Painful but Some Improvement

My face was numbed and I had taken a Valium...

My face was numbed and I had taken a Valium beforehand, but it was still very painful during the entire Active FX procedure. Except, around the mouth because they gave me many injections inside my mouth, just like a dentist would do.

It has been over one month and my face is still red and splotchy.
There are big patches of brown skin around the eyes where the crow's
feet were. I now am getting the crow's feet back again. The painful peroxide soaks had to be done 6 times per day and were excruciatingly painful. I don't think it was worth it for minimal results.

I had the Active FX done around my eyes 17 days ago. It is still quite red. There is no scabbing or peeling anymore, just redness. I am also noticing many tiny broken blood vessles where the Active FX was done. Has anyone had a similar experience? Perhaps one of the doctors can comment on my experience.
It sounds as if during your pretreatment explanation (for whatever reason) you may not have fully understood the power of these types of lasers. They can scar you easily if used too agressively or improperly. Even though they may seem harmless when discussed in terms of fractionated , safer, less downtime etc. These should only be used under the direct supervision of a highly trained physician. Check to see if your med spa is supervised by dermatologists who are truly skin experts and who have had laser training (extensive), that the Doctor comes in to see you and sets the lasers and hopefully does the treatment themselves. So please be sure you check out the credentials of those who are treating you, how much experience they truly have , see photos of pre and DURING and after. IF you had seen any immediate post treatment pics they often give you the chance to discuss the prolonged redness and swelling that occurs with abalative lasers (fractionated or not). You might also look into the Profractional laser by Sciton (Sciton.com) This is a great fractionated laser with less downtime and great results. Lastly, it can often be used with no topical or local anesthesia because of the technology behind Erbium Yag lasers as opposed to CO2!!! Again, there is no free lunch so be aware of the need to match results to side effects. Good luck and keep your communication lines open with those who treat you because without your feedback they have no way of knowing what their patients truly experience !
I had the Active FX Laser treatment 4 days ago. My face is still red and extremely swollen. It feels like there's fluid under the skin and my face is throbbing. I'm trying to not freak out but I'm pretty scared. There's a lot of dryness but I'm not really flaking or peeling yet. I don't understand why I am still so swollen. Has anybody else out there had swelling that lasted this long? I'm trying not to regret doing it and keep a grip on my anxiety. I was just going to get IPL for sun damage/age spots and then the nurse at the Med Spa told me about Active FX. I thought "why not?" At 52 a little firming and tightening couldn't hurt. I already had good skin, tone and texture, just the sun damage spots. Can someone please give me some reassurance that I'm going to be ok? Thanks.