Took Accutane 5 Years Ago and my Skin Still Looks Awesome - Chicago, IL

My skin has been horrible since 7th grade. I have...

My skin has been horrible since 7th grade. I have always looked as if I was going through puberty even as an adult. As a thirty year old woman, I was very embarrassed that by the huge puss filled bumps that were big even after I popped them. I'm African American so after the bumps went away they'd leave dark marks and more bumps would occur.

I had tried eveything from Proactive to Doxycycline and Retin A, Tazorac...you name it I've tried it. None of it worked. I was desperate for something that would work. I read the side effects to accutane and jumped in head first. My lips were very dry which was the worst side effect. Chap stick doesn't work. You must use Aquaphor which you can find at Walgreens or CVS. I remember being a little more emotional than normal. For example, I would cry over anything. Watching a movie or hearing good news, I would cry which is so not like me.

I believe I took two 40mg tablets a day. Once in the morning and once at night. It's funny that strangers give me compliments on my skin and say things like, "Oh, you must have been blessed with great skin". Ha. I let them in on my secret.

I can kiss the person who created Accutane. The price listed in my profile isn't accurate. I only had a co-pay and can't remember how much my insurance was billed for the treatments.
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Breadon is wants you to have great skin. She gives you your options of possible treatments and allows you to decide your course of action. I like instant results and she doesn't mind, so we go great together.

Wow, your after picture is amazing! I'm glad it worked so well for you.
So glad you shared your experience with us and thrilled for you that you found something that finally worked! You look great!