The Girl with the Big Nose - Adelaide, Australia

I hated my nose from a young age, knowing it was...

I hated my nose from a young age, knowing it was always too big for my face. It got to the stage where I was embarrassed to meet new people, have job interviews etc. I would never allow anyone to take a photo of the side of my face, and if anyone snuck one in I'd get upset for days, as it was a reminder of how awful my nose looked. I got teased about my nose throughout my life - I was the 'girl with the big nose', kate ' nose all' etc etc. At 24, the I saw I photo of me laughing from the side. I cracked it and decided to book an appointment to see if I could get my nose done.

The initial appointment was terrifying, but the surgeon confirmed my worries, even though my mum was there trying to convince him otherwise! I tentatively booked in surgery for a couple of months time.

During this time, I spoke about it with friends and family and knew it was now or never - I wouldn't be covered by health insurance after 25!

I got my surgery done 4 days ago - I can't see what it looks like yet as it is still bandaged up, however the recovery process is better than what I had expected. I have no pain, it is just uncomfortable.

Please ask me any questions you may have if you're considering rhinoplasty!