when I put the cream on as I heard this is also good for the scar area. I was going to use an exemina cream for the itch but the nurse said not to as it stops healing. Good thing I checked. It is 2 weeks today that I was in surgury at this exact time. My scar is closing and healing so once healed the iching should stop. Good luck to you Robin on your recovery also.
i think your doctor did the right thing by not giving you any other narcodic pain meds. my doctor gave me 48 vicodins and i took all 48 pills within 2 weeks. i was taking them round the clock every 6 hrs before the pain even hit me. and when i stopped it OMG i went through vicodin withdraw for 4 awfal days. tylenol is good enough. i heared after 4 days you dont need anything stronger than tylenol
I think your right, taking painkillers can be addictive. Since I quit after 4 days because of constipation it did make days 5-9 very hard without them. The pills relax you and help with sleeping. I have not slept well since day 5 and on day 12 now. I wake up every 2-3 hours and it takes some time to fall back asleep. I even take melatonin but the itchy skin is part of the waking problem. Last night I was so itchy I was half asleep and cut the top band and crotch off my compression high waist painties. My pubic scars from the tubes and my bellon button area were so ichy I had to remove the compression around these areas. I woke up and realized I ruined them, luckly I bought extra pairs. I read you need to cream areas a lot to help with this so today I will try this.
This area will continue to itch. You must keep it lubricated so try putting neosporin on those areas.Also massaging the areas help as well. I agree this is bothersome and is the part I hate.
I am now 11 days post op and feel much better than last week but not yet at normal. I was starting to truly regret this operation. Yesterday I saw the Doc and he says it's looking good and said to come back at 6 weeks. I am very puffy in the pubic area and he said this fluid should be gone soon. My cut is a little higher than I would of liked but still 3-4 under belly button. It's also not that straight but once healed it should be fine. Some surgeons do very low scars but at 50 I don't think I will be wearing tini bikini's. My scar and area above and below is very hard and sticks out. I hope this goes down more as it does feel like swelling. My sleeping is still very broken up, max 2 hours at a time. I hate the compression garment at night, that seems to be causing my waking because it feels so restrictive but I want to always wear it for healing. I still don't feel totally flat with my stomach but because I am still needing to loose 25 pounds this will hopefully slim out. One good thing is I feel like eating less, I hope this is permament as I never want to gain weight now. Sleeping is something I want more of and I know this will come once healed more. I am almost standing straight and have no back pain so hopefully those of you still hunching will straighten up soon. You probably had more skin removed which will mean very nice abs once the skin stretches. I think you need to start trying to walk straighter as the skin will give. I still can't say yet I did the right thing as recovery is harder than I thought but when I look at before and after pictures it gives me hope. As I said before I am still very puffy and swollen below and above insision so not a flat tummy yet, I hope it goes flatter. I am also very ichy and the binding makes it worse. That part I find annoying. Still hoping things keep getting better and wish the same for those of you going through the same. It's so nice to share our recovery as no one else can relate.
I didnt have any swelling in the tummy area at all. but i hear most people suffer from that so dont worry it will go away by time. my incision also looks bumpy and hard and i feel as if i have a wire wraped around me. my swekling was mostly in the breast area as i also had a lift and augmentaion. i still have some swelling but it looks as if its going down as days pass. i woke up this morning and noticed im a bit straighter yayyy im getting there. i was really excited. as far as my incision goes its pretty low so hopefully i can wera a 2 piece this summer. i dont remember wearing one since high school and im 31 yrs old now. i hope things get better for us soon :)) keep posted Sarah
my incision looks very weird and my boyfriend and two year both run when I take my clothes off.The incision is bumpy and I assume as time progress this will change. Im straighter today also so way to go for us.I also had breast augmentation .They are healing very well. The only thing is my nipples are flat.I guess this will go away as well.Due to lipo I still have lumps in my back but I am use to it.
That's hilarious...my kids run and scream too when my incision is showing.
you sound exactly like me glad I am not alone I need to loose 25 pounds and I am really swollen I am on my 8 day post op today how are you now?
I had my tummy tuck on March 29, and I must say it was what i expected.I had no pain just swelling and when they took my tubes out i felt great.Everyone made it seem like something painful but it was not my case. I am just a little worried about the lumpy scar but it has only been three weeks so I'm sure the appearance will change in due time.
wow i had my surgery on the same day as you.. how r u recovering? are u able to stand fully straight ? can u walk normally? im having problems standing straight so i walk semi hunched and now i have back discomfort.
No,not at all..I look like the hunchback of notre dome.lol.My back is killing me and I have lumps and hard spots from the lipo.I am trying to see what can i do about the discomfort...
OMG i dont know how much longer before we can go back to our normal activities. Im kinda depressed rightnow. i cant walk long distances and cant do any house work or cook because my back is killing me from walking bentover.. are u still sleeping on your back?
I been sleeping in recliner every since I came home from the hospital. I just started getting around to cooking and light cleaning.Today I am able to stand up a little better. I guess im healing.Drink lots of oj my bff say this speeds up the healing process. She had a tummy tuck 2 years ago.Don't be depress because we know how have new bodies and this will be worth it when you are able to look great in your two piece bikini at the beach.
I switched up where I was sitting and resting during the day I would sleep in my recliner but rest sitting straight up on my couch. Mixing it up seemed to help my back.
Glad your surgery went well. I had my tt surgery on 3/25/10 and my main concern about post-op was moving my bowels. If you haven't done so yet, I would suggest taking two cups on Prune juice with a teaspoon of Benefiber in each cup. My girlfriend did this for me and when I tell you it worked....I was soooo happy I didn't have to strain. She had also bought me Phillips stool softner which I took everyday after, knowing the Vicadin was going to bind me up. The Phillips was better than Colace stool softner, because it didn't cause cramping, or bloating. Cramping is the last thing we need lol!! Hope this helped. Please keep us updated.
Just wondering how long after a tummy tuck are you actually supposed to take pain meds. I am on day 7 and because of constipation problems I stopped after day 4. The last 3 I have had a very upset stomach and cramping and flu like symptoms, it's one extreme to the other. My P.S gave me lots of prescription for pain meds so maybe I am suffering for nothing because my belly area feels very weird, especially the belly button when I clean it it feels like it's touching me deep within I can't explain. Does anyone know how long if ever your belly button feels normal. What the heck did I do to myself. I was running a week ago and feeling great. Also how long are you all taking the pain meds.
i would stop taking your pain meds as soon as possible if you dont have any severe pain. depending on what type of pills ure taking. i was on vicodin and actually finished 48 pills within 3 weeks and now im going through vicodin withdraws and trust me its not fun.
Yesterday after my tubes came out I was 6 days post op and they said I could buy something like spanks garment instead of wearing the big one from surgury. I purchased a tight spandex type girdle in my normal size. At first it felt like it was not tight enough but this is what she said to use. Anyways I wore it to bed and and in the middle of the night I felt like it was choking my stomach. Went back today and bought one in 2 sizes bigger. It feel ok now during the day but I will see tonight if it's too tight for bed. Also tried sleeping in my bed but slept no better than on my lazy boy couch. I can't take the pain meds because it makes my bowels crazy to I wonder if you are sleeping any better. I fall alseep for a couple hours then keep waking up. Is this a common problem. Also are the rest of you out of your surgury binding and in spanks or something like it?
i was sent home with a abdominal binder and was told to keep it on 24/7 for 8 weeks after surgery. i purchased a second one from my doctor to wear in between washing. every surgeon is different but mine told me to keep the binder and dont switch to anything else until i graduate from it. as far as the sleeping goes, for the first 2 weeks i had the same problem although i would take pain meds i would wake up middle of night with my eyes wide open and just wait to fall back to sleep. i guess its kinda normal. my biggest complaint so far as i mentioned 1000 times in my reviews is not being to able stand straight and so i have lots of back and neck discomfort and my incision feels as if i have a wire wraped around me thats how tight it feels i dont know if thats normal? Sarah