What Can I Expect After Lipo?

I had vaser-assisted liposuction last Monday. I...

I had vaser-assisted liposuction last Monday. I had 4900cc's removed (b/c I stayed overnight in the hospital, the doc took out more). I had my lower/upper abdomen, flanks done....I had a c-section 9 months ago (had a 10lb baby)..so most of my weight localized to the belly region.

what type of change would my waistline be? like more than one pant size? a huge difference?

He was incredible, reassuring and nurturing.

Hi Kay, I had VASER Lipo on my lower abdomen and my lower and upper back and I have dropped from a size 12 to a size 4...I can actually see my abdomen muscles for the first time! I saw results within a few days, but it took a few weeks for the total effect. You just have to be patient for a while.
KaY, I was very pleased with the results of the procedure and would recommend it to anyone who wants their body to reflect the amount of effort they put into exercise and diet. I now am motivated to work out more.
I am very satisfied with the results of Power Assisted Lipo. I by no means felt that I was fat, I am quite fit, I go to the gym 5-6 days/week, I train Martial Arts, I teach Martial arts to children, but I was unhappy with the roll that hung over my the top of my jeans and did not allow tops to fit nicely. I knew the exercise was not going to change that. I hated seeing pictures of myself because the first thing I would notice was the "spare tire." But that is all gone and I love to put on a form fitting top and know that I won't be wearing a jacket to hide the spare tire. Before surgery, I could wear a size 1 jean, but as I said the roll of fat protruded so I often wore my size 2 that gave me room :), but now I can easily wear the size 1 with a little bit of room. I so love the results, I will still do some work in the gym, I would like to see the ab muscle striations, but at least now I have a chance for that, before that "mommy" fat was in the way. Really stay away from the Lipodissolve, I think you will be regretful and wishing you would just have had some form of liposuction. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.
What would you say your results did for you? Exceeded expectations? Dropped sizes or just contour?
The key is to be patient with your expectations. Surgery, even Vaser lipo is invasive and is traumatic to your body. When your doc says you are ok to work ou, then do so, I had PAL, (probably more traumatic to the body than Vaser) but I was back in the gym at 20 days post-op doing body Pump classes and other weights, actually at 2 weeks just doing slow cardio on a treadclimber and elliptical. Just be patient, the results will come. Good luck
I agree 100% with ann in indy's views on being patient with expectations!
You will definately see an overall reduction in size in all those areas treated. You will likely have loose skin (which is common to ALL liposuction methods) which you will need to work on tightening up with compression garment usage, and more importantly, strength training and exercise. It could take from 3 to 6 months to achieve final results ... up to this time, it's best to get fit and eat right.