Not as difficult as it was - Akron, OH

I was motivated by self-esteem issues centered on...

I was motivated by self-esteem issues centered on my stomach. I haven't any "before" photos at this time.I had 2 large fat rolls and my belly button was hidden by a large (larger than the one below) fat roll and the belly button was vastly off-center. I was flopping over the Mons area and had a cellulite appearance all over. I felt I could finally stop hiding and be comfortable physically and mentally. So far, I would say this has been a devastating situation. Far more pain and effect on lifestyle than I was prepared for. I have had complications. I do not feel normal and I regret putting myself in this situation.

New pictures

Drain is out and I seem to have made progress in how I feel although not sure of progress in how I look.

Getting Better

See my comparison side-by-sides of my probable seroma, incision opening issue, and extreme swelling as it progressed in only 9 days. There is hope!

6 weeks 6 days

Here is a regular and two grid photos to reflect the changes I have seen in just 12 days during my drainage and swelling journey.

8 weeks post

I am still looking about the same. There is no longer a drain or a drainage hole. Even in the morning (as when these and all pix were snapped) I have a swollen mushroom look above the incision that never seems to change.

8 weeks post

Less blurry pic

9 weeks

Finally I have before pictures! I also made some comparison grids. I bled a bit on my corset this weekend and apparently it was a stitch popping out. Doc removed that today. Feeling good but looking the same!

10 weeks

Feeling the same. Coughing is still painful, but otherwise I'm completely fine and mobile. Drainage issue appears to be resolved. Will still need revisional surgery. :-(

11 Weeks

Well, it still hurts to sneeze and cough. Anyone else experience that still? Otherwise I'm about the same. Gained a few pounds this week because I've been eating more out of pure boredom. Must stop and go back to losing constantly. Am in my longest stretch ever of not seeing PS - 3 weeks. Loving that!

13 weeks

Still look exactly the same. Perhaps a little more fullness is visible in the side view. I am committed to losing more weight. Don't have to see surgeon for 2 more months at which point we will preliminarily discuss how to best go about a revision surgery. I feel AWESOME in my clothes right now!!

19 weeks post

Nothing new. I still feel strange to the left of my belly button (it's the left if you're facing me) a lot of the time, but I am at a pretty full activity level, including strenuous yard work (think an hour with a million pound gas trimmer for starters, lol). I look the same. Disappointed to report that I stopped losing weight and instead gained three pounds since my low of 191. Blah. Going to eat better and moving around WAY more in this weather should get me lower than the 190 mark which is my goal. Still enjoy how clothes fit and my confidence is higher than it's ever been in my life. Still awaiting appt. with PS to discuss revision, but I don't care to do that till Fall anyway.

Pix from 19 weeks 5 days

Here are some new pics. I see no real changes. My new smaller clothes sure look good though :-)

I think you look great. I can't really see any protruding but I'm not in person and if you're not happy then I agree you need it revised. I still think you look great though. Congrats :)
How are you feeling? I notice I still have soreness in my back from the lipo and muscle repair in my abdomen. I think I'll be having a revision too. I have a dog ear on the right side
I too am STILL sore around my back and where my muffin tops used to be as well as the front of my stomach (usually on the right where I had a seroma and more lipo). I'm also still quite numb in most areas which makes wearing clothes feel weird if I don't have a binder on. Under my belly button is completely numb. Are you still numb as well? Facing a revision is NO fun! I'm hoping so hard that I don't have to get a mini TT and can get away with just lipo but it's not likely. Sorry about your dog ear :-(
Hi, I am new to this site and feel terrible for you that you have not achieved the results you wanted. I think it’s one of everyone’s fears here on RS. I feel like doctors are obligated to do revisions?? Is that not the case? I think most of us have self-esteem issues about out appearance or we wouldn’t be here. I hope that this can be resolved for you and that you are healthy. Keep us posted. You are not alone and we are all pulling for you.
Thanks! My doctor feels obligated. The revision will be at no cost. He doesn't want an example of his work to be less than stellar and it is just "one of those things" that even a skilled surgeon can have happen to a patient. I hope to be a in a financial position to have another surgery at the same time. Ideally, my breasts, but at the least my chin. We'll see! Your support is appreciated!
Hi just wondering why you need the revision ? Are you not happy with your results ? I am not liking my results so far I had a mini TT 8 weeks ago , I am hoping its still too early to see final results otherwise I too will need a revision , I have had hematoma same as PelTT so slow recovery . But no fault of my great surgeon he has been great . Happy healing to you :)
Hi Carilon, I'm just now seeing your post. I need the revision because the fat above the scar protrudes (especially on the right where I was very much larger and assymetric to begin with) and is not likely to settle as time passes. It gives me a "mushroom" appearance.
I know coughing or gagging is just horrible!. U look awesome on the side as flat as it can be. Revision? Meaning lipo or mini tt? U look good!
I'm not sure if it will be a lipo or mini TT. We will discuss that at the end of May at my next appointment. It was pretty apparent early on that a revision would be necessary (although as you can see I had a seroma, an infection, and violent swelling). He could tell pretty quickly that the above-incision area still had too much fat to ever flatten out. The skin is fairly lax so lipo alone probably will not do it. I don't think I've ever seen such a great result as yours, especially in only SIX day, Prayflat! Wowzers.
I am praying for u. I know it must be tough to have all those, but hey, u look much nicer than before and if u have to do the revision, it night nit be as hard as the damn tt lolz so have my fingers crossed for u! I will follow and encourage u! Happy healing
Autocorrect : it might not be
Yup sneezing and coughing are a pain in the butt!!! When's your next appt? Xx
Awww is that definite? Are you wearing your binder still? Big hugs.. Such an amazing difference between before and after! Xx
It's 90% sure. I am rotating between a boned corset, spanx, the elastic binder from surgery, and a very minimally supportive Hanes waist "cincher." I could probably go without but I feel weird and hate the feeling of clothing on my numbness (I know "feeling" and "numbness" don't go together, lol! But you know what I mean). Thanks for the compliment, you look awesome too!
Omg I totally get disliking the feel if clothing in the numbness. It drives me nuts.
Will the PS do your revision free of charge considering they should have removed more the first time around?
It seems so. He said "We'll work it out and make it right" and I won't sit still for anything but free and also have no choice (I have not another dime). They've been quite upfront so far and I feel confident they will take responsibility. I'm more concerned with the fact that I do NOT want to undergo another surgery and if I ever did I was hoping it would be to fix my breasts, not re-do a horrendously painful surgery that should have come out right the first time. Blah.
Well perhaps you can get the revision with your BA at the same time? If the muscles were repaired with the first TT then maybe the pain won't be as bad. I keep hearing people say it's the muscle repair that is most painful part of recovery.
Financially, that's not likely to be an option, but its a GREAT idea! I'd actually never really thought about it, but you are right. I will if I can. I hear the same about muscle repair, but the worst for me *seemed* to be the lipo and complications it caused. :-)
Elaine3059 the swelling seems to be going down slowly , and Seromas are very common annoying thing after surgery , try stay positive , all will be good in the end . I too have had a minor hiccup with recovery I have a Hematoma the same as PelsTT , very annoying . I was told by my PS to wear my compression and my binder on apply as much compression as I can ( with out being silly lol ) and he is draining it twice weekly , I understand about not being so happy with the results so far , I am the same at the moment, with all the swelling my belly looks worse , but I have had friends and RS friends who have said this all settles .So lets keep our chins up togeather , we will get to the flat side :)
Thanks, Carilon. I'm hoping for the best but it is looking more and more like my PS is right about the revision. In it's best moments there is a LOT of extra skin. UGH! Thanks for your support. Much appreciated. Check back and by all means make a review of your own so we can cheer you on!
Hey i've read your story and please please keep your spirits up! This swelling hell we are going through is a nightmare, I am going through the same... I had complications and a hematoma etc that has slowed down the recovery process. Keep taking comparison photo's - it's a shame you do not have before pics because then you will see how far you've come xx
Thanks. I am the most flabberghasted at the thought of the revisional surgery. I won't be able to take off work, don't want to go through this again, and have NO one to take care of me. It's been a big disappointment to think that most of this suffering is going to be repeated. I am going to try to take a pic of the doctor's before pic so I can lift my spirits a bit. Thank you for commenting :-)
Good luck with your revisional surgery if you need it . Just think of the end result , you will get what you want , I had complications with my breast implants 10 years ago and had surgery again , it is very frustrating , but all went to plan . And do get before pics . When is your revision surgery ? Thinking of you :)
Fingers crossed you wont need further surgery, I keep an abdominal binder on as much as I can (I take it off for the bathroom and to shower) as Carilon said it helps. Have you had a seroma/hematoma ruled out? Please get it checked xx