Absolutely Yes to Eyelid Surgery! Chevy Chase, MD

I went to a well-regarded surgical opthamologist,...

I went to a well-regarded surgical opthamologist, known for reconstructive surgery. I wouldn't have let any "general" plastic surgeon work near my eyes. My surgeon was recommended to me by a friend who is a Chanel rep. People were always telling me how tired I looked, even when I was wide awake, and I was pretty tired of that! In photos, I looked awful. I was too thin to have such bags.

I had my lower eyelids done. He said my uppers didn't need surgery. I had inherited the fat pockets under my eyes, and as I aged, they got worse. For years, I had been convinced by "product specialists" that creams could fix my bags. I finally understood that no amount of cosmetics would do that.

So, I had the procedure, which itself was uneventful and painless. After, I then laid in bed for three days with frozen peas on my eyes. Quite restful. :)

I did have a complication. Lost temporarily the muscle tone under one eye, and it sagged underneath. He was totally confident it would heal, and he was right, even though it took longer than predicted. During the recovery, I had to wear my glasses, rather than contacts, and that was a nuisance.

I never made a better "appearance" decision. Everything healed, I look years younger, and I am reminded by the few friends who know about the surgery that my eyes look fabulous. There are no visible scars; instead, it appears that I have light eyeliner on at the last line - too cool. The only thing I wish is that he had removed just a tad more fat from under the right eye (left one is PERFECT). He said I would look hollow if he had and that that was the major mistake many surgeons make.

I have recommended the doctor to everyone who had complained about their eyes, but been nervous about having a generalist operate on their eyes. He's fabulous. Turns out he trained my regular opthamologist at Georgetown University med school.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

He is one of the DC area's most highly regarded eye specialists.