This imperfection controlling me my entire life - Couldn't Be Happier - Albany, NY

I walked into Dr. DeLuca's office unable to wear...

I walked into Dr. DeLuca's office unable to wear anything revealing, no bathing suits, no sexy Halloween costumes, majority of shirts were t-shirts, and shopping was a night mare. I saw him when I was 17 years old and my insurance company refused to cover what was wrong with me. So I went to Dr. DeLuca a few years later with some money saved up and had him re-evaluate me, not like much changed. I had my consultation and he was so amazed that insurance wouldn't cover it. Needless to say that the insurance company can suck it.

I remember setting the surgery date up with the nurse and leaving there with such excitement and disbelief all at the same time. I couldn't believe that my life dream was finally coming true, after 11 years of being uneven and this imperfection controlling me my entire life I was ready to be free. I called it my lucky fin, like Nemo the movie. I was a fully developed C on my left side and my right side wasn't even touched...mother nature forgot about it.

So now that it's been almost 2 months after surgery I haven't been happier, I can go to whatever store I want and wear whatever bra I please. I have never been able to wear a matching bra and pantie set, or wear a strapless dress/shirt, or wear a bathing suit, or even go swimming, but now I can. Dr. DeLuca did more than just a "boob job" he gave me womanhood, he gave me confidence and pride in myself more than I ever had in my entire life. I couldn't be happier with the results, esp. from where I started from when I developed when I was 11. I can now wear whatever I want and not have to "fix myself" from not falling out of my bra and someone seeing my imperfection.

I knew that I couldn't expect a "perfect" out come, and at first I was nervous that I was going to have more problems than when I started. But it's the opposite, the only thing that I need to get used to is looking at myself in the mirror. I now have 2 boobs, real full boobs. I couldn't be happier. I can put a shirt on without a bra and you can see that I am even, full, and perky on both sides.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

I found out about him when I was younger when I went to my primary and we discussed to correct my issue. She gave me two surgeons to go to at the time, Dr. DeLuca and Dr. Fox. When I had my consultation with Dr. Fox I didn't like what she had in mind for my procedure, so keeping my options open I went and saw Dr. DeLuca and I liked his method better. When I had enough money saved up, I decided to see him again and to see what to I had to do to make this all happen. I don't have any before pictures due to I was insecure, but the office does have them and I am more than willing to show off my before and after's.

Thank you for sharing such a personal story on RealSelf. I am sorry you had to silently suffer for so long...such a bummer about the insurance company. But, I am glad to hear there that you now feel like a complete woman. Congratulations...I am sincerely happy for you!

So glad Dr. Deluca was able help you! I had such a great experience with him also:-)