My Lower Lip is Crooked Too! - Alabama

Everything was as they told me it would be exactly...

Everything was as they told me it would be exactly from the week before (strong medi-vitamin regime, then antibiotics) to what would happen there (prep) the surgery (being semi-conscious) etc. There were no surprises and though I was way more swollen then I thought I would be, I was ecstatically happy & really felt it wasn't painful. Things looked good at one week check-up, still very swollen though. I'm 2.5 weeks and I like the results better every day. My only concern - and there is still swelling (they also lipo'd neck) is the crooked lip (But thanks guys, you answered my concerns) and the scar that sticks out just under my chin - my understanding was that they weren't cutting there. I am going back for my 3 week visit on Monday - (It's Thursday) and at some point, he will go over everything with a lazer that will tighten and take care of any flaws.

My guy is a quad-certified plastic surgeon who only does one surgery a day and the whole team is focused on that patient. It is an art for him. My surgery took 5 hours - at least - but they had told me it would.

I have no regrets and for the first time in my life, did something for myself for Christmas. Now if this crooked lip would hurry up!!!!!

Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

For the reasons mentioned above and in the narrative above as well. Also, they pray over the patients before the surgery. The day before I stopped in at the end of the day and was in the lobby and heard the doctor to ask one of the staff to say a blessing on the end of the day and the patient who had just been sent home from surgery!

Being a scientist myself, I would be a little woried when my doctor wouldn't believe that the result would be completely in his hands, but also dependant on the will of some force in the sky ... Apart from that, good to hear your lip is improving !
I'm having the same lip problem. I'd love to hear how yours progressed.. thx

Thank you for sharing your story with the community. It sounds like you're well on your way to healing. I'm guessing the crooked lip is just swelling?

It is getting better. Still just a bit but barely noticeable. Went back on Monday - two days ago - and he injected some coritizone on and around the swelling where the scar is just under the chin. Still healing, but those who don't know me would not know anything was wrong. Those who do - I'm still keeping a low profile - have either asked if I was okay, or have told me I look really good, even though they don't know I've had something done. The worse part so far were the cortizone shots because also in them is that Lidacain or something like that, which I am certain is invented only for the purpose to terrorize and torture people.

In the end, I guess it won't be lasering to tighten things up but some type of injections. Yay! more Zidacain! Will keep those who either have done it or are contemplating it posted.

Yay! Glad to hear it's improving. :)