Rhinoplasty Review South Australia 18yo Female - Adelaide, AU

I wanted to write a review because I don't feel...

I wanted to write a review because I don't feel that many reviews prepared me for what to expect, so hopefully this review might help somebody.
I had hated my nose for a long time but thought surgery would be out of reach, when i realised it might be a possibility i saved up and it crept up very quickly. I was terrified about pain and what i'd go through but my main concern was that I would hate the outcome or my face would change and i'd regret the surgery, however eventually i realised that worrying wouldn't solve anyone and if i hated my nose that much i may as well take the risk.

The day of my surgery was terrifying and went so slowly but eventually i was lying down and a doctor told me i should have a funny taste in myself (the anaesthetic) and then I was out like a light. By far the worst part of my experience was waking up- i was so afraid i couldn't breathe out my nose, which is such a horrible experience when you can't blow your nose and you know you wont be able to breathe for a while, i also had a really sore throat after having a tube inserted so i was really panicked and had a bit of an attack which obviously made it worse, i also felt very sick and dizzy but actually felt very little pain.
After i had calmed down my family came to see me and i was so out of it i just didnt really care i just wanted to go home, the nurses gave me some anti nausea stuff and made me eat a sandwich then sent me home.
The whole journey home i felt so ill and the sick feeling lased about 48 hours and then went away i think it was when the anaesthetic wore off.
I felt so uncomfortable i had a huge cast which covered alot of my face and my face felt so dry and horrible the first three nights were the worst i couldnt sleep longer than 20 minutes without waking up with the dryest throat imaginable for water and chap stick. I was so not myself for the first three days didnt show any expressions i couldnt move my face and was so frustrated at not being able to breathe well, but like i said i felt hardly any pain even though my face was very bruised and swollen.
After the first three days it got so much easier i was back to myself i learnt to deal with not breathing out of my nose and got used to the cast and tried not to be so frustrated as it was my choice after all.
After 6 days i got my cast off and it was a little painful but nothing bad, i didnt look in the mirror because i was so scared I actually had another small panic attack while getting the cast off. I was really shocked when i saw my nose i was really happy with the profile view but it was very very swollen from the front and even looked a bit crooked. I also had a very heavy numb feeling in my nose which lasted about two weeks and much to my dismay the nurses didnt remove any of the blockage in my nose.

Its now been 4 weeks since the surgery, i'm happy with the results but my nose is still a bit crooked which is apparently swelling and the tip is still a little bit big and low but im hoping that its just swelling i think it is. I'm still a little stuffy and my nose is sore, and i have to be gentle with it, my boyfriend accidently hit me in the nose and i woke up with black eyes again but luckily the only damage done was a little bit of pain.

Overall i would say the experience was well worth it, a week of frustration and you get a whole new nose! The pain was really really minimal the worst part is being frustrated about breathing and the big dry cast! Dr Sylaidis also offers free revision surgery which is great because if im not happy with the result i can undergo surgery again!
Hope this review helps somebody

Pictures

Dr Sylaidis

Dr Sylaidis was very professional and is an extremely accomplished surgeon, I would definitely recommend him, however I felt that he was very busy and didn't have a great deal of time to spend with me.

Do you have any current photos post-op? Would love to see Dr Sylaidis work as I'm interested in having a consultation with him this year. Any photos or information would be much appreciated!! :)
Looks great! Thanks for sharing :)
You look beautiful!
why was it so inexpensive compared to the pricing of other rhinoplasty surgeons?
The surgeon fee was $5000 and hospital fee $3000 but I have private health insurance so only payed $4500
You should go for it so worthwhile!
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm terrified about getting a nose job, but if it will help me ease my insecurities then I will totally do it, too!

Thank you so much for sharing and giving others an idea of what to expect. Sleeping those first few nights can definitely be brutal! I'm glad you're feeling the process was worth it.