Im Very Depressed About my Mini Tummy Tuck. Please Help.

I have had two children. I had my first one when I...

I have had two children. I had my first one when I was 18 and ever since then my stomach has been outta shape and was way to embarrassed to wear bathing suits or anything that would show my stomach. So I decided it was time to do something about it.

I had a tummy tuck almost 3 months ago and my tummy is a lot bigger. I have even had to go out and buy bigger clothes so I would have something to wear. My ps says it just swelling but would I be this swollen as to not being able to fit in my clothes? This was a once in a lifetime thing for me. What can I do? For once I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin but seeing my tummy now,I dont think I will ever be. I am very very depressed. I put up pics to show how big my tummy is.

I am so depressed and dont know what to do. I had a mini tummy tuck almost 3 months ago and my stomach is a lot bigger than it was before. What can I do?

Blondie36, I also had to buy bigger clothes after my TT as my normal clothes would not fit me for a few months after the surgery.
It will take up to 12 months for the result to show. My advice would have been to go the full TT as read my comment below dated 30 Jan 11. I was very bloated for a few months and I got drepressed thinking I look worse than before, but my doctor told me to give it time to heal (approx 12 months). I wore a compression band for 6 weeks which help release the fluid. 3 years on I am so happy with my results.
did you eventually get this checked out? was it a seroma? Looks like one.
i wish i had gotten the full tt but i really do not have the $$ rite now to redo anything. oh well. it just sounds like women on here who did the full tt are so happy w the outcome more so than the mini tt. i have a great ps but he is very modest w his work even w other things i had breast done w him and he only goes so many cc's on a person. perhaps in the future when i can i will redo but for now i move on
I am considering a mini tummy tuck... are you still unhappy with your results?
Hi applebee, I don't know how much excess skin you have, I am a thin person but I still needed a fully tummy tuck because my surgeon told me that if I went for a mini tummy tuck I would have bulge around my upper belly and it would look odd. Maybe best to speak to a few plastic surgeons and ask them what they recommend after seeing you. Also ask if they tighten the stomach muscles on a mini tummy tuck because tightening of the muscles will give you a better result. I had my surgery on 15 December 2010 and got to do lipo on my flanks and now at 6½ weeks post op I am loving my results. Still a little swollen and have a small seroma on my right side but this will disappear in time and my surgeon will try and syringe it out next week. Hint for you all, because I was swollen and wearing the compression garmet I got away with wearing my sisters maternity pants. They were a great fit because my current clothes I couldn't get my pants around my waist because of the garment and by wearing the maternity pants it gave me room around my stomach to get them up and it looked like I was wearing normal pants, plus wear a loose top or jacket so you don't see the garment through your tops.
Good luck in your journey....
Good Luck to you!
No im still not happy with my mini tummy tuck. Although the swelling has gone down since I took these pics,my tummy is still nowhere near flat as it should be.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but from what you are describing I am wondering if your doctor actually tightened your stomach muscles before he/she took off your excess skin and stitched you back up. Tightening of your stomach muscles is part of the tummy tuck process - this would pull in your stomach and make it flatter.
mine did tighten them but i still dont feel perfect as i expected it to be super flat it is not
I went and saw another plastic surgeon on 15th Nov 2010. He advised for me to get a full TT and not a mini because he stated that if I don't do the upper part it would look odd as it would bulge. He said that he would pull my sides in so I would have a smaller waist and it will stop me from having a boyish figure and he did mention I would be flat but may have a little bulge in the centre due him pulling my skin from the left and right sides and bringing them to the lower centre of my stomach. I am also having lipo on my pubic bone to flatten that also. He told me I would be sore for about 5 weeks in that area and that it will be very swollen and would swell to the size of a football, hehehe... I also wanted lipo on my flanks but he advised that since I have joined the gym I'd get better results working it off than for him to lipo it as he said the lipo may make it look uneven. Hence this is why he will pull my skin from the left and right sides of my flanks. (I appreciated his honesty in this and not doing it for the sake of making more money from me). On my second appointment before surgery I will ask him again if I can have just a little lipo on my flanks, I think it would help me. Will see what happens. I am going to ring today to book a date. I am planning to have it done mid December this year.
these pics remind me of my mini. i feel like i shuldve gotten a full tt or lipo done w mine. i need to see dr again soon its been 8 mos now and i def do not see it as ever being any btr
good 4 u darling :-)
Hi after about 3 months post op the swelling went down so much Im almost 9 momths po and it looks amazing now I will post pic this week of my tummy tuck journey.
so what happened??? Just curious to see if things got beeter 4 u??
So sorry to hear what you've gone through. I see this was posted in January... did you ever decide what to do?
Hello there I had my surgery 2 montsh and hald ago, still swollen and it looks like it will be like that fovercer! My doctor said had to wait the 3 months to pass and that it culd be a seroma, however the scan showed nothing more than 1cm fluid, which is nothing. It feels like the swelling is only on my muscle and to rest is impossible with two kids, etc... dis any of you get better??? Keep me posted please.
Sorry it took me so long to get back with you. No I haven't had lipo on my tummy yet but I am in less than two weeks and some lipo in more areas. Im am still swollen in my tummy and some days it seems worse than the others. Maybe the lipo will help. Im keeping my fingers crossed!I will let you know if it works. Do you still have swelling?
Hi, I had my surgery Jan22,2010 and I am almost 4 weeks post op and I still have swellin my ps says that its just me and will go down with time,but I'm startin to get worried. Did u have lipo there? And did it work please let me know.
its swelling give it more time im swollen it 3 wks post in that same area i had no drains. its tender there too. i cannot fit into my clothes too i wear my binder faithfully
Looks like swelling. It should go down. Give it some more time.
I'm so sorry to hear you're having difficulties. What does your stomach feel like - it is squishy or does it feel like there's a water balloon inside? I did not have much swelling with mine thank goodness, but my PS warned me that the fluid sacs were a fairly common concern and often only go away if they've been drained. Also, I did sleep with my feet elevated above my heart and took water pills for a few days on my PS's advice, but again my swelling was minimal. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Hey. Yes it feels like there is a water ballon inside. How long has it been since you had your tt? I will try sleeping with my feet elevated and see if that helps any and try the water pills.