Week 3 of Retin A - Overall appearance of acne scars are minimizing, still experience peeling and dryness

I am a 20-year-old, female and I have tried about...

I am a 20-year-old, female and I have tried about everything in the book to treat my skin for acne and acne scars. I came across Retin A 0.05% when my boyfriends mom told me about this product and I have started using it about two weeks ago.

I have read a lot of reviews about this product and have heard a lot of good things about it. Within the 1st month of using this product, I experienced severe peeling and my face was so sore that I could barely move it. I continued using Retin A and now my face is peeling a lot less than it did initially. I am using Retin A with Cetaphil face wash for combination and acne prone skin, aswell as Solal Technologies Acne-Clear pills. I wash my face twice a day and apply a moisturizer during the day and take the pills two times a day (after breakfast and dinner).

I have seen results so far throughout my red face. My blackheads and whiteheads are fading on my nose and around my mouth and my skin looks a lot tighter...

That is awesome that you already notice some clearing in your skin. Keep in mind that sometimes it will get worse before it gets better. If you have been reading reviews, you have probably read fattransfergirl's review, she is just a little ahead in the process from you. I bet you two could relate to one another, and in her review you will see its been a bit of a roller coaster with her skin while she is getting started.

I'm going to be interested to hear how things go for you - it would be fantastic if you got to skip the "worse before better" phase, so I will be hoping for that!!

As I have progressed using Retin A I can see...

As I have progressed using Retin A I can see greatresults. I am currently on week 3, my white and black heads around my face (nose, mouth and forehead) are completely gone. I still get pimples and still experience peeling and redness in my face especially around my mouth, but it has definately calmed down a lot. The acne scars on my face are fading fast and I can see significant progress as seen in my pictures. I took the first picture that I posted about three weeks ago, and look at my face now. I am still using my Acne Clear tablets, wash my face twice a day, drink lots of water, excercise regularly and eat healthy. No more chocolates for me... lets see what week 4 has in store for me :) !!!

it is advisable to wash the facve 1hr after [utting retin a?(as my dr.suggesting)

Yes when first using. Start off very slowly so you don't experience burning. Ease into Retin A increase to about half a day by week two and then slowly increase to full day/night.
I didn't see a Dermatologist directly but I have read a lot of review and done my research. Retin A is a exfoliant, it removes all the dead skin off the epidermis of the skin and promotes the building up of new skin underneath the surface.

The fine lines in my under-eye area were only there because my skin needed to exfoliate, the fine wrinkles are now starting to fade again.

I apply Retin A only once a day, before I go to bed, so there is not really a chance for it to go in my eyes, because my eyes would be shut.

I will update my progress with Retin A when week 4 arrives.