Vaser on Abdominal Areas and Flanks - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am scheduled to have my procedure next...

I am scheduled to have my procedure next Wednesday(July 15, 2009. AT THIS TIME I AM NOT ABLE ABLE TO RATE MY OVERALL SATISFACTION.

I am going to a board certified PS who, is very nice and answered all of my questions no matter how silly.

I will be posting pre-op pictures after my procedure.

If you have any tips that you think will be helpful for post opt recovery or your own experience with Vaser I am all ears.

Today is July 15th. I had my vaser lipo performed...

Today is July 15th. I had my vaser lipo performed today. I decided to go under general anesthesia because I did not not want to be up for the surgery. I was extremely nervous, anxious and on the verge of tears just waiting to go into the operating room, I can't just imagine what my anxiety level would have been if I was up for the procedure.

I am now 11 hours post surgery  and I am feeling okay. I had my flanks(love handles) and entire abdominal area done.  I can not see any results at this time since I am swollen. My stomach feels like a water bed and is numb to the touch.  My flanks back area of the love handles feels like I went 10 rounds with a heavy weight boxer but the pain medication is keeping me comfortable.  My abdominal area feels fine and I am not in any pain as far as that area in concern. At this time there is no drainage, however I am using the bathroom every 30 minutes to an hour.  The compression garment is not so bad today, it feels like a new pair of spanx...lol..but let's see how i feel after wearing this for the next few weeks non-stop.  I have 4 incision on the lower half of my stomach were most of the fat was and one on the upper abdomen area.

I am also sleeping like every 4 hours especially after I take my pain medication, which I have taken twice since coming back home.  I will post pictures once some of the swelling comes down. I think i look the same way I did before the procedure.

As for my overall satisfaction is still to early to tell.

Update July 17th. Here are some before pictures...

Update July 17th. Here are some before pictures and pictures 1 and 2 days post opt.

Today is August 25Th and I am 6 weeks out. ...

Today is August 25Th and I am 6 weeks out.  This procedure is not a quick fix and healing takes time. I glad to say that I am happy with the results and see improvements to the area that was done.  It took me about 4 weeks to get back to my exercise routine. I wear a "tummy trimmer" when I exercise since i am still a little sore around the flanks and it helps when I am jumping or running.  The scars are healing well and are becoming less visible. I will be posting pictures shortly.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

m
Hello, I am about to have Vaser surgery on 2/8/2010. I am a black female and was wondering did you have any permanent bruising or discoloration? How were the results...did you get the flat stomach and and smaller flanks? Do you experience any current pain from the surgery or any other problems? Also do you have any current pictures? I know I am asking a lot, but could you PLEASE provide me these answers and anything else that you may find informative...I would really like your insight on Vaser surgery.
who is your doctor for vaser lipo?

The doctor's name appears at the top of the review. Click on his name for full contact details. Hope this helps!

wow you look great. please keep us posted on how everything is. I am a 25 year old african american woman and I want to know what side effects did you have, how long was the procedure, and is the scarring bad. I hope to get it done in November.
The biggest side effect for me is the soreness. It gets better day by day. The swelling of course and I think I swell based on my activities of the day. I was sleep during my procedure but I think I was told about an hour and a half to two hours. Mines are fading quite well. I can't wait to see what they look like after 3 months
Hey what type of compression garment do you wear. I had mine 3 weeks ago and I just wear spanks. Do you think that is good enough?
I wore the garment that was like a bathing suite, but I did wear spanks when I wanted to go out because the compression garment was kind of bulky. My doctor told me it was fine
Can you let us know how the scarring is on black skin? Im going toget this procedure but am concerned about the number of insisions and how they will look afterwards. Thanks
My scars are still healing, so it hard to ay what the final outcome to be. Right now they are still "scabbed" over but they appear to be healing fine. The scars are not raised or lumpy at this time. That was one my biggest concerns as well.
My scars are still healing, so it hard to say what the final outcome to be. Right now they are still "scabbed" over but they appear to be healing fine. The scars are not raised or lumpy at this time. That was one my biggest concerns as well.
Oh thanks dark and dreamy.... hopefully they will not be too bad. I think using shea and cocoa butter will help lots. take care
That is GREAT! Your recovery sounds so excellent - I'm inspired for my own procedure coming up (torso, front and back). Glad you are up and about and off the pain meds. Look forward to seeing the next set of pictures!
Darkndreamy, It *looks* like you got some great results, but the post-op photos are way too dark for me to see much! You are almost 10 days post. How's it looking and feeling now? I am also due to have Vaser High Def lipo to entire torso end of August. I'm curious as to your recovery. Any pain, lack of mobility or issues like that? Take more pictures! We'd all love to see where you're at today. Good luck on your healing and final outcome.
I am feeling fine, I went out to shop and run errands two days after the procedure, but . The swelling is going down, but not gone. I think I will be satisfied with the final results. However my abs are still tender to the touch, but nothing to bad where I am not able to be mobile and be self sufficient. Everyday is better that the last. I was able to stop taking my pain medication about 4 to 5 days after the procedure. I plan to take more photos after my three week check up.
I had mine yesterday on my upper back and flanks. I am going back in 2 weeks to do my stomach.
Thanks for that. You're very brave! Can't wait to hear what you think after 6 weeks. Best of Luck!
Thanks for the pics...i see some improvment but theres alot of swellintg. WELL DONE FOR NOT BACKING OUT. good luck hope you have a swift recovery.
keep us updated on how it goes!