First Treatment

Hi - I just had my first trtmt today. I had the...

Hi - I just had my first trtmt today. I had the clear gel and the fan blower (doctor held it). The most pain for me was around my eyes and jawbone. Cheeks, lip and chin were not painful. They gave me two prednazones (I have to take them for 2 more days), 2 pain pills and follow for a week's worth of an antibiotic. I looked in the mirror at about 4pm when he finished and I started to freak and get teary b/c i was so swollen. The nurse told me not to look and just start icing immediately. I left the office by 430 and the swelling had already gone down significantly. It's now 8:15, I am still a little swollen and just now starting to turn pink. My face is still numb but it feels warm. I asked the doc on a scale of 1-10 how bad he thought my scars were (was on accutane 12 years ago), he told me I was approaching a 5. Nobody else thinks they are bad though. I just don't have porcelain skin. Update: It has been 3 weeks and my skin is back to normal. All the swelling subsided by day 10. I don't see any improvement. In fact, ever since the treatment, I have had terrible break outs. I have tried 2 dift topicals and now they finally put me on an oral anti-biotic. It's better but not great. I am going to move ahead w/this b/c I really want to but I will insist on an oral med for the duration of the treatment sessions. Walking around with break-outs is far worse than a few scars.