Discouraged by Vaser Lipo Results, Fluctuating Weight - Netherlands

Hasnt been good. I went to the clinic to see the...

Hasnt been good. I went to the clinic to see the doctor which performed my surgery. Ive been calling them for weeks now about the results. All they kept telling me was that it was normal and to be patient. I asked to come in after 2 weeks and they told me it was not necassary. Finally I sent the pictures and i had to go in today. The surgeon that performed the procedure checked my results and said its not good. I should have been looking like the Day4 picture.

He noticed that the garmet i was wearing was not tight at all. Thats what i kept telling them on the phone. He said thats the reason why the skin looks so bad. There was no compression. They gave me the wrong size garmet. So now he gave me an xsmall size and tells me I have to wear the garmet for 8 weeks. Then after 8 weeks I have to come back and he'll check the results. If the skin is still damage, then he needs to perform surgery. This is terrible.

I asked him about the huge lumps, is it liquid, does it need to be drained? He tells me we'll see in 8 weeks. Nightmare.

Ok, Im at 19 weeks now and thanks to...

Ok,

Im at 19 weeks now and thanks to Endomologie , my treated areas are improving. I went from a size 9 to a size 5. And weight wise from 139 to 123 lbs.

Here are some pics from today.

Hi, I'm a 33 yr woman. I weighed 61 kilos...

Hi, I'm a 33 yr woman. I weighed 61 kilos before the surgery. I had my tummy, love handles and under my bum sculptured. I did it in The Netherlands on June 9 2009 (3 weeks ago).

It's been 3 weeks now, and I do see a difference. But my stomach looks like a train ran over it. It's not even, very bumpy and around my belly button looks terrible and also my old strechmarks seem to be awakened and look awful.

Also I went down to 57 kilos, which is great, and now I'm up to 58 kilos. Is it the swelling that causes the weight to go up and down? I'm a bit worried. I eat healthy and proper and my tummy still looks bad. The lower part is so hard, and it's not smooth. Does the swelling go up and down too, causing the yoyo in the weight?

So is it normal to gain and lose weight the first few weeks or months? Does the swelling come and go? I've noticed I was sun tanning last weekend and the next day I looked so swollen and uneven. Also my bottocks. I had under sucked out to give it a little lift and curve. But I dont see any change. As you can see, Day 4 was amazing. I looked great and now it's so discouraging :(

thx Melissa

Dr. Ä. Navadeh

10 months now and it has gotten much better. But I must say, Im not too happy with the end results. Weight stays ok. I go up and down from 126-122. Stomach has gotten better, but its still a bit weird. My butt cheeks are still not even. the left one is lower. Ive been doing lots of treatments to help tighten the skin. It has not been an easy recovery.

Hi Melissany, I would like to know how you are doing after 15 years of your surgery. I hope great.
Sorry it wasn't an easy recovery for you. I feel that your PS should have told you about the possibility of getting a different kind of lipo if you had stretch marks and poor skin quality on your stomach. Not sure what your exact situation was, I'm just speculating. Hopefully the PS will give you a correction after 6 months which he/she rightfully should.
Hi Melissa, have you tried thermage ? it has to "restore" your skin, make it elastic and improve stretch marks. I am not sure how much it is there where you live, but it;s around €2.500 euros for the belly area or (60 shots) as nurse told me
I havent heard of smooth shapes. But Endomologie really helps and now Im having Lipotouch; its a sort of lipo treatment without surgery. it feels like electro waves and it melts the fat. Im on my 3rd treatment tomorrow and i do see the difference. Hes really working on my buttocks to even it out and get rid of the fold on the left side Yes; a tighter garmet does help. Dont knoz how long ago you had vaser. but the garmet is crucial in my opinion the first fez months. At the moment; I dont wear the garmet anymore. But make sure its as tight as can be or else the same can happen as what happened to me. ITs been a hell out a road. And thanks. Right now I'm at 123 and striving for 115 lbs. And I might go for the mini tummy tuck. Just posted a new pic
Hi Melissa, Wow, you look so much better after 18 weeks!! Do you know if endomologie is like smooth shapes? My dr. offered me smooth shapes as a follow up to my vaser for free. Have you seen more improvement since October? Did you find that a tighter corset/body slimmer helped? Mine is feeling a little loose too... Thanks so much for your advice - great job losing all of the weight - you look great after 18 weeks!!
Hard road
Hi Guys Its been a while. Well my treated areas are getting a bit better. I went for a follow up after 3 months. The doc agreed I need a correction. he advised on a kind of injection to fix the belly and Endomologie for the buttocks. but then they tell me I have to pay for it. So Ive had it with them. I recently moved to Belgium and found a great wellness center where they have Endomologie . Im 4.5 months preop from the lipo.I have had 7 30 min Endomologie sessions now. 2x week and I must say, its really helping. its smoothing ad tightening my belly. And my buttocks has lifted and the skin is showing quit an improvement. Im getting my whole body treated and my thighs are getting so toned, especially the inner thigh skin. I was never able to get rid of it with exercise. And I was advised not to ge lipo there since the skin would look worst. So it going getting better now thanks to the Endomologie . Ill post some pics from today
Reading these reviews, I am somewhat confused that people give the procedure the "thumbs up" but when you see the photos and hear their story it's negative. Why thumbs up then?
hi, bugiune, yes it is the remenants of the fluid, its not serious just not perfect, it will dissolve into the body over a few months I am told. had flanks done now, they are sore and very swollen so any affects of the tummy are not noticable at mo, so have to wait. let me know how your op goes. Debbi
It looks like you should have done a tummy tuck because you have that extrea skin on your abdomen. They should have advised you on that.
Debbi2, Did your doctor say what causes the fluid pockets? Is this the body's swelling liquid in the site or is it remnants of that tumescent liquid that is injected prior to the lipo? I'd just be curious to know. Also, does having liquid pockets cause any kind of inflammation or lead to infection? I hope I'm not worrying you, but as I am slated for Vaser Hi Def in 2 weeks, the more I find out now, the better! Sounds like otherwise, you are doing excellent!!
Hi melissa, I am now in week 3 of ab vaser and my tummy is up and down like a yo yo, one min I think yeh, its worked and then it looks pregnanat again. I went back for 2 weeks check and he scanned me and I have fluid pockets on lower abs, it could take a few months forthem to go. I have booked more surgery for this friday on my hips and he says he will be able to suck the fluid out then, but of course he will be adding fluid anyway so who knows. I dont have stretch marks fortunately, but you know,I think you should not focus so much on them, staring at them makes it all seem wore,and you could have a mini tuck when you can afford it. if you pop to belguim it is only about 16oo euro. Im sure you look lovley.
Wow Melissa, This is a tale to tell - and you are very brave to be going through all this. To think that just a TIGHT compression garment may resolve it all - I HOPE SO!! I will send you positive healing vibes! At the very worst, you may be looking at a mini-tummy tuck to deal with the excess skin. But geez, your waist looks about 22-24 inches - teeny-tiny! That is amazing. It really helps with your posting the photos - I will wrap myself in saran wrap if my garment doesn't fit tight-tight-tight! Keep us posted on your progress! Are all your follow-up appt's free? They should be! And IF you need that mini-tummy tuck, ditto!
I had Vaser surgery May 28, 2009 and had my upper, lower abs and flanks done. During my consultation I specifically asked my doctor what sort of results I would get on my lower ab as I too have stretch marks from my pregnancy. He said that he tell me for sure what sort of results I would get there as the skin has been "damaged" due to the stretch marks. He said the skin would tighten some but it's really hard to tell how much. My results were unusual per the doctor, as I had swelling but I lost the majority of it w/i 2 weeks and as you, my compression garment no longer fit. If you over exert yourself you can swell which in turn can cause weight gain. Overall I am happy with my results, although the skin has not tightened as much as I hoped but the doctor said I should still see results over the next3-4 month or so (I had my 6 wk right after the 4th of July and my final pics are in January)...and they were very happy with the progress based on the before pics and the 6wk pics. I still feel swollen at times and am paranoid about gaining weight-I guess I am used to how I look now and the results don't look as dramatic as they did before-but that's just me! I dropped about 5 inches from my waist and 4 inches in my hips so I am very happy with that! My thought on your pics is that whatever fat was there was filling in the area of the stretch marks and now that is gone the skin is sagging which is what my doc warned me of but felt that my stretch marks were not as bad as some....when I stand up they look better but if I bend over at the waist they are more pronounced-not as much as yours though. I will keep alook out for your update after your doctor visit.....Best of luck!
Girl!!! Let me tell you, finally I emailed pictures, the ones here to the doc and he called me asap today. he said hes never seen something like that before and I have to go asap next tues for a visit. So I hope they fix this mess. Thx for all your advice
Spinning instructor! That is impressive! We have some pretty challenging hills here in Lake Tahoe where I live, so I get my yah-yahs out on bike rides outside. Do be patient. One month is SO early!! I will know more after my Vaser Hi Def lipo at the end of next month, but I've had enough other procedures to know that recovery is *never* (EVER!) what the doctors, nurses and brochures claim it to be. Good luck on your new fitness program. Stay focused and disciplined. It must come naturally to you.
thx. i have one of those now with suspenders. but it still doesnt feel tight enough. called them today. but they havent called back. they just keep telling me its normal and its only been 4 weeks.He said it will get better within 4-6 weeks. But Im still not convinced :D Yes I started working out again and will start spinning classes in 2 weeks. I used to be a spinning instructor. I move out here to The Netherlands 5.5 yrs ago and my body just fell apart.:D Stress and my new job is in ICT. So Im sitting alot. pfff But time for a change. so I will be more active again.

Melissa, you may get more smoothing results if you switch to a body compression garment that runs from your chest clear past the buttocks. (if you can stand wearing such armor!) I wore one like this for a month after my initial lipo in 2004.

Now about the butt definition. Girl, there is NO better way to define your derriere than to do the hard work: butt crunches and scrunches - like the pelvic lift move. There are books out there that tell you the specific moves to lift your booty! You've dropped 10 pounds - that's a TON! So give yourself a BIG "high-five" for that.

Im also thinking to buy somekind of gurtle. The compression garment doesnt feel as tight anymore. its 4.5 weeks now Im at 127lbs from 137 The swelling is going down, but its still taking time and where they sculptured under my buttocks, is still not defined as much. the best result so far are my love handles. back looks much longer and i was a 32 waist and now Im down to 30. So Im going to buy a girtle and where it in combination with the compression garment. hope it works!
That's great Melissa! Cuz if you can get back to what you looked like on Day 4, you'll be a "poster gal" for Vaser lipo! You are young, and hopefully the skin will just drape nice and easy. I am 54, and will have Vaser Hi Def lipo at the end of August.... so your pictures were pretty sobering to me. I have very little stomach bulge, but just about an inch thick slab of fat stuff. So hopefully, it'll all come off smoothly! Good luck to you in the continuing journey.
yep. 24x7 and Im still wearing it. its gotten a bit better. now its 4 weeks today since the surgery. I called the clinic and they told me its normal. that my stomach is going to go threw all these phases. So Im hoping for the best.
Melissa, I don't even see an incision mark on your abdomen in the Day 4 post-op photo. But you are right about the lumpy, uneven look. Did you wear the compression garment 24x7? That should be worn for 6 weeks post. I'm no doc - and maybe my vision isn't even that good, but I would never believe that the Day 4 person was the same as the person in the first and last photos. Yikes. Good luck to you in getting this resolved.