Botox is a great solution for excessive underarm perspiration, until it wears off... - Aiea, HI

I sweat a lot under my arms, so I went to my...

I sweat a lot under my arms, so I went to my dermatologist for Botox injections. Fortunately my insurance covered the procedure so I didn't have to pay a penny. I received the injections in March 2012, and loved how it limited the amount of perspiration in my armpits. I understand Botox wears off in about 6 months, however... now 7 months later, after it wore off, I'm experiencing strange side effects. I shower daily and apply anti-perspirant on regularly, Botox or not, but lately my armpits have been giving off really horrible body odor... so much that it overpowers (?) the anti-perspirant. I don't know if this happened as a result of the Botox, but I certainly didn't have this problem before.
I've already scheduled another appointment for injections and am also considering Miradry. My opinion: Botox definitely works, IF you can afford it.

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with odor whether it was a result of the Botox or not. :( I'm sure that could be very disruptive to your day. Are you finding ways to take care of it throughout the day, or has it been a struggle?

It's been a little bit of a struggle, but I've resorted to applying body powder; keeps it dry. Thanks for reading! :)

Glad you found something that is helping. :)

Oahu Island Dermatologist

Dr. Takeguchi is hands down, the BEST doctor I've ever had. He and his staff are not only extremely accommodating, but also very knowledgable. Unfortunately, appointments need to be scheduled far in advance, but that's because he's a great doctor and very popular with his patients! I highly recommend him.