Desperate for Abdominal Rectus Repair - Akron, OH

Very happy I went through with the surgery. But...

Very happy I went through with the surgery. But keep in mind it is a long recovery and be patient to see results. You will need someone to help you the first 48 hours 24/7. Preferably someone who is not affected by drains and dressings. You will need continued help for a good week if not two. Plan ahead and if you have a family with children, having meals brought in is highly recommended and a stress reducer and eliminator for the caregiver. Request light, non spicey soups for yourself in first week and regular food for your family.

A shower chair is a must, and a hand held shower head is a God send. If you are taking Percocet or any other pain killers, just take the Miralax immediately each day. Save yourself some discomfort and trust those of us who have gone before you. Stool softeners help but I say that reluctantly.

Make sure you have plenty of pillows of all shapes and sturdiness and cushiness so that as you are healing you can adjust your positioning that is required post op recovery. If your bed is a high profile bed, forget recovering in that. Move into a lower, hip or below height bed.

And last of all, Spanx is your best friend after you have worn your compression corset garment as required. Get the style that goes from under breast down to the thighs.
Akron Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Pennington. Before I had my surgery, I had discovered people who had been his patient and the results of their different types of surgeries were impeccable. The office staff are kind, and unpretentious. Every last one of his staff are, at present, considerate of the patient's questions, and are very accommodating. I had an abdominoplasty with a repair of the abdominal rectus muscle. Dr. Pennington came highly recommended to me and I see why. I am very happy with my results as I continue on with my recovery.