Finally Had Rhinoplasty- Albany, NY

I had always had such a huge nose... and no one in...

I had always had such a huge nose... and no one in my family had a nose quite like mine. I had a very wide bridge, a small hump, and a very large tip. I hated getting pictures taken because there was no angle that I could turn my head to make my nose look smaller. I live about 1 and 1/2 hours away from Albany, NY, so I started looking for surgeons around there. When I was looking, I saw that Dr. Deluca had very good reviews, and that some of his training was done with an ENT surgeon. I had a consultation and really liked his opinions on my nose and what he said could be done for me. Now that I am one week post-op, my nose is amazing and as the swelling goes down, it's only going to get better.

I'm glad you're pleased with your results so far! What has been the hardest part of recovery for you so far and how have you dealt with it?

The hardest/most painful part was getting the stitches out. The stitches in my nostril weren't so bad, but the ones in my columella hurt so bad the tears were streaming down my face. It only lasted for a few minutes, and I had taken a pain pill to prepare. Other than that, it was just awkward to lean over the tub and have someone wash my hair.
Congratulations and welcome. All the best for a smooth recovery. We would love to see some photos!
Albany Plastic Surgeon

I recently had rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Deluca. It was partially to improve my breathing, but mostly for aesthetic reasons, as I used to have a huge nose. I had a wide bridge, a hump, and a very large tip. My consultation went well, he listened to what I wanted and said that I would definitely benefit from rhinoplasty. I did have a pre-op appointment, just to review what would be done, since my consultation had been a few months before. The surgery went very smoothly, and the doctor even went out to speak to the family member who had brought me. There wasn't too much pain during the following week, it was mostly just discomfort. The worst part of the whole experience was getting the stitches removed, that was very painful and most likely due to the fact that I had extensive work done. When I looked into the mirror for the first time, I was immediately thrilled with my results, and the doctor even said it was such a dramatic change from how my nose used to look. The doctor and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. They answered all of my questions whenever I called, and addressed whatever concerns I had. I would recommend Dr. Deluca to anyone who was going to have rhinoplasty.