Perma Lip Implant 5mm Bottom and Top - Reno, NV

Hi I just got permalip done I'm 25 male in Reno...

Hi I just got permalip done I'm 25 male in Reno nevada march 14th 2014 today was my surgery it went well except I had some pain after words and lots of swelling so the doc had me take a 3rd norco that helped a lot I'm going to be adding photos so u can see my day 1 as they progress every day my lips feel very swollen but the norco pain med has helped a ton and I took 5mg valume I recommend taking at least that much to stay calm during surgery I was awake for it but he used a numbing stuff before Hand and than after surgery I told the doc it hurt really bad so he also did a dental block after surgery I'm not going to lie it would have been better if they would have just knocked me out but the staff was very friendly especially the doc he made me feel very comfortable I did have a little juvaderm left in my bottem lip and that made it hard for the doc to get the bottem lip implant thru and it was a little painful so I def recommend letting all previouse lip injection dissolve all the way before getting it but dr dahan did a excellent job and so far everything is going well I will right tommorow to let everyone know how I'm doing and give updated pictures .

Day 4

So I'm at day 4 still swollen a lot hopefully they will go down don't really need much pain killers today their doing really well I had to go in today to the docs office because one of the stitches came out and the bottem implant moved to the right so the doc manipulated it over more to the left i will keep everyone updated tommorow

Day 2

Swollen and just getting lots of rest

Day 5

I'm a lot less swollen and I really don't need the pain meds any more I'm also using a lot of cold compresses on my lips to help swelling go down, my bottom lip implant has still shifted to the left so it kinda looks uneven again probably due to swelling because I have the biggest length implant in my lips so I have another apt with doc tommorow to see if he can push it more to the left I'll keep everyone updated a lot of people say they can feel the implant but with my experience I can hardly feel it unless I try to with my finger or tongue otherwise it just feels normal also I have always had feeling in my lips even right after surgery a lot of people complained about them not not being able to feel them but I have been able to feel them the whole time so I guess that means the nerves were not affected which is great .

Day 6

So today is day 6 and I'm doing great I went to the docs today and had to get the implant moved back to where it needed to go because of all the bruising it moved a little but and my stitches came out so the doc moved it back and I'm back in shake I have to say dr dahan is the most awesome doctor ever One of these days I would love to work for him one of these days maybe I'll be lucky enough I love everything about that place everyone is so caring and understanding they make u feel just like family and he did such a great job I'm going to post a pic of what they look like my bottom lip is swollen and bruised because of moving the implant back to where it needs to be but I'm healing very nicely and it was def worth every penny :) I cannot say this enough dr dahan is the best I would not go to anyone else and am planing on getting a brow lift from him In the near future I will keep updating as well

Day 7

So today the swelling has gone down since yesterday the doc had to move the implant back in place I'm just trying to take it easy on my talking and eating trying to just eat really soft foods cause I'm very nervous that the implant might move again but it hasn't yet it seems like it's going to stay in place and top hasn't moved at all since surgery and is doing great so I'm going to post a pic of them for today u can see the bottem lip left side is still swollen from it being moved over yesterday but that should subside in a few days otherwise I'm healing very nicely and if everything goes good stitches will be taken out next Wednesday it got bumped up to next Wednesday because of have to move the implant from it shifting and because of the old stitches falling out other than all that I don't have any pain and don't need pain meds I just keep Iceing them to bring down the rest if the swelling .:)

Day 7

Day 8

So I have to go back to the doc today one of the stitches came out and also implant moved a little on the bottom again and I can't seem to move it back over so I will update when I get back from the docs office .

Day 8

So I went to the docs office and got bigger stitches put in the bottem right side because it opened up and he also was able to massage the implant in place looks much better just swollen from massaging it back over but looks good so far today and tommorow I'm just going to rest and not eat solid food at all and just have protein shakes so hopefully that will fix the problem :) I will post tommorow in how it's doing

Day 8 night time

Lips looking and feeling way better

Day 9

Lips doing good implant hasn't moved lol I think I was just eating to tough of food so Iv only been drinking the drinkable yogurts and protein shakes being careful not to move my jaw or something maybe that's what caused my stitches to come out and implant move cause they are doing good today here's a updated pic for day 9

Day 9 full face pic

Another pic day 9

Day 10

So I'm Kinda frustrated my bottom lip keeps shifting over and it is not symmetrical like the other one when I open my mouth so I'm going to go back to the doc tomorrow to see what he can do about it these implants do move and it kinda has been a roller coaster ride as far as emotions go with deciding weather this was all worth it my lips are a lot fuller but having to deal with the bottom shifting all the time and it not being symmetrical with the other side is very frustrating I'll put a photo up of what I mean because before I got the implants my lips where very symmetrical

Left side of implant not far back enough looks uneven

Day 11

So I went to the docs office today and told the doc that the implant isn't symmetrical and just keeps shifting so he ended up sewing the implant to the muscle so it stays in place and the stitches will dissolve after a week or two my bottom lip now looks symmetrical with the other side and I'm pleased with the look so I will post a updated pic once the swelling goes down and post if their are any other complications hopefully not the doctor did a very good job and was very caring about my concerns and was very good about fixing the problem .

Day 12

Doing so much better my lips are full and implant is staying in place yesterday I was in some pain because if sewing the implant to the muscle kinda hurt but the pain meds helped a lot I'm doing a lot better today and don't need any my lips look really good and I'm very happy with the results so far

Day 17

Lips doing good one of the stitches kept coming out of the side if my lip due to a piercing I had a long time ago it caused scar tissue so dr dahan saw me on a Sunday I am very grateful that he did and he re stitched it up he is a awesome doctor my lips are looking great and I'm just waiting for the one wound to heal that he re put stitches In I will update in a few days on how it's going I would not choose any other doctor tho I recommend him over any other here in Reno !

Swollen bottom

So my bottom lip has been swelling a lot I think it's because my internal stitch finally dissolved and that the implant can move a little my top lip is doing awesome tho no problems at all so I'm just Iceing it a lot and I'm gonna call the doc tommorow to make sure that's what is going on I keep sleeping in my back the past to days to reduce swelling but it's still puffy on the sides of the bottom so hopefully that is why I think this procedure just takes a lot and I mean a lot of time and patience especially if u have some shifting and complications than it prolongs healing time by a lot at Least my stitches are healed tho and I can feel my lips 100 percent and they arnt in any pain at all I will post a update soon to let everyone know if everything goes well .

Bottom lip swollen

So my bottom lip is still very swollen it's weird cause it's not going down at all and it's kinda painful I called and talk to the nurse and she said I need to finish my antibiotics and I have a apt on Monday to see the doc cause he's out of states kill keep everyone uodated.

Infected

So I'm pretty sure my bottem lip is infected my top is find but bottem is burning and swelled up still and I'm taking antibiotics. But it's not helping at all my lymph nodes are swollen this really sux this surgery was so not worth it I'm my case .

Update

So I went to see the nurse today at my docs office cause my doc is out of town and she said my lip doesn't look infected so she took a syringe needle to try to suck out any fluid In the bottom man did that hurt lol and nothing really came out just some blood I don't have a fever so I switched antibiotics just in. Case and also was told to ice every night I hope the swelling goes down on my bottom lip it looks crazy

Bottom lip infected

So my bottom lip is def infected it has yellow pus coming from it like crazy I keep have to push it out it's pretty painful too I'm going to see my doc tommorow I want to get it removed I can't handle it anymore this has been a huge emotional roller coaster I guess infection can def happen with these lip implants and not too mention other problems I'm hoping the doc will just take it out my lymph nodes are swollen I keep feeling tired and my stomach keeps getting upset I'm just posting this not to talk anyone out if this implant to to show that this can happen If I could go back and make the decision of getting these I would say no and stay with juvaderm I will be getting that in my bottom lip if when this heals I guess getting them removed hurts really bad too Iv been on a ton of different anti biotics and their not helping my doctor is a very good doctor too he has talked to me a lot and done the best he can with this so I will keep everyone ups date my top lip is doing great however it's not infected looks good can't even tell it's their so I'll be leaving that one as it's not a huge difference from my original lip .

Got bottom lip implant out

So I got my bottom lip implant out didn't hurt at all my body was actually pushing it out anyway cause once they get infected the implant starts pushing out but I was surprised to see that after the implant was taken out the fullness is still their the doc actually said that it will remain full because the implant stretches the lip and builds a capsule type thing so I'm very happy with that I still will probably get some juvaderm in it in a few months but here's a pic and my top lip with the implant is doing awesome healing great
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Dr Dahan is a awesome caring amazing doctor I wouldn't go to anyone else he truly is the best !!!

How are you doing? Did your bottom lip stay as full? I'm probably getting mine out next week or the week after.
Yes, it's still big. I have asked the Dr to just remove it but he said to wait at least 3 more weeks. I guess to get used to it. I have told him I just want both removed and he won't do it for 3 more weeks!! Needless you say I'm very frustrated. I hope I can convince him to do it this coming Monday so if I do I'll let you know. Please let me know what's going on w yours. Are you having top and bottom removed? Good luck!
I only had the bottom removed top is still doing good it is hard to open my mouth all the way still and I can majorly feel scars on the sides of my lips the doc said he might have too do a shot of cortisone in my lip scars in a few months I will be getting juvaderm in the bottom lip again...the top lip is doing good so far tho :)hope ur doing good keep me updated
I feel so sorry for you having gone through all this. It takes a lot of guts to undergo plastic surgery in the first place. Thanks for sharing your story. You are a good looking man with or without the lip implants!
Awww thankyou very much I appreciate that very much:)
So sorry that you've got an infection, hope it is resolved soon. Your top lip looks great and totally natural so I think you are right to just keep the top since it's subtle. Personally I'm not happy with the way my implant looks/feels. Too firm and creates sort of a ridge above the lip. I may have it removed or a smaller size. Please update on how it goes. All the best.
I will thankyou ya I'm getting it removed and ya the sides if the implant just don't look natural on the bottom I will def keep u updated at least theirs juvaderm lol
I've got the ridge above my upper lip as well! Curious, did it go away? Did you do mouth stretching exercises? I'm very fresh from surgery and still healing.
You look great! How do your lips feel to the touch (or kiss)? Have they gotten softer?
The top is amazing the bottom is still swollen but they are very did once the swelling goes down thanks for the compliment :)
Thanks for the updates! They look great!
I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf! It's going to be super helpful for others looking into permalip, especially guys. I think you're looking really good for being less than a week post op. Please continue to update us!
Thankyou ya I think it all has to do with the doctor you go to and dr dahan is wonderful!
I got my lips done 5 days ago and have a few questions seeing as you know a lot about the whole process. Does the swelling go down a lot more after 5 days? My bottom lip looks a little too large, it's a 4mm, and wonder if the swelling will deep going down. What is the process of re positioning an implant that has shifted? is it as painful as the first time and does the dr. have to give you more anesthesia?? My upper lip implant has shifted a bit and I go in in 2 days for my 1 week checkup. Thank you for posting your experience online, it has been very informative. Yours look great! ps- I don't think you need a brow lift at all!! Your face has great structure as it is and messing with that could look weird. Leave your good looks alone!!
Hi I'm sorry I'm just getting your post swelling does go down more after 5 days just keep iceing them a lot as well as keep your head elevated at night and don't sleep on ur lips this can cause additional the swelling also stay out of the sun as much as possible heat can make them swell and prolong it also if you feel like the bottom is too large it could very well be swollen still I feel like it takes at least 5 weeks before almost all swelling is gone and still I think their is at least 5 percent until all healing is done at 3 months most important thing to remember is just give it time and if u don't like the end result the doc will switch it for a smaller one when the implant has shifted the doc will usually just massage it over for me it was painful I took a pain pill and put on numbing cream each time he had to move it over and that was like 10 times the doc won't have to put u to sleep tho just to reposition the implant I didn't get put out to sleep for the procedure or for any of the after problems ps my lower lip is swelling a lot right know because the stitch the doc put in to keep it from moving finally dissolved and so the little movements has caused it to swell especially a lot in the morning so for the next week I'll be sleeping with two pillows not sleeping on my face and Iceing so they go down again anytime anything is done to them they will swell but after the three months healing all should look good if you have any more questions just ask hope all is well also thanks for the compliment much appreciated I'm def not getting the brow lift .
Thanks for your reply and sharing your story. Your posts have been my go to for what to expect during this whole process. It's been 2 weeks for me tomorrow, my stitches are out and my top lip looks great. My bottom lip is a little too long and doesn't turn you at the corners so I think I have a rather trout-ish bottom lip. The Dr said to wait until the swelling goes down and if need be he can go in and trim the edges. How that won't entail too much more pain and down time. I'll post a pic if I can figure out out. Glad to hear about the brow lift! You look great - go out, kiss someone and enjoy your new lips!
my doc trimmed the corners of mine too it didn't hurt me at all because he fully numbed me all the way just make sure take a pain med before he does it and than i ended up taking two after cause right after is when it really started hurting so the pain pills helped a lot in that case I think it's a really common problem with the bottem lip cuz I could see the ends of the implant and they end up trimming it hopefully it fixes everything keep me updated and thankyou sounds good :)
Thanks for your reply, it's been yet another week and I'm back to work but don't like how my medium implants look. They don't look natural to me. I told my Dr originally I only wanted the smallest ones but he convinced me to do the medium ones. Should have gone with my instincts. Going in Tuesday for my checkup and telling him I want them removed and replaced with the smallest ones. I'm not looking forward to it as far as the pain and healing goes. I hope I don't have to wait to have them replaced as I want this tho be done with! If anyone knows anything about getting implants replaced, let me know. Not real happy right now, hope I'll have good news soon!
Usually with getting them replaced u have a greater chance of infection make sure to take the antibiotics a long time after you get the new ones the pain shouldn't be bad to switch them as long as the tissue hasn't grown to the implant as long as the implant can move freely hope this helps the smallest implant probably won't make any difference in size once it's fully healed I would wait for full swelling to go down first swelling with the permalip lasts for 6 weeks or longer do u think it looks unnatural cause size?
Yes, I do. The top and bottom are both too big, it gives my mouth that 'trout-pout' look so I know it's not due to swelling. I wonder what my lips will look like if they are just removed. Do you happen to know if I want them replaced will I have to have them removed and then wait to put new ones in or if the Dr does it all at the same time. Btw, how do I upload a picture?!
You do have amazing facial structure and you will look great no matter if you have Juverderm or not! Thanks for posting a detailed account of the experience.