48 Hours Post BA - Albany, NY

I am only two days post-op and couldn't be any...

I am only two days post-op and couldn't be any more pleased with my results thus far! I stayed the first night in the hospital because I did not have any family members / friends with me, and felt totally pampered by the nursing staff and hospital personel. Night 1 was incredibly restful and relatively pain free. I was given clearance to leave on the morning after my surgery and have been at a nearby hotel ever since. I only took one pain med since leaving the hospital and, while in more pain last night than on night 1, it was definitely bearable. While I've continued the antibiotics today, I've only taken one advil to control the pain. Took a taxi for my post-op appointment with Dr. D this afternoon and all looks good. Definitely bigger than I'm hoping for right now, but I know I'm still swollen up top and am confident the end result will be just what I was hoping for. I have been given clearance to drive home tomorrow (3 hour drive!) and am thoroughly looking forward to being back in my own home for remainder of recovery. This afternoon I went for a manicure and a little walk. I think the walk helped my internal systems as I've had a bowel movement already and feel much less bloated - almost back to normal in the tummy.

I wanted to post an update, 6 weeks post-op, as...

I wanted to post an update, 6 weeks post-op, as this was the best thing I have ever done for myself! I am 100% happy with my results and so pleased with my recovery thus far. My 3 hour drive home, 4 days post-op, did result in increased pain over the next few days, which was totally understandable, but other than that I've felt really good. My breasts are the exact size I was hoping for and, aside from my husband who is thoroughly enjoying my new look and feel, no-one has noticed! 325cc unders took me from a small 34B to a modest 34C - the exact look I was hoping for! This size is very noticeable when wearing tight clothing, but I can down-play them when I dress normally (loose shirts, etc) as I do almost every day. It's fabulous to know I can conceal or reveal at my leisure. Dr. Deluca did a fabulous job listening and selecting a size that got me to the exact outcome I was hoping for. My choice in size hinged heavily on the fact that I work with children and didn't want to look obviously fake. While they are still a bit firm on top, they have settled really nicely and already feel soft & natural from the side and below. We have a trip to Florida booked in February and I can't wait to wear a swimsuit! We've been walking every day but I have resisted the temptation to work out, per Dr. D's recommendation. While I look forward to getting back into a routine, the slower pace has been a nice break. My only wish is that I'd done this much sooner! If you're on the fence, my suggestion is to go for it... best decision I've ever made!
Albany Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Deluca after an immense amount of online research and after reading other positive reviews, felt confident that he was my guy. He is extremely professional, incredibly kind and gentle, and took all the embarrassment out of the pre-op awkwardness. I am extremely private in nature and very independent and he normalized my strange circumstances (ie: having a BA without a single loved one with me) while carefully paying attention to what I was hoping to see as the outcome. I would highly recommend anyone considering breast augmentation to check out Dr. Deluca. He's fabulous!

hi :) i have been thinking of using Dr.D I have my first consult on monday with him, do you have any pics? I know every persons body reacts differently, but do you think you have "fluffed" yet? You got the same type of implant I am thinking of choosing, well the cc any ways ;) how long did you wait to go back to work?
Glad to hear you are ecstatic about your new breasts! I too, have been researching Dr. Deluca for a long time and have seen tons of reviews and pictures and I have a phone consult with him on Tuesday (2/18). I also have a 3+ hour drive from VT. Was Dr. Deluca the only surgeon you saw for a consult? Did you do a phone consult first as well? I plan to see him in person once I have a phone consult if I decide I want to move forward with him. Congrats again... makes me more anxious for my turn!!

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! That was very smart of you to take a walk and get things moving! Please continue to keep us posted as you recovery. Any recovery tips for other ladies about to go through this?

glad to hear you are doing well