Snoring and Sleep Apnea - New Hartford, NY

I have been a lifetime snorer. It was embarassing...

I have been a lifetime snorer. It was embarassing and inconvenient. I finally decided to do something about it and made an appointment with Doctor Falk. He suspected Sleep Apnea.The Sleep Study showed that I have Sleep Apnea. CPAP was not an option for me. I can not tolerate a mask on my face and the noise it makes. UPPP(Uvulopharyngopalatoplasty) and Base of Tongue Reduction were recommended by Dr. Falk. Recovering after the surgery was not easy. I stayed in the hospital overnight to control swelling and pain. For the first week after the surgery there was a lot of pain and difficulty with swallowing and eating. Despite the pain, I felt that I could breath better even during the daytime. I have not awakened with snoring or needing to catch my breath. I was able to control the pain with Tylenol 3-4 times a day by the 10th day.
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Falk did an excellent job. He is precise and efficient. Despite his busy schedule, he is thoughtful and warm. He is a highly respected surgeon and physician. I would recommend him to others including my own family. I am looking forward to travelling with family and friends without embarrassment or worries. I have more energy to enjoy life since I no longer feel tired all the time. Dr. Falk improved my life. I am a happy patient.

I'm glad you're breathing better! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.