After Getting my Hopes Up, Spending over $2200, 8 Months Later...NO RESULTS!!!!

Ok, I am the first to say that I didn't want to...

Ok, I am the first to say that I didn't want to believe any of the reviews that said Active FX didn't work! I am and have always been hopeful and willing to take risks if it means looking younger and feeling younger. So I went ahead and splurged over $2200.00 in a notable Los Angeles (Westwood) plastic surgeons office. I think the first warning sign that Active FX doesn't work- was when the doctor used his top nurse for example. He claimed she had the Active Fx treatment done and the results were astounding. Well, after seeing his nurse, and I am going to be honest here- she was so loaded with wrinkles that I couldn't fathom what she must have looked like before. (And that is exactly what the doctor said: "you should have seen her before.") So STILL I was hopeful and underwent the Active Fx procedure. It was a bit uncomfortable- but hey- if it will make me look younger and remove even the fine little lines, it's worth it right? Well, that's what I had thought. The recovery wasn't too bad and I was up and running within days. The downfall you ask? As I look back on the 8 months since that Active Fx treatment, I have yet to see any results at all. Not a teeny tiny fine line erased- nothing. (I do have nice skin to begin with by the way, but you would think that I would be an even better candidate to having these little, tiny lines removed. But NOTHING!!! Absolutely NOTHING. You should bookmark my review and wait until more people start stepping forward announcing they also wasted time and money on this procedure with no results! There is a reason why the nurse at the office I went to- has since proclaimed she has undergone the Active FX treatment more than once. (If it worked so well the first time why would you undergo several treatments within months of each other?) I know she is the guinea pig who is being used to see if the Active FX really works- but this treatment hasn't even been out for that long and as far as I'm concerned she is nothing to be bragging about. Take my humble and truthful advice- don't let ANY physician or nurse for that matter, tell you that this treatment works. There is a reason why the Active FX has such mixed reviews on this site. Only time will prove Active FX, and all of the physicians who spent thousands on the machine are wrong. I'm sure most doctors who carry the Active FX machine are going to tell you how great it is- they have to make their money back from buying such expensive equipment!

I had the procedure done a month ago. My doctor said I would see a dramatic difference in my skin. I'm 29 years old. I have some chicken pox scars, some fine lines and a scar from stitches I had when I was 4 on my forehead I wanted addressed. I have no improvement also from this procedure except for the scar from the stitches isn't as hard as it once was. I also now have DEEP wrinkles all around my eyes. I'm freaking out about it! I also still have brown dots all over my face. I haven't peeled in weeks. I also have avoided the sun. They also told me it was dead skin which is a bunch of bull! I see Dr. Robbins on the 3rd. I'm fearing he is gonna tell me to fork over more money to fix it and I don't have more money to do that. My eyes are ruined. I now look like I'm 45 years old. I still have all of my fine lines and my best feature, my eyes, look like that of a Much older woman. I don't know what I'm gonna do??? :*(
NOT A SINGLE DIFFERENCE IN MY SKIN AFTER 5 MONTHS!!! I have even asked my doctor for a refund, that is how disappointed I am with the results, ~ or lack of any results. He has of course refused. I feel completely taken in and the $2200 I spent was my savings. Now I have no money and skin that is worse than it was before the procedure!!
How do you mean worse?
I am now prone to break outs which the nurse assured me was from using the Aquafor I was told to use. I have suffered from cystic acne which have left scars. I also get whiteheads that have to be taken care of professionally...yet another expense. I have brown blotchiness on my nose since the procedure which has not gone away after 6 months now. I also still have the hyper-pigmentation along my jaw line & cheeks which was just one reason I had the procedure. My fine lines, which I was assured, would be virtually unnoticable are still there as well. I was not seeking perfection, but have seen no positive results. For a few weeks after the procedure I did look refreshed but that is because the top layer of my face was taken off! Overall, the expense, time off from work as well as the expenses incurred afterward, I cannot recommend this procedure.
Just had the procedure 5 days ago. Wanted it for acne scares, enlarged pores, skin tighening, and fine lines. Still have some slight swelling and redness. Went to see the Dr. yesterday and pointed out that all the lines, pores and scares are still there. Supposedly the tightening happens over time [6 mos to a year]. Right now I'm feeling like I made a hugh and expensive mistake [$3200]. I will post updates.
I feel really bad for you. Especially if you are having this treatment and spending all that money to improve your skin and eleviate acne scars. I guess if this treatment does not work then the before and after photo's must be doctored. What do you think?

I had the procedure too, and I am very disappointed. I feel like I have been had. The doctor tried to point out the difference in my skin, but alas...he was just trying to make me feel better. No difference at all, my wallet is a little lighter now. :(