Desperate for Abdominal Rectus Repair - Akron, OH

Very happy I went through with the surgery. But...

Very happy I went through with the surgery. But keep in mind it is a long recovery and be patient to see results. You will need someone to help you the first 48 hours 24/7. Preferably someone who is not affected by drains and dressings. You will need continued help for a good week if not two. Plan ahead and if you have a family with children, having meals brought in is highly recommended and a stress reducer and eliminator for the caregiver. Request light, non spicey soups for yourself in first week and regular food for your family.

A shower chair is a must, and a hand held shower head is a God send. If you are taking Percocet or any other pain killers, just take the Miralax immediately each day. Save yourself some discomfort and trust those of us who have gone before you. Stool softeners help but I say that reluctantly.

Make sure you have plenty of pillows of all shapes and sturdiness and cushiness so that as you are healing you can adjust your positioning that is required post op recovery. If your bed is a high profile bed, forget recovering in that. Move into a lower, hip or below height bed.

And last of all, Spanx is your best friend after you have worn your compression corset garment as required. Get the style that goes from under breast down to the thighs.

Can u please provide some pics I live in the area and would like to see the results the doctor delivers. Also how much was sx approx?
I have had no need to wear any type of corset and I have a very flat tummy with no swelling around the scar. My friend had just the simple tummy tuck and wore a corset for about 4 weeks I think. I only had a kilo removed and iit was just skin with only a small amount of tissue. Hope this helps. I did have drains in my tummy for just under 24 hours though.
Reading the above has been nothing like my recovery. Mine has been pain free, far less than a Caesarean section, and I have had four plus two other abdominal surgeries. I have had some discomfort but nothing more than a couple of paracetamol couldn't deal with. However, despite four pregnancies and section births I didn't need any muscle repair so that will have saved me some discomfort. I don't have any arms and use my feet and I was back feeding myself after 48 hours with ease. I had a fleur di lis ... A horizontal scar hip to hip and a vertical from just below my breasts down to the horizontal one. A also had my breasts lifted at the same time. I was in surgery for about 7 or 8 hours and had three nights in hospital. I did get a small infection at theb T' junction on my lower tummy but 5 days or oral antibiotics dealt with that and it didn't give me any extra pain. I am four week tomorrow post op and have a small hole where the infection was that needs dressing twice a day to allow it to heal from the bottom up. Please if you are considering this type of op don't be put off by people talking of high pain levels. If you have kids that need looking after you wiill need some support as you would after any surgery.
Akron Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Pennington. Before I had my surgery, I had discovered people who had been his patient and the results of their different types of surgeries were impeccable. The office staff are kind, and unpretentious. Every last one of his staff are, at present, considerate of the patient's questions, and are very accommodating. I had an abdominoplasty with a repair of the abdominal rectus muscle. Dr. Pennington came highly recommended to me and I see why. I am very happy with my results as I continue on with my recovery.