Acne Scars Gone - Steens, MS

I never ever thought that i could get rid  of...

I never ever thought that i could get rid  of my awful acne scars. I had too many of them and i had started to hate the way i look. I must have tried every possible cream and treatment, all those shown on tv with celebrities endorsing them but nothing worked. Ofcourse i tried proactiv, which has helped me by stopping acne break outs now, but the scars that past break outs have left me , nothing worked to lighten them. I then heard about Microdremabrasion from a friend. I have not seen how she looks as she lives far away, but what i heard from her over the phone and what pics i saw of her were quite convincing. I just had a hard time believing that this treatment was so cheap.

The low cost made me feel that it might be a scam. But i was wrong. Microdermabrasion has removed my acne scars and though i don't read many good reviews about it, maybe i am an exception because the procedure has worked on me. My pores have cleaned out and there is this freshness about my skin and i also see no break outs now after 4 months. I had it done twice, with a gap of two weeks and saw great results.

My skin was first cleansed and then sandblasted to remove all the infection that must have been causing acne. Then i was cleansed again and a lotion and some sunscreen was applied. My skin looked sunburnt after that for a few days. The pain was more than bearable although it burnt a bit around the eyes. I avoided sun exposure for a month after that. Now after a few months, i dont see acne coming back and more importantly, i see the acne marks have reduced to a bare minimum which is amazing. It took a few weeks for the result to show but it was worth the wait.

i have a burnt scar on my face since i was 2yrs old...well its not that serious but i just wanted to know what type of treatment should i go through..micro, plastic surgery, lasar...please can you give me a good advise..
Just spot treat the area with fraxil. It's not expensive if you don't treat large amounts of skin. Trust me it will go away.
I don't have acne anymore (i'm 45), but i have mild scarring around the jawline from teenage acne, and slight rosacea around the cheeks, so in the past few months, i have done 3 glycolic acid peels, first one was 20%, then 35%, and the latest was 50%...then just put this jelly like goop on your face and leave it on for about 3-5 minutes, then this nice cool spray to cool your skin down, then they put a nice moisturizer on. i was red for a few hours, and then it calmed right down...i noticed slight improvement, but not as much as til after this last one...i see a big improvement, but not enough to satisfy me, so i talked to the dr about it, and she said i could buy another package of 3, but i could intermingle microderm and the peels, and she also said that having the peels, was a great pre-cursor for the microderm, so i'm going to try one microderm, and see how i like it, and then maybe another one, then finally one more peel..i'm very excited for the final results.
I had several treatments over the years and it definately makes your skin look years younger, but I was going for very mild acne scars. It did help a little but I am looking for a procedure to smooth out these very shallow scars. Does anyone know of any laser treatments. I heard fraxel is the newest and the best out there. I still get microdermabrasion done to help my skin. Should I still get micro and hope to diminish the scars or am I kidding myself?
I have acne scares and am confused about what to do about them. Fraxel I also heard was the newest thing but quite expensive. Microdermabrasion is another option but how effective is it? My scars are not that deep, so I think, but they do bother me. I don't know what to do. Elena
Fraxil is definitely the best treatment out there, but it's very expensive. Depending on your pigment (white, latino, black) you may also be a candidate for fotofacial. Fotofacial is not recommended for darker complexions. I just scheduled an appointment for fraxil and the procedure costs $3500 - but it includes 4 treatments. Microdermabrasion is good, but depending on how severe your scarring is, it could take a long time. If they're very shallow as you say, you may only need a few treatments. I'd talk to a few dermatologists and compare pricing. The office I go to for chemical peels charges $150 for dermabrasion, that's the cheapest I've been able to find. You may have better luck though, especially if your in a big city.
There are multiple types of Fraxel... I am aware of Fraxel re:fine, re:store, and re:pair, and there may be others. (?) The biggest plus (for me, anyway) of the Fraxel Re:Pair is that it is a single treatment. This is largely due to the fact it is an ablative (CO2) procedure, resulting in more downtime than, say, Fraxel Re:Store, but also producing better results. My best advice would be to educate yourself on the various options (there is a TON of relevant info right here on RealSelf!), then consult with at least two dermatologists or cosmetic surgeons who perform the types of procedures in which you are interested. If you do decide Fraxel Re:Pair may be an option for you, be certain to specifically mention the "re:pair" part when inquiring of potential doctors; there are numerous re:store lasers throughout the country, but far fewer of the newer re:pair lasers. Best of luck to you whatever you decide. Keep us posted! ~allie