Afraid of How Permanent Damage After a TCA Peel

I chose a self administered at home treatment...

I chose a self administered at home treatment because of the low cost. I am unsure of the outcome because skin is still healing.

I have olive complexion. I did an at home 20% TCA Peel 2 days ago to treat sun damage and fine lines. My skin frosted lightly, I rinsed it off...applied triple antibiotic ointment and lotion.

It turned brown IMMEDIATELY that night. Is it normal for my skin to be so brown so soon after the peel? Did I cause permanent scarring or skin color damage? I am afraid that the skin under the burn will also be brown and look totally different from the rest of my face....please help me! I have Photos!

Perfect Peel Solutions

They dont offer a phone number, no customer support at all except email.

Your skin needs time to heal between extreme TCA peels. I did 3 in one year. The 3rd peel made my face turn red, rather than brown. Very scary, was swollen for days. It healed, but not fully. It's been 6 months and I still have some redness. The tiny capillaries near my jaw line appear closer to the surface and a strip of my skin along the side of my face is still a little pink, like a sunburn. Oh well! I'm always doing extreme procedures... I think I'd rather look like a freak than old. Haha!
Aunarue, what strenght of TCA did you use and how many coats?
Please, how did it go?
Klingmans formula helping with hyperpignmentation?
Hydroquinone 20% 4 oz with niacin & retinol is what u want. There is a seller on ioffer. Its fabulous.
Has your skin healed?
I think you meant to say your skin turned amber within 24 hours...which is typical. If you don't know what your doing first go to a dermatologist and have that person evaluate you before home treatments. This is considered an advanced peel and with no experience in this field...your putting yourself at great risk!
Did your face heal??? I just did a 50% peel & my face turned red rather than brown. I think brown is good, red is bad ;(. Ives done it before and the results were amazing, although the 5-6 day recovery was not attractive! But this time I think I may have left it on too long as it's the 3rd day and my face is still swollen and very red ;(
Hi...I myself am going to do my first TCA peel this week. I have been doing Glycololic 20% and 50% for a long time. So my skin is prepped and ready. I have a lot of sun damage since I spend my summers chasing my kids on the beach! Many years of tanning beds! The glycolic has helped a lot but I am excited to see the results of the TCA 20%!!! I'm already dreading the BURNING AND STINGING!!! Any suggestions you could give Me? As in prep or post treatments???
Hi ajhailey, I just did a at home 15% TCA last night to my face , neck and chest area, just a mild sunburn look so far and I am keeping neosporin on it per instructions for 2 days, I am curious how your 20% peel went, I am a 1st timer so I only did one pass, how is yours doing and what did you do?
Hi Patty's! Mine went great! I have done 2tca peels since. I am also do a microbrasion as well once a week. I found this WONDERFUL gel which is Hydroquinone 20% 4 oz with niacin & retinol. I LOVE IT. After doing tca peels sometimes you get hyper pigmentation or uneven color. This gel has lightened all my face to a beautiful flawless look. I look like I'm wearing foundation! That's how good it looks. All my freckles and sunspots are GONE!!! So, I will do another 20% TCA next month and continue to use the gel. I'm caucasian and most people think skin bleaching of lighteners are for the darker skinned women! Nope, it works millions for Caucasians too. I tell you, its nice to look in the mirror and look like I'm wearing foundation but I'm not! Can't believe how much the TCA and gel has done for me! Simply amazing! The gel also removes black/white heads and I haven't had any skin outbreaks at all! I'm ADDICTED!
HI sjhailey, Have to tell you what I did. I did one coat of Jessners, let it set for 15 min then I did 3 coats of 20% TCA and it turned out just fine, the Jessners supposed to help give you a more even peel, I didn't have any problems, took a little over a week to be done with the peeling, I thought it was great, I must have tough skin, I'm going to do 2 coats of the Jessners and 3 coats of the 20% TCA next I did that one about a month ago, what do you think about doing it again now, after only a month? I think it should be fine. I like the sound of the gel you are using what is the name of it and I'll google it, Yea, I'm with you I do like the peels, where we can make changes without costing a fortune, you just have to know when not to push it, what your skin can handle.
we all should be happy with the skin we got, and don't use chemcial garbage it only gets worse, everyone gets old and die, we can not be young forever.

first off who told any of you to use tca, thats insane to play with yourself, start with glycolic 20%, then after you see how your face reacts then and only then do you go to lactic at 20 to 30% and then see how that feels and results you achieve, from there make sure to use moisture creams and hydroQ bleaching cream, they sell 3% on amazon and your derm can give you 4% but do a search and youll find 20% , cut that with moisturizer and use 10%, do this periodiclaly to help your skin along. If using the above does not cause issues then pretest with TCA on the skin in a tiny patch but never start with that and especially not at home. you can safely chem peel your face, start with low % also use glyco pads at 30%

My looked the same however after it all peeled off I had much nicer skin
yes it gos brown it will feel like paper over your face and will start to peel it will do this few times you may find using zinc and caster oil paster yr face it dont use soap and pat dry water face makes it feel bit better drink lots of water to now to help with your redness get [ Aveeno Cream ]with colloidal Oatmeal it also helps with the itchy bits you will see a diffrentce in few days to wash your face try [vaseline cocoa radiant oil] and you can use it at night to but dont pick or rub face let me know how you get on x and dont worry )
i did the exactly same thing back in Oct. 2008... bought Vi peel online, and guess what, i did some(?) damage on my face, BROWN eveywhere. i'm Asian, light skin, i only had a few sun spots on my cheeks, then ended up with TRAUMA, yes, it was such a tramatic event of my life. i would say i "hit rock bottom", at least i was fortunate enough not disfiguring my face though... after desperately searching for a derm for 2 weeks, i drove myself to Obagi in Beverly Hills, he saved my face. i am still on his maintenance regimen.
well i have the same problem. my derm did i guess 40 percent tca peel on my skin to remove acne scars, which were depressed, but it resulted in hyperpigmentation, and very rough texture, its been 8 years now since i had that treatment, and after that i have tried everything in the market, lasers, peels, fractional resurfacing, but nothing is helping me to get back my original texture or color, does that mean some damage to the cells is irreversible? and can never be treated and i have to live with this ugliness for rest of life? is obagi the answer for it? as i havent tried it yet, i am also asian with light brown skin
Apply half organic apple cider vinegar and half water to your face daily and let it dry. It will eventually even out the texture and the color of your skin.
I just read your response to correcting pigment from chemical peels. I had my peel yesterday. It was similar to a Vi peel. I have developed dark brown spots in certain areas and a soft redness as well. Will the apple cider vinegar help to begin using now or in fact ruin the overall peeling affect I was trying to achieve?

hi im wondering how sore this is to get sone, as id lik to get it done myself

Post peel care is very important to avoid/reduce Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) for asian skin. Use tretinoin and a bleaching cream for postcare treatment for 1-2 months after peel.
This is exactly why you NEVER purchase skin care products on the internet, at department stores, or in a CVS. You really need to go to a licensed skin care specilist/aesthetician.
To many unprofesional people selling tca peel with no license and selling also industrial tca acid. Be careful with website that look unprofessional and do not have a phone number or a physical business address. You will burn your skin!
I'm wondering how your skin has healed... I'm dealing with the same situation as we speak and need to know how well you've healed???