Absolutely Yes to Eyelid Surgery! Chevy Chase, MD

I went to a well-regarded surgical opthamologist,...

I went to a well-regarded surgical opthamologist, known for reconstructive surgery. I wouldn't have let any "general" plastic surgeon work near my eyes. My surgeon was recommended to me by a friend who is a Chanel rep. People were always telling me how tired I looked, even when I was wide awake, and I was pretty tired of that! In photos, I looked awful. I was too thin to have such bags.

I had my lower eyelids done. He said my uppers didn't need surgery. I had inherited the fat pockets under my eyes, and as I aged, they got worse. For years, I had been convinced by "product specialists" that creams could fix my bags. I finally understood that no amount of cosmetics would do that.

So, I had the procedure, which itself was uneventful and painless. After, I then laid in bed for three days with frozen peas on my eyes. Quite restful. :)

I did have a complication. Lost temporarily the muscle tone under one eye, and it sagged underneath. He was totally confident it would heal, and he was right, even though it took longer than predicted. During the recovery, I had to wear my glasses, rather than contacts, and that was a nuisance.

I never made a better "appearance" decision. Everything healed, I look years younger, and I am reminded by the few friends who know about the surgery that my eyes look fabulous. There are no visible scars; instead, it appears that I have light eyeliner on at the last line - too cool. The only thing I wish is that he had removed just a tad more fat from under the right eye (left one is PERFECT). He said I would look hollow if he had and that that was the major mistake many surgeons make.

I have recommended the doctor to everyone who had complained about their eyes, but been nervous about having a generalist operate on their eyes. He's fabulous. Turns out he trained my regular opthamologist at Georgetown University med school.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

He is one of the DC area's most highly regarded eye specialists.

No, but I did wake up during it. I joking asked my doctor if I had to watch and he had my anesthesia increased with the bat of his eye at his assistant doctor. They did twilight anesthesia. So, we didn't talk, except for that one question I asked. I preferred it that way - no anxiety. :)

I think it took 45 minutes or so. Not sure anymore, but it was pretty short.

Keep asking - I encourage questions, and I would love to share any info I can! Good luck to you. If you need it, do it!
Hi were you slightly awake? I have seen videos in which the patient is still able to reply to the surgeons while the procedure is being done.

& how long did the surgery last sorry for all my questions is just that i have the same problem your story is exactly what I'm going through.

thanks,
Paul Gavaris in Spring Valley area of DC.
Hi. What doctor did you go to? I would like to call for a consultation
I was 56 when I had when I had the procedure done. Another reader of this site just had her eyes done by this doctor, and she is thrilled.
How old are you? I have an appointment with this Doctor this afternoon...excited and nervous!!!