One Week into my First Aligner - Albany, GA

So far, totally worth it. I picked Invisalign...

So far, totally worth it. I picked Invisalign because I am a 30 year old mother of two and didn't want the embarassment of metal braces this late in life. I have had no problems adjusting to the aligners. They are much tougher that I thought they'd be; they're sturdy even against me grinding my teeth at night. I do have to say though, I am sore! I can tell which teeth are being pushed on already. They fit my teeth so well that I do not have to worry about taking them out in the night (which used to happen with my tooth guard).

Dr. Veilands

Since I am a pretty severe tooth grinder, durability was one of my main concerns and so far the trays have shown no signs of wear!
I have to get attachments later on in treatment, but for now I am on the trays alone.

Well please keep us posted on how you are doing!! I'm really curious to hear if all the trays hold up just fine to tooth grinding during your entire course of treatment.

Congrats on getting started with your Invisalign! I'm glad to hear you have adjusted to them ok and that they have held up when you grind your teeth at night. I'm a tooth grinder too, so I was always curious how they hold up to that.

Do you have any buttons or attachments, or were you able to slide by with just the trays alone?