Botox for Deep Forehead Furrows - Why is It Fading Within a Few Weeks?

I love botox! I was so reluctant to do it because...

I love botox! I was so reluctant to do it because i did nto want to look fake or unnatural.

I started botox sept 2009. The results were astounding for me. I am a fit 39 yo mother of 2 that takes great care of herself. Problem is I am very expressive and have deep forehead furrows and very deep line between the brows.

When my derm finally convinced me to do botox for my 20th high school reunion I was reluctant but I did it and the result were ASTOUNDING! I looked so good, my forehead looked smooth but natural, not fake or harsh. i loved it. I was 38 when I did it and the response was amazing! I looked great and men were responding to me like I was 30 again. At my high school reunion I can say that I was one of the more confident attendees there. I love it also because i do not wear makeup so i want a clean smooth look.

Problem was, I needed MANY boosters to keep it up. I seem to fade within weeks of my treatment. I got treated in May with about 3 boosters. She made me wait until I was completely free of botox before I got it again, Sept 22 2009. I needed a booster w/in a week.

It is now Oct 16 and 2/3 of my forehead completely needs more botox. There is movement and the top 2 out of my 3 deep furrows are back. Am I wrong to request more boosters? I get platitudes like : you have strong forehead muscles or: you are testing it too much to see if it's working when I ask why it fades too fast.

Please help me understand why I am experiencing this and what i can need to do to improve my botox experience. My husband isn't going to put up with endless botox injections at these prices! Thanks!

I will tell you that I had botox recently and nada -- I am SO convinced that some docs might dilute it too much, for sure. Because the other doc I see ALWAYS gave me strong, sure, and long-lasting results. I am so pissed, since Botox is pricey and I am not at all rich. I will not be going back to that doc, even though he does a great job on the fillers I want. It's kind of like when you go to one hairdresser for color and a different one for cut, after you learn the hard way who does the best job of each. Wish I could find a doc who does both fillers and botox well, but man am I pissed.
I do not know how many units. I never thought to ask!
Hey-how many units are you getting?

My dermatologist has been in the area for about 17 years, and her father is a world renowned skin specialist as well. I trust her and her staff. Very professional. I have seen her off and on for other thing for over 10 years. i only just took the botox plunge a year ago at age 38.