My Experience - Albany, GA

I am 36 years old.I made the best decision in my...

I am 36 years old.I made the best decision in my life on Feb15,2011.That was the day I had lapband surgery.I do not regret it at all.I have learned so much about myself during this time.T

he band has been a great tool for me in the process.I was approaching 400lbs and feeling miserable and in pain all the time.I had to do something.I work as a nurse,so I know that nothing good happens from an unhealthy lifestyle of burgers,sweets and a sedentary life.My dad was diabetic and had heart disease.i remember watching him take insulin shots and going to dialysis.That was scary to see as a child.I refuse to subject my kids to that.So I made the choice to do better not only for me,but for them also.It has not been easy but it has been worth it.It still require me to make healthier choices and to listen to my body.

My insurance covered the majority of my surgery.I paid my surgeon maybe $900,the hospital copay was $100 and the pysch about $300.I set money aside in my flexible spending to take care of these amounts.My recover time was very quick.I followed the rules of walking and sticking to my diet post op.The only pain I experienced was from gas.I think that is all for now.If you are wanting to make a change,choice WLS.I choose Lapband.You investigate the surgery that will be best for you.Good luck on your journey to a new you.

Bagnato

I could not have asked for a better surgeon.Dr.Bagnato was awesome.His staff was very supportive.